Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

D

Deleted User

Gonna take a look on all the issues you found.
Anyways, i hope anyone did not brick.
Also for the warnings, they should not be anything unsafe

D

Deleted User

@delebile lots of compiler warnings on your current tree. I'm not sure how safe it actually is. Unlike what the README.md says, "make hax" only builds the .pack. Opened 2 issues.

Can't seem to use BootAnim9 or FakeBrick9 after updating my A9LH

EDIT: Can't launch any payload it seems

EDIT 2: New A9LH can't launch CTRBM9. All old problems are resolved now

These problems are now fixed in the latest commits, take a look.

It fails on "Hacked Firm0" when trying to update. I have a N3DS, with the previous arm9loader installed.

I put the required files into data_input, I checked the hashes, they are good... The pack should be correct, I guess...
Any more infos for this?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@delebile

Doesn't explain what the 'big software update' is.

Compiling didn't work since pack tool's makefile is missing to create the folder common/pack_tool

The current needs the folder like this, or it won't work: arm9loaderhax\common\common\pack_tool

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@delebile

Doesn't explain what the 'big software update' is.

Compiling didn't work since pack tool's makefile is missing to create the folder common/pack_tool

The current needs the folder like this, or it won't work: arm9loaderhax\common\common\pack_tool
GCC or MinGW (Only needed to compile the buildt-in tool, you can download [a pre-compiled windows build here](https://mega.nz/#!j0RkxLjb!4Am-3yDAR9g4VDxY93pWhXVYNDiylSW1cKJntOLfDWU), place it in **common** folder)

D

Deleted User

The "big update" thing was that the previous work was prerry rushed up and confused, and i rewritten some parts in order to make them work in a cleaner and safer way, added the requested features that other forks added, and implemented a new way to install content.
So actually that's all, the main fork can be used again.

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It fails on "Hacked Firm0" when trying to update. I have a N3DS, with the previous arm9loader installed.

I put the required files into data_input, I checked the hashes, they are good... The pack should be correct, I guess...

Any more infos for this?

@delebile
I'm getting the same issue he's getting on my jpn-n3ds.

Current installed a9lh: commit 91c4193 on Mar 8

Compiled the latest: commit dd9c3a5j with the same data_input dependency files (hashes match the readme) + otp.bin. Placed arm9loaderhax.pack onto my SD root. set ctrbootmanager9 to load /3ds/arm9loaderhax/arm9loaderhax.bin binary.

Here's the screen output:
Code:
Full Installation Pack
    [FAIL] Hacked Firm0
    [GOOD] Legit Firm1
    [GOOD] Hacked KeySector
    [GOOD] Secondary Payload
ERROR : 1 content files are corrupted!
ERROR : The instalation pack is corrupted!

Press A to exit...

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.. I have been resisting posting on this topic, mainly for the fear of the usual "read the readme" comments etc...

But in a nutshell would someone kindly mind explaining the benefit of this latest release please

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: Madridi

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok.. I have been resisting posting on this topic, mainly for the fear of the usual "read the readme" comments etc...

But in a nutshell would someone kindly mind explaining the benefit of this latest release please

Thank you in advance :)

2 posts before yours. Nothing fancy you see.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9