• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Backtracking, Student Loans, Mar-a-Lago, and the Republican party

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
By a complacent ultra partisan Senate? Are you seriously trying that hard to gaslight?
What? The first impeachment was in 2019 which is after the 2018 midterms when the Democrats took control of both the house and senate. The senate does require a 60% vote and the Democrats didn't have the votes. But it was far from being ultra partisan in favor of the Republicans.

The voting was right along party lines.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due process is a locution used with multiple meanings.

And I suspect you don't understand any of them. The phrase "due process" derives from both the 5th and 14th amendments. There is procedural due process, substantive due process, due process protection from vague or erroneous laws, and incorporation of the Bill of Rights against the States through due process (via the 14th amendment). In no context does "due process" have anything to do with classification of sensitive state-possessed information, or the Executive Branch's authority over the same.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The phrase "due process" derives from both the 5th and 14th amendments.

The phrase 'due process" derives from English grammar and the concept exists beyond American English, your ignorance of nuances beyond your silly dialect does not concern me. The words "due" and "process" have also their own meaning. Unless you're claiming US English is the only language on earth, I'd tone down the pedantic copy paste from Wikipedia.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What? The first impeachment was in 2019 which is after the 2018 midterms when the Democrats took control of both the house and senate. The senate does require a 60% vote and the Democrats didn't have the votes. But it was far from being ultra partisan in favor of the Republicans.

The voting was right along party lines.

No it wasn't, because RepubliKKKans claimed they'd vote against impeachment BEFORE the process even began. Therefore, the whole thing was a farcical ultra Partisan exercise in demonstrating the (D)idhonest (D)ebauchery of the (R)epublikkkans.

Reactions: Lumstar

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
No it wasn't, because RepubliKKKans claimed they'd vote against impeachment BEFORE the process even began. Therefore, the whole thing was a farcical ultra Partisan exercise in demonstrating the (D)idhonest (D)ebauchery of the (R)epublikkkans.
(D)idhonest (D)ebauchery of the (R)epublikkkans, DDR? Did I miss when Butterfly broke out on the Senate's sound system and everyone started dancing?

And for the record, one republican senator supported one of the two counts. While two Democratic congressmen voted against impeachment on one count, and three Democrats on the other count.

And what was that impeachment over? Oh yeah, talking to Ukraine trying to get the real story about Hunter Biden. We keep looping back to that for some reason.

I still like your revisionist history trying to claim the KKK are Republicans. Rather than the party where the current President, while a Senator voted against school integration and busing in black children to get better educations. And saying "I don't want my children going to school in a racial jungle".

• Haha

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The phrase 'due process" derives from English grammar and the concept exists beyond American English, your ignorance of nuances beyond your silly dialect does not concern me. The words "due" and "process" have also their own meaning. Unless you're claiming US English is the only language on earth, I'd tone down the pedantic copy paste from Wikipedia.

If you're using the term in the context of American law & politics, which you were, then it has a specific application. "Shit" and "head" each have their own respective meanings as well, but when you put them together, voila!!

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
I'm still (not) surprised that Republicans haven't realized that their may of been a connection with Ukraine getting extorted by Trump (which would help Russia out had Ukraine refused the former presidents request) and Ukraine getting invaded by Russia.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
I'm still (not) surprised that Republicans haven't realized that their may of been a connection with Ukraine getting extorted by Trump (which would help Russia out had Ukraine refused the former presidents request) and Ukraine getting invaded by Russia.
The thing about Ukraine is that it wasn't only the Bidens. Several other high office Democrats have also benefited from similar things going on there. War is bad, but Ukraine still has an insanely corrupt government that it looks like Washington has been laundering money through it.

• Haha

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With due process. Not at breakfast during coffee. Or in Trump's case, with his morning dose of coke.
There is nobody above the president when it comes to declassification. The Supreme Court has already decided this decades ago. This goes for any president, even Sponge-Brains Shits-Pants.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is nobody above the president when it comes to declassification. The Supreme Court has already decided this decades ago. This goes for any president, even Sponge-Brains Shits-Pants.

The president isn't above the laws he is supposed to serve, the SC said so decades ago.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if I agree to a debt I don't expect someone else to pay it, so those who agreed to student loan debts should pay their own debts than rely on somebody else (taxpayers) to do so.

It's not free, it's taxpayers who end up paying the price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste