Hacking Gaming Astroneer sinking vehicles bug: how to easily retrieve?

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Astroneer has a super-annoying bug where your tractor/tralier or buggy vehicle suddenly disappears into the ground when you're not looking. I totally loved this game until my large tractor and trailer loaded with loot sank deep in Sylva while I was away on Glacio harvesting hematite. I tried digging and digging but the compass always says it is deeper than my current location. Digging it up could take hours, maybe days.

Before this happened, I noticed sometimes EXO caches (brown boxes you have to blast open) sometimes are not always exactly in the same spot when I go back for them in caves. Often, they are.

There seems to be no good solutions to this sinking vehicle problem on reddit (no big surprise) and this bug exists in other versions of the game as well. Didn't find anything helpful on Steam forums and System Era forums were just as unhelpful.

Is there some kind of cheat or save editor for this game that allows you to edit the location of a vehicle or other object? It would be so great to be able to just move the tractor back to the surface. I can't believe this show stopping, annoying bug has persisted for years. There is some jibber-jabber that it might have something to do with parking too close to your base or where you've been doing a lot of digging....
Post automatically merged:

Well, this bug has been sporadically reported since 2016 so they're probably not gonna fix it. I decided to just dig for it and found it 2 layers(?) (dots appear on the compass lines pointing to objects on the surface) below the surface after about 1-2 hours. Funny how no dots appeared showing me how far down below the tractor was.... Took another hour to tunnel back up to the surface.

I decided to try building a second launching pad and parking the vehicle on it. It also occurs to me that saving by entering the vehicle (rather than your shelter) will at least prevent you from losing it since you will (presumably) fall through along with it the next time it sinks. Of course, there's no way to save by entering the vehicle when you go to other planets unless you always pack it up which is just too cumbersome.... Looks like I need to find a new crafting space spelunking game.

Last edited by romanaOne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Better call Pedro you're up in smoke