Gumble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you back up your games?
From what I've read the people who get banned the least make their own copies. Using what? That's what I would like to know. Is there a method of using the drive in the 360 already to dump the files? (ftp or something) Or is it strickly that I have to buy a kreon flashed drive.

Thanks!

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just download them because they are stealth patched and such so if you have ix15 you have less chance
of getting banned otherwise buy the kreon samsung drive take about 10 to 15 mins but more risky..... I mod these
things all the time even the new liteon the so called un flashable drive which now is hahahaha... have fun cheers!!!!

Gumble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just really got wondering about making my own dumps. In another thread people were discussing not playing region free games for fear of a ban. Yet Street Fighter has only been released in that format.. oh well, thats fine.
Thanks for the tip though!!
grog.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
People cannot get banned for playing regionfree games. You can only get banned for flashing your drive (and other bad stuff, of course). You CAN use the kreon drive, but there is also another method that involves modding an external dvd drive so that you can hotswap without opening the tray.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gisel213 said:
I would just download them because they are stealth patched and such so if you have ix15 you have less chance
of getting banned otherwise buy the kreon samsung drive take about 10 to 15 mins but more risky..... I mod these
things all the time even the new liteon the so called un flashable drive which now is hahahaha... have fun cheers!!!!

Is this true? I'm planning on buying a kreon drive to backup all my games, but if its safer to just download them..?
Isn't there a way you can stealth the games you backup yourself?

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RhiGhost said:
Is this true?

No. Properly stealthed rips are made with Kreon drives or Samsung 360 drives, as they are capable of reading all the secure areas of the disc. Using the hot-swap method with a normal DVD drive will give you bad images you have to repair, however.

You might want to run your resulting files through a checker just in case, it'll make sure there are no CRC errors in your game partition and whatnot
smile.gif

Gumble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya its running well, you just have to update the .ini file and then you're set for now.
look for it in familiar places.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022