[Article] FREE SPEECH CRACKDOWN: Europe tells British press NOT to reveal if terrorists are Muslims

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 4,905
  • Replies 71
  • Likes 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Keep in mind that the truly innocent people that are "caught in the fire" where put there by the "religious" systems as an attempt to force them to break down and submit.
The types of people who think that way are the same people who believe what they see on TV to be true all the time (gotta love Regan-era paranoia.)
(Also, for the record, I despise the "no true Scotsman" card Richard Ramirez was a murderer/rapist who just so happed to also be a Satanist.)
Refer to my previous statement, like I said, I won't defend the worst parts because they aren't something I can consider defending.
I will beat you with a dead horse!

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyway, It took what, 15 muslims to bring down the twin towers and murder 3000+ people, did they respresent the majority of muslims? No, did they bring the world to It's knees, yes. So get your head out of your pc ass.

No, they didn't. They killed 3000 people, that's it. That's much much less than car crashes, heart disease, suicide, stroke, cancer, random gun violence and many other causes. The complete panic and freedom ending overreaction is completely America's fault. If you instead of wasting an enourmous amount of money killing people and creating a surveillance society spent them solving real problems, you would have saved many more lives by now.

I missed this post. Alot of people devote their lives to their beliefs and base their moral core on these texts.

Do they, really? I figure they're just like Christians, they believe whatever their local group exposes as truth so that they're a "good member" of their community and never read the religious texts or even think about what the religion means too much.
It doesn't help that the West has, and still does, fucked up the region for centuries, either. They do have reasons to hate us and a belief it won't ever get better whatever they do, so compassion isn't at the top of their priorities.

sonicfan1373

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly? I don't know. I don't know if your family were more than happy to immerse in Canadian culture, or if you really want Sharia law and all it's fixings to be implemented. I don't really know who to blame, and I'll admit that in my mind I have difficulty seeing the difference between muslim terrorists and people who vocally identify as Muslim - though a lot of that is due to isolation. I'm in southern Alberta, so there's a pretty major degree of separation from what I hear in the international news and see online and what happens locally. Where I am now the majority of immigrants are British (And I hear rumors of a drug problem in the city, not sure if connected) and while I may occasionally come across people who aren't germanic or generic white it's not very common and I don't really see into their lifestyle much.

My personal feelings aside, I do believe that people have a hard time distinguishing between "this group who doesn't look like my family or neighbors" and "scary people who are part of the group who doesn't look like my family or neighbors" - and that following what the line of reasoning is seems to lead to the path of the Third Reich. It may take something like an attempt on the life of the Queen for cultural purification to be genuinely considered - and that may be something terrorists will try.

Actually my immediate family (my parents) and I are not Muslims. My mother is a Christian and my father and I do not believe in any religion. In fact, I personally dislike religion because I feel it is just a divisive tool created for political purposes. Moreover, we came to Canada to escape having to live under sharia law, and I despise any theocratic legal system. With that being said, I do have members within my family who live in the country I was born in who identify as Muslims but they do not practice the religion at all and they are not evil people. I think that if you were to meet my immediate family then you would probably see that your family and my family are not too different. We all work, I go to school, we have fun on Halloween, we celebrate Christmas, New Years, Easter, along with our national holidays (Canada Day, Victoria Day, etc). I personally think that it is wrong to deindividualize people and merely group them based on a generic characteristic like origin. The soil one is born on should not matter, but rather it should be an individual's actions that matter. Just imagine for a moment how it would feel if you were born (not by your own choice just like every human being) into a situation where the terrible actions of others changed the way people viewed you without even knowing you. Even worse imagine others attempting to punish you for the actions of other people. I would like to end by saying that I do not blame you for your views, I imagine that if I lived in a place where we did not have exposure to outside groups I would pretty much form similar opinions (it is within human nature after all). My personal background aside, I live in Toronto which is pretty much an international city with lots of immigrants and people of immigrant origin. My friend group consists of people from all different types of backgrounds and origins (South Asian, Eastern European, Western European, Latino/na, African, Middle Eastern, etc), which I guess reduces distinctions between in-groups and out-groups for me.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being a convert muslim it saddens me it came to this hatred I mean there was one incident (I think Arizona or along that line) A man killed an Arab (not i didn't say muslim cause the article pointed out he was Christian iirc) after repeated death threats and xenophobic slurs the police barely did anything and look what happened I'm too scared to go to the local Islamic center after all of this violence towards Muslims (that often get's swept under the rug like Christian terrorist in texas a man got stabbed right outside of an islamic center my family (some of them) hate me since converting and they hate my soon to be wife as well and some of them i view as xenophobic as soon as my apartment lease expires september I'm moving to canada (ik i said before it would be sooner but i had no choice but to sign a year's lease

S

Saiyan Lusitano

As if it wasn't bad enough already they're going to make it even worse. *smh* RussiaToday is basically the only news network I follow and then non-news channels that post articles about it (Milo, Naked Ape, Blaire White, Amazing Atheist, Rebel Media, Jesse Lee Peterson, etc).

^ RT reported on this and I'm glad. A politician is speaking up.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being a convert muslim it saddens me it came to this hatred I mean there was one incident (I think Arizona or along that line) A man killed an Arab (not i didn't say muslim cause the article pointed out he was Christian iirc) after repeated death threats and xenophobic slurs the police barely did anything and look what happened I'm too scared to go to the local Islamic center after all of this violence towards Muslims (that often get's swept under the rug like Christian terrorist in texas a man got stabbed right outside of an islamic center my family (some of them) hate me since converting and they hate my soon to be wife as well and some of them i view as xenophobic as soon as my apartment lease expires september I'm moving to canada (ik i said before it would be sooner but i had no choice but to sign a year's lease
Yep was probably a Catholic who murdered the guy in Arizona. As for Texas, not a huge surprise, it is part of the "bible belt". Murdering someone over a religion is wrong, but I don't fault people for fearing Islam after what is happening world wide. People just fear the USA becoming the United Arab States of Americastan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As if it wasn't bad enough already they're going to make it even worse. *smh* RussiaToday is basically the only news network I follow and then non-news channels that post articles about it (Milo, Naked Ape, Blaire White, Amazing Atheist, Rebel Media, Jesse Lee Peterson, etc).

^ RT reported on this and I'm glad. A politician is speaking up.

It just amazes me how Obama and his administration could have fucked up so hard that one of our most loyal allies is doing this. Just what the fuck?

Reactions: Doran754

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All this prejudice toward muslims.. as if they did anything to create a stereotype of being violent and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.