Homebrew Atari 5200 Emulator (DSi Entry)

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Is it just me or has compatibility gone down since the first release?

I've noticed that more ROM's fail to run (still the 2 16k rom or 1 16k rom failure with some games) than actually do run.

alekmaul

OP
Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
yes, i will add crc checking for chip selection, so you will not have to select chip anymore ;-)
Buleste, no, nothing more about compatibility, so if a rom is not working, just tell me, i will fix that !

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Much better compatibility now the one/two chip selection is automatic. However controls on some games are super sensitive (Centipede, Missile Command, Pit Stop to name a few of those that I've had this issue with) making some games unplayable.

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The control problems are most likely because the original 5200 controller was analog...which the D-Pad isn't. Pole Position will also have a problem :)

Also, if anyone has a problem with Space Dungeon and Robotron 2084 not being able to fire, I remembered that it's because those games came with a controller holder to stick 2 joysticks into, and then you use the left one to move and the right one to fire. Robotron 2084 would also let you use just one controller and press a bottom button to fire, but I'm guessing that the game isn't 'detecting' that there's only one emulated controller, so it's using dual stick mode. :)

...ohgodI'mold :(

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
JLsoft said:
The control problems are most likely because the original 5200 controller was analog...which the D-Pad isn't. Pole Position will also have a problem
smile.gif

Also, if anyone has a problem with Space Dungeon and Robotron 2084 not being able to fire, I remembered that it's because those games came with a controller holder to stick 2 joysticks into, and then you use the left one to move and the right one to fire. Robotron 2084 would also let you use just one controller and press a bottom button to fire, but I'm guessing that the game isn't 'detecting' that there's only one emulated controller, so it's using dual stick mode.
smile.gif

...ohgodI'mold
frown.gif
Ooops I meant Pole Position not Pit Stop in my post.

alekmaul

OP
Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
Yes, i saw the problem with PolePosition.
But i have the same problem with Atari800 sourceforge version.
Need to check how to fix that (if someone has an idea, you're welcome !)

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I know this thread is old as everything, but could anyone help me get this working on a DStwo? I am having the same problem that another world was having (DS shuts down after intro if I hit 'a' or the dpad).

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm. I know this thread is old as everything, but could anyone help me get this working on a DStwo? I am having the same problem that another world was having (DS shuts down after intro if I hit 'a' or the dpad).
Do you have the 5200.bin rom bios? It's possible that this app doesn't work with the DSTWO anyways because it's a DSi entry (and the DSTWO doesn't support DSi mode).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You gotta work and earn it