[Article] FREE SPEECH CRACKDOWN: Europe tells British press NOT to reveal if terrorists are Muslims

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 4,904
  • Replies 71
  • Likes 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicfan1373

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit like this is why I wonder if Hitler was on to something, and I'm concerned that if some countries get pushed too far they may snap and Nazi-like policies and tendencies will take effect. I'm aware that it was a really shitty time for everyone, but a lot of the more visible components (personal discipline, for example) may start to become more and more attractive if this political correctness in the face of terrorism shit continues. We need to finish off Isis in a hurry and ship the immigrants home.

I'm sorry but I was a Middle Eastern immigrant myself and now I am a Canadian Citizen. I came to Canada legally with my parents, my entire family including myself work, and non of the typical Middle Eastern stereotypes apply to me or pretty much anyone of that origin that I know. Are you honestly asserting that every immigrant or immigrants that happened to be born in my region should be stripped of either their immigrant status or citizenship and sent back to places where many of us have no identification with just because of the actions of some lunatics (whom, btw, I agree must be defeated as urgently as possible). First of all, Canada is my home. Second of all, I (as with everyone else) am responsible for my own actions and thoughts and I should be judged accordingly, I have zero responsibility over what other people do because I do not have any control over them or their actions (believe me if I did, there would be no war, religion, suffering, etc).

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't want me to close the thread? Thwart my evil, power-abusing ways by keeping the thread civil. :P

Yes, they are both popular newspapers but they have both earned a certain notoriety for their far-right rhetoric. What do I want? I want them to show me where in this 83 page document does it explicitly say that the UK press must not reveal if a terrorist is a Muslim. Surely it's the duty of a newspaper to actually back up their claims?

Well you are from the UK, so you don't know.. But news backing up claims is something that doesn't have to happen here in the US.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Religion itself is not inherently evil, it's what people do in the name of it, that is.
Greetings friend! I have to disagree with that. It's kinda hard to not think the religion is evil, when their holy Koran has such wonderful verses such as...

Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us" The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.
Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 990: Cutting off someone's head while shouting 'Allahu Akbar' is not a 'perverison of Islam', but a tradition of Islam that began with Muhammad. In this passage, a companion recounts an episode in which he staged a surprise ambush on a settlement: "I leapt upon him and cut off his head and ran in the direction of the camp shouting 'Allah akbar' and my two companions did likewise".
Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx Such peaceful verses from such a peaceful religion.

Also, can we be friends yet? You keep ignoring me, you're the worst bff ever!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Greetings friend! I have to disagree with that. It's kinda hard to not think the religion is evil, when their holy Koran has such wonderful verses such as...
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx Such peaceful verses from such a peaceful religion.

Also, can we be friends yet? You keep ignoring me, you're the worst bff ever!
I didn't say every aspect was perfect, I said religion itself is not inherently evil.
The idea that religion is the soul blame for problems is basically a gross ignorance of human nature. Even without religion, we would still be killing each other over oil, land, water, ect. We would just have to be upfront about it.

Reactions: RevPokemon

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say every aspect was perfect, I said religion itself is not inherently evil.
The idea that religion is the soul blame for problems is basically a gross ignorance of human nature. Even without religion, we would still be killing each other over oil, land, water, ect. We would just have to be upfront about it.
Greetings friend! When a religion is started by a conqueror, a conqueror who slaughters millions in the name of his peaceful religion, it tends to not be exactly not evil. As for the followers, their god or prophet wrote down those wonderful verses, slaughtered millions, conquered lands. I'm lost, what good is there to following this fucked up religion? They're literally worshiping a conqueror, you can buy a Koran and read verses of him telling you to slaughter unbelievers and other religions. The countries who follow this religion, I can get a map of the middle east, toss a dart, and where ever it lands, there is pretty much a 90% chance that there was a terrorist attack within the last week in the name of this religion.

I'm lost, please explain, because you're my best friend forever!

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering you've publicly stated that you're a Satanist in the past I find it strange that you're currently defending Islam at all instead of completely denouncing it and spouting some rather Christian sounding rhetoric about what is essentially the theory of original sin.

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Religion itself is not inherently evil, it's what people do in the name of it, that is.
Good and evil are subjective. Just a couple years ago I would have argued that personal belief is ok and organized religion was a problem. But the more I read from the quran the more evil I think the religion is. Of course you have all the passages that say to kill innocent people to strike terror into the infidels. And to mutilate, torture and execute non-believers of allah.

But the worst, to me, are the passages that say it's OK to molest children under the age of nine and as young as infants, and full on intercourse is ok so long as the child can withstand it and the father gives permission. After the age of nine the child is to subject herself to intercourse regardless of those two conditions. That to me is fucking evil. And they are the teachings of a "peaceful" religion. I linked a source in case you don't believe me.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Pedophilia_in_the_Qur'an

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I missed this post. Alot of people devote their lives to their beliefs and base their moral core on these texts.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering you've publicly stated that you're a Satanist in the past I find it strange that you're currently defending Islam at all instead of completely denouncing it and spouting some rather Christian sounding rhetoric about what is essentially the theory of original sin.
I know a lot of my people are quick to attack religion, but I find that rather hypocritical to attack religion when I am inherently religious myself.
Good and evil are subjective. Just a couple years ago I would have argued that personal belief is ok and organized religion was a problem. But the more I read from the quran the more evil I think the religion is. Of course you have all the passages that say to kill innocent people to strike terror into the infidels. And to mutilate, torture and execute non-believers of allah.

But the worst, to me, are the passages that say it's OK to molest children under the age of nine and as young as infants, and full on intercourse is ok so long as the child can withstand it and the father gives permission. After the age of nine the child is to subject herself to intercourse regardless of those two conditions. That to me is fucking evil. And they are the teachings of a "peaceful" religion. I linked a source in case you don't believe me.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Pedophilia_in_the_Qur'an
Now that part I can't defend and I won't even attempt to defend.
I only defend the right for people to have religion, this doesn't mean I agree with every aspect or believe they are perfect. Obviously sections like those are just not ok.
Greetings friend! When a religion is started by a conqueror, a conqueror who slaughters millions in the name of his peaceful religion, it tends to not be exactly not evil. As for the followers, their god or prophet wrote down those wonderful verses, slaughtered millions, conquered lands. I'm lost, what good is there to following this fucked up religion? They're literally worshiping a conqueror, you can buy a Koran and read verses of him telling you to slaughter unbelievers and other religions. The countries who follow this religion, I can get a map of the middle east, toss a dart, and where ever it lands, there is pretty much a 90% chance that there was a terrorist attack within the last week in the name of this religion.

I'm lost, please explain, because you're my best friend forever!
Refer to the quote I just made.

Reactions: WeedZ

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry but I was a Middle Eastern immigrant myself and now I am a Canadian Citizen. I came to Canada legally with my parents, my entire family including myself work, and non of the typical Middle Eastern stereotypes apply to me or pretty much anyone of that origin that I know. Are you honestly asserting that every immigrant or immigrants that happened to be born in my region should be stripped of either their immigrant status or citizenship and sent back to places where many of us have no identification with just because of the actions of some lunatics (whom, btw, I agree must be defeated as urgently as possible). First of all, Canada is my home. Second of all, I (as with everyone else) am responsible for my own actions and thoughts and I should be judged accordingly, I have zero responsibility over what other people do because I do not have any control over them or their actions (believe me if I did, there would be no war, religion, suffering, etc).
Honestly? I don't know. I don't know if your family were more than happy to immerse in Canadian culture, or if you really want Sharia law and all it's fixings to be implemented. I don't really know who to blame, and I'll admit that in my mind I have difficulty seeing the difference between muslim terrorists and people who vocally identify as Muslim - though a lot of that is due to isolation. I'm in southern Alberta, so there's a pretty major degree of separation from what I hear in the international news and see online and what happens locally. Where I am now the majority of immigrants are British (And I hear rumors of a drug problem in the city, not sure if connected) and while I may occasionally come across people who aren't germanic or generic white it's not very common and I don't really see into their lifestyle much.

My personal feelings aside, I do believe that people have a hard time distinguishing between "this group who doesn't look like my family or neighbors" and "scary people who are part of the group who doesn't look like my family or neighbors" - and that following what the line of reasoning is seems to lead to the path of the Third Reich. It may take something like an attempt on the life of the Queen for cultural purification to be genuinely considered - and that may be something terrorists will try.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for religion, I find it to simply be another form of philosophy. I see no problem with people using philosophy or religion to find guidance or meaning in their lives, but I hate it when people use it as a means to justify their actions - good or bad. You shouldn't need the threat of eternal damnation in order to behave and be a good person, and you shouldn't use it to justify actions that cannot be justified using logic and/or morality.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I get where you're coming from, but you have to remember that "religious" systems don't amount to religious spirituality (of which Christianity, Islam, and other such "religious" systems have none.)
Of course, like I just said, I will defend people's rights to religion and also defend innocent people caught in the fire. This doesn't mean I believe the entire system is without flaw nor fault.
Basically, I am just trying to prevent innocent people from getting sucked into a mess that they had nothing to do with.
Trust me, I've in a place where I was sucked into a mess. Every single time someone finds out I am a Satanist, the first thing they do is bring up this one murder in the 80's committed by a supposed "Satanist." And suddenly I am tethered to that.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of my people are quick to attack religion, but I find that rather hypocritical to attack religion when I am inherently religious myself.

Now that part I can't defend and I won't even attempt to defend.
I only defend the right for people to have religion, this doesn't mean I agree with every aspect or believe they are perfect. Obviously sections like those are just not ok.

Refer to the quote I just made.
Oh, I agree, people have the right to worship whatever they want. I can worship the rock below my feet if I want to. But I'm never going to call Islam peaceful. Because it's anything but peaceful. If there is one positive thing to Islam, it's the fact that it makes it easier to know which countries to avoid when traveling. I would rather not get blown up in an Islamic shit hole or kidnapped in the name of peace and have my head cut off and live streamed.

Every single time someone finds out I am a Satanist, the first thing they do is bring up this one murder in the 80's committed by a supposed "Satanist." And suddenly I am tethered to that.
Don't worry bestest of besties, I will never have any issues with Satanist <3! If I recall, people tend to think it's about worshiping Satan, but it's really about worshiping your self. Is that true?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

>be me
>just tryna see whats chill over at wii u haxx
>ninja'd by thread reminding me about how most of europe and probably the USA hate me
>good_shit.jpg
How's that Canadian dollar going? Did your genius PM sell all of the gold yet?

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me like ten seconds to find out what PM meant
Do you really think I could care about politics the way things are going
Besides this threads seems to be all about people on the internet fighting
I mean you seemed pretty aggressive right then so what's even the point

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't worry bestest of besties, I will never have any issues with Satanist <3! If I recall, people tend to think it's about worshiping Satan, but it's really about worshiping your self. Is that true?
[
Satanism has many forms, but for the most part is a self-worshiping ideology. Even for me, I am a Theistic Satanist, which means I believe in a literal Satan, but I don't see him a deity to worship, but as a teacher in my journey down the Left Hand Path.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course, like I just said, I will defend people's rights to religion and also defend innocent people caught in the fire. This doesn't mean I believe the entire system is without flaw nor fault.
Basically, I am just trying to prevent innocent people from getting sucked into a mess that they had nothing to do with.
Keep in mind that the truly innocent people that are "caught in the fire" where put there by the "religious" systems as an attempt to force them to break down and submit.
Trust me, I've in a place where I was sucked into a mess. Every single time someone finds out I am a Satanist, the first thing they do is bring up this one murder in the 80's committed by a supposed "Satanist." And suddenly I am tethered to that.
The types of people who think that way are the same people who believe what they see on TV to be true all the time (gotta love Regan-era paranoia.)
(Also, for the record, I despise the "no true Scotsman" card Richard Ramirez was a murderer/rapist who just so happed to also be a Satanist.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: