ARM11 undefined instruction error when SD card is removed, although luma has been flashed to ctrnand.

firefoxyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so basically i have a issue. I have luma3ds flashed to the ctrnand there is a boot.firm file in there. Although if i remove the SD card, it shows a ARM11 undefined instruction error. I am not a amazing modder so i do not know how to fix this. Although it boots with the SD card perfectly fine. If i do the select + power button combination before it shows the ARM11 error, it gets into the config menu and says "Booted from CTRNAND via B9S". GM9 also does not work, all it does it when i start it, it shows a black screen and blue light, as if it has hung. I have not tried disabling the exception handlers for fear that that can cause a problem. firmware is 10.2.1-c058e3f. Thank you. If i have broken any rules, or you need extra information please tell me. What i mean by "although luma has been flashed to ctrnand." i mean i have already flashed it before this and didn't try to flash it to fix it. Edit: It is a old 3ds xl, and it was PM not loader.

Last edited by firefoxyz,

firefoxyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console works fine, although I would like to be able to boot it without the SDHC. I also just found out that 10.2 / or GM9 has a bug where the B9S chain loader issue can be fixed by duplicating the gm9 payload and renaming it.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Console works fine, although I would like to be able to boot it without the SDHC. I also just found out that 10.2 / or GM9 has a bug where the B9S chain loader issue can be fixed by duplicating the gm9 payload and renaming it.
The PM issue is that the luma3ds isnt fully upto date. And the CTRNand statement means that the sd card isnt working and isnt being read. so the console looks into the ctrnand for luma.firm which it is finding there.

firefoxyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PM issue is that the luma3ds isnt fully upto date. And the CTRNand statement means that the sd card isnt working and isnt being read. so the console looks into the ctrnand for luma.firm which it is finding there.
So do I basically just need to update luma? I would use the luma updater, but it's broken. I don't know how to do manual updating, do I have to refresh the NAND?

firefoxyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-do Section VI :CTRNAND Luma3DS with the latest Luma files. If you can't access GodMode9, you should test the sdcard with h2testw. Backup your data before doing so.
i ejected the SDHC, i dont think that the SD reader could be broken. Although i thought 10.2.1 was the latest version of luma3ds?

MrPlix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope,
i ejected the SDHC, i dont think that the SD reader could be broken. Although i thought 10.2.1 was the latest version of luma3ds?
v11.0 of Luma3DS is the latest version. To update Luma, plug your SD card into your PC and download v11 of Luma from the github. Then, copy boot.firm and boot.3dsx to the root of it. If it says a file with the same name already exists on the SD, replace them. They are from an older version of Luma, and not the latest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's been around since I was in elementary
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror