Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually redirecting it doesn't make it any less dangerous. You could die easily if not done right.
To be honest, I'm surprised Mako can generate lightning AND redirect it. Being the second bender capable of doing both. (The first being Iroh.)
If its not done right you haven't redirected the lightning.

Some of the high-end bending techniques seem to be becoming commonplace. Generating lightning took serious skill in the first Avatar series yet in LoK there's entire powerplants filled with people doing it. I've already mentioned my issue with the metalbenders (I really don't think there should be enough to make an entire policeforce of them). Its just the march of progress. Things are moving on and as more people learn the techniques they imrpove on them slightly making it easier for the next generation.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually redirecting it doesn't make it any less dangerous. You could die easily if not done right.
To be honest, I'm surprised Mako can generate lightning AND redirect it. Being the second bender capable of doing both. (The first being Iroh.)
If its not done right you haven't redirected the lightning.

Some of the high-end bending techniques seem to be becoming commonplace. Generating lightning took serious skill in the first Avatar series yet in LoK there's entire powerplants filled with people doing it. I've already mentioned my issue with the metalbenders (I really don't think there should be enough to make an entire policeforce of them). Its just the march of progress. Things are moving on and as more people learn the techniques they imrpove on them slightly making it easier for the next generation.
And you die. XD

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Kya is going to be shown in Season 2. It was weird that they didn't put her in Season 1 after announcing her in the first place, before season 2 was announced.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Kya is going to be shown in Season 2. It was weird that they didn't put her in Season 1 after announcing her in the first place, before season 2 was announced.

They might have thought up the character before hand for universe building (creating an entire, fleshed out future for the world and then making a story around it) without actually intending to put her in the show. Hiring an actress and then animating the character adds up in the bank.

Still, now that they have (at least) one new season ahead of them, I'd love to see the creators bring her and Bumi into the show as recurring characters. There's a whole lot of material for them to explore now, and it's exciting to imagine where they'll take it.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how long it will take for Season 2 to be produced and aired. I'm sure the creators have a vague storyline in mind and I'm sure it's only a fleshed out rough draft in the case a possible Season 2. (Which ended up coming to fruition.) For Season 1 it seems they did a lot of research not only to create the modernized Avatar world but for the plot as well. As some people have mentioned before in this thread, many elements were influenced by real life historical wars/events. Such research couldn't be completed in a short amount of time. That would take months at the least. I'm hoping for Season 2 to begin airing maybe around this same time next year or fall of next year.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder how long it will take for Season 2 to be produced and aired. I'm sure the creators have a vague storyline in mind and I'm sure it's only a fleshed out rough draft in the case a possible Season 2. (Which ended up coming to fruition.) For Season 1 it seems they did a lot of research not only to create the modernized Avatar world but for the plot as well. As some people have mentioned before in this thread, many elements were influenced by real life historical wars/events. Such research couldn't be completed in a short amount of time. That would take months at the least. I'm hoping for Season 2 to begin airing maybe around this same time next year or fall of next year.
Apparently the writing process has already been done, It's beign storyboarded and animated as we speak.
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/06/19/the-legend-of-korra-creators-preview-the-finale/

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently the writing process has already been done, It's beign storyboarded and animated as we speak.
http://blogs.wsj.com...iew-the-finale/

Hmmm....

A possible Book Three? Fuck yes.

Reactions: 1 person

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you guys notice how everything bad that happened in the Avatar world was actually because of the Avatar? Avatar Kyoshi she formed the Dai Li which made the Earth King not know about the war, and not fighting the Fire nation. Avatar Roku didn't kill Fire Lord Sozin when he had the chance, thus allowing the 100 year war to happen. Avatar Aang didn't kill Yakone, and instead allowed him to live after he took his bending. This allowed Yakone to have Amon, and Tarrlok and made all the events in Legend of Korra happen.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you guys notice how everything bad that happened in the Avatar world was actually because of the Avatar? Avatar Kyoshi she formed the Dai Li which made the Earth King not know about the war, and not fighting the Fire nation. Avatar Roku didn't kill Fire Lord Sozin when he had the chance, thus allowing the 100 year war to happen. Avatar Aang didn't kill Yakone, and instead allowed him to live after he took his bending. This allowed Yakone to have Amon, and Tarrlok and made all the events in Legend of Korra happen.
You know what makes statement interesting. It gives real food for thought if you think about it in reverse, what would the show have been like if this all happened happened differently?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made this picture a little after the finale and never got around to posting it here. So, enjoy.

vl1Tl.jpg

(Spoilers abound, so enter at your own peril)

Reactions: 8 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what makes statement interesting. It gives real food for thought if you think about it in reverse, what would the show have been like if this all happened happened differently?
Sounds like material for a mini ("what if?") series for avatar. :P

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
A bit late with my end-of-season thoughts.

Anywho...

First off this season ended pretty solid, as in, leaving no food for thought/tying up all loose ends..

They didn't hint any continuation to the story so i don't really care for a second season..

My overall thoughts on the legend of korra was/is 'Ok'. It's not better than the legend of aang in any way...To me is was an ok series there aren't anything overly epic about it. Can't really say i'm either disappointed nor satisfied...

Well, i guess if they're doing a second second i might as well hope for some epic.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country