Suggestion Automatic user specific custom text insert (via BB code)

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It would be interesting for users to have automatic customizable text inserts, that way it will be much easier to reply users asking for the same assistance issues without writing the same post over and over. For example:

User X creates a new thread:
User X said:
My 3ds doesn't turn on, the blue led fades in and then out

Then someone can just reply:

PabloMK7 said:
Code:
[insert]checklumafirm[/insert]

This would translate to:

PabloMK7 said:
Please check your SD card root to see if there is a file named boot.firm. If you are still having issues, check this guide for SD errors..... etc, etc, etc

From your profile page you would be able to define custom inserts so you can use them anywhere in the forum. (Probably also add global ones, so any user can use them.)

Last edited by PabloMK7,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Repetition is generally discouraged by search engines and probably the site at large as well, to say nothing of general user displeasure at seeing a form fired back at term (though one wonders if the annoyance at such things will be eclipsed by it becoming as invisible as a sticky). Not to mention anybody likely to engage in such practices could well be expected to have at least a text file somewhere so as to copy and paste (this may be different in this day of phones and multiple computers, though that more likely just changes the location of the "text file").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: