Hacking Are you looking to hack your Switch?

Are you looking to hack your Switch?

• I'm getting the first modchip available

Votes: 122 14.9%
  • I'll wait for a proven modchip with an established userbase

Votes: 122 14.9%
  • I'm using a soft-mod solution

Votes: 262 32.0%
  • I'm not interested in modifying my Switch right now

Votes: 136 16.6%
  • I don't own a Switch...

Votes: 177 21.6%

• Total voters

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely interested in hacking it (because I love me some emulators), but I'm a bit gunshy after being banned on the 3DS. I may wait until I can afford a second Switch before I hack anything.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still have a lot of unfinished ps4/steam games, so I'll stay on 3.0.1 for now and I'll wait patiently for coolboot cfw solution, Team xecuter will NEVER have my money!

Reactions: europat

Proust

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
My interest in hacking the Switch is in direct correlation with the great ‘new’ games they will release this year... at the moment that interest is: 0.
Hopefully E3 has something nice to announce...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I want to mod my Switch, several factors prevent me from doing so, the biggest one being no apparent softmod for 4.1.0 firmware. Modchips are all well and good, but modifying a small motherboard like the Switch's is bound to result in high failure. I'm not holding my breath for a softmod on 4.x.x.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right now, no.

As I have only one Switch and bought a lot of stuff at eShop, I'm not interested in the risk of the possibility of being banned.

In the future, who knows?

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i want is previous gen console emulation so that i basically have an portable wiiU that things is great for nintendo emulation all the way back to the nes and even ps1.

I dont mind online bans because im not a fan of playing nintendo games online i mostly just do local stuff like pokemon.

Last edited by jahrs,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
yes literally th eonly reason ibought it, i would never had adopted it so quickly if not for the 3.0 announcement , got a 2.3.0
but i am waiting till after TX releases and then for the other developers to respond
i will go with whatever solution offers the most features but will also weigh it with which ever solution is easiest
i will go with the solution that enables backups and homebrew with the least hassle

everything is hanging on the TX release right now , what will happen? who knows
they may already have working software to go along with their hardware and most likely do,like a backup loader

will this be able to be used if a softmod is released will it be like GW where their tools will benefit the rest of the scene, will the softmod devs be salty and try to prevent a TX backup loader from working with their softmod, will the softmod devs release their own backup loader or will someone else release one shortly after a softmod is released
will we all be using TX software or will they lock it down? , so many questions , this can go so many different ways
we won't know anything until the TX release
The teams behind the currently known softmods will never release a backup loader.
They're against piracy (and they know that like 2 people in the world used actual backups of their own games).

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

Edit: And to reply to the topic, no I'm not going to hack my Switch (I'm mostly here on this forum for the front page news, and I'm curious on the hacking progress.

Last edited by SnAQ,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The teams behind the currently known softmods will never release a backup loader.
They're against piracy (and they know that like 2 people in the world used actual backups of their own games).

it won't matter TX will release a hardmod that enables it and they are more against backup loading when people are profiting from it, they will release just to shit on the TX parade , even if not officially they will do it through back channels, or they will release a gimped version that other devs can easily un gimp

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I want to mod my Switch, several factors prevent me from doing so, the biggest one being no apparent softmod for 4.1.0 firmware. Modchips are all well and good, but modifying a small motherboard like the Switch's is bound to result in high failure. I'm not holding my breath for a softmod on 4.x.x.
To be fair the only thing missing right now from 4.X is a new kernel exploit. Other than that, SciresM mentioned the TrustZone flaw is still present there (but would need kernelhax), and the only publicly known userland exploit is private for research.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: the_randomizer

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair the only thing missing right now from 4.X is a new kernel exploit. Other than that, SciresM mentioned the TZ flaw is still present there (but would need kernelhax), and the only publicly known userland exploit is private for research.
Yeah, but wouldn't Nintendo fix the TZ bug when the 1.0.0, rendering the 4.1 hack unusable on higher firmwares?

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all the system data Nintendo collect, I'll be waiting a few months to see if there will be mass banning.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but wouldn't Nintendo fix the TZ bug when the 1.0.0, rendering the 4.1 hack unusable on higher firmwares?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.
If you're asking if the TrustZone bug can be patched on firms higher than 4.1, then yes. But the idea would be to install and boot emuNAND from a lower firm.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1