Hacking Backport PS4 games from 6.72 to 5.05 [OFFICIAL]

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know someone who is dumping TE.

I’m looking forward to more PSVR content :)
Dunno if it was your person (if so, thank them!), but Tetris Effect has been dumped now. B-)
The base game + 1.08 update are out there as one download, and the 1.08 update backported is available separately.

Reactions: KiiWii

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have VR is TE any good without it?

EDIT: Forgot to actually write the on topic part.. is there any reason people are backporting to 5.05 specifically rather than further like 1.76 or 2.5 etc. It seems to me it's an arbitrary block to anyone still using a previous firmware. I know most games are unlikely to run on such low firmwares, but they might on say 4.55.

Last edited by subcon959,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if it was your person (if so, thank them!), but Tetris Effect has been dumped now. B-)
The base game + 1.08 update are out there as one download, and the 1.08 update backported is available separately.
Haha yeah, it wasn’t from the person I know, but I rubbed it in their face when it went up online :rofl2:

Edit: @subcon959 yeah 5.05 is golden, anything below that is deemed pointless, there really is no benefit to being on 4.05 or 4.55 for example, there are only very few benefits to even being on 1.76 or 1.6X firmware even with being on testkit.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@subcon959 yeah 5.05 is golden, anything below that is deemed pointless, there really is no benefit to being on 4.05 or 4.55 for example, there are only very few benefits to even being on 1.76 or 1.6X firmware even with being on testkit.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was just interested since it's basically just a number rather than any important data so why not just stick 1.00 in there ya know?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was just interested since it's basically just a number rather than any important data so why not just stick 1.00 in there ya know?
I thought there were modules that cannot be backported too far as they weren’t present in ancient firmwares. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

probably not the case, but regardless 5.05 ftw :P

Reactions: subcon959

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using retro gamer backporter it can do game update pkgs. For it to work you have to put the base game in as well as the update pkg or just the update pkg.

Johno75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I’ve grabbed the base pkg + update 1.08 + fix 5.05 for update. Do I just install these direct on my jailbroken ps4 like normal pkgs or do I have to run them through the back port program first?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's already backported, just install game, update (separate but I think the base game must be installed first), then the backport patch. I don't like to say "fix," because it's misleading like saying something is broken without it.

D

Deleted User

yeah but it don't always work. I too am interested in this retrogamer app. Maybe it can do sonic racing and others i have troubles with.

Johno75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if it's already backported, just install game, update (separate but I think the base game must be installed first), then the backport patch. I don't like to say "fix," because it's misleading like saying something is broken without it.

Thanks mate worked a treat. Now to find where I can grab the back port patch for Spider-Man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1