• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Backtracking, Student Loans, Mar-a-Lago, and the Republican party

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Is Hunter Biden president? Does he hold any public office at all? There's your difference. Trump is currently under investigation for potentially selling information on other nations' nuclear capabilities to the highest bidder. That's a lot more damning than some yuppie's supposed crack addiction. Especially given that everybody in the highest income brackets has done cocaine at some point.
hunter didn't even hold any office position to my knowledge. Unlike Trump's kids.
So he shouldn't be investigated for illegal doings linked to his father? I guess it is (D)ifferent for you.

I really don't understand how you don't find the possibility of a compromised President not an issue. Anyone getting security clearance is checked along with their immediate family to make sure they can't get black mailed. But I guess that doesn't matter for you.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
So he shouldn't be investigated for illegal doings linked to his father? I guess it is (D)ifferent for you.
It's not a zero sum game, stop trying to treat it as such.

We have more evidence that Trump did something wrong, by fucking several miles. Biden is more so inklings. Investgate them both.
Trump get's however, stronger need to be investigation more immediately among his kids, since he was not only the past president, but because his kids held positions of power. Biden's son hasn't.
It's called prioritizing based on:
Position of power
And evidence
Quit trying to stick me into a convenient box.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
WTF does due process have to do with classification of government documents? Are you referring to procedural or substantive due process?

The President's authority per Article II wrt: classification is pretty much absolute.
Except it's not.
Look up The Atomic Energy Act of 1956.
Tl;dr. It HAS to go through a process period
And b. There's a process for TSCI classification, it's what is in the document is important. it's how the information was obtained.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP

We have more evidence that Trump did something wrong, by fucking several miles. Biden is more so inklings. Investgate them both. Quit trying to stick me into a convenient box.
Trump has had investigations going on for over five years and two impeachment attempts. After 3.5 years of Russia, Russia, Russia where everything was dug through you don't think he would have been charged if they had anything?

On the other hand I haven't see any investigations into the Bidens. And you seem to be in agreement there should be an investigation. This is what why it seems unfair and Hunter's troubling dealings keep coming up.

• Haha

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it's not.
Look up The Atomic Energy Act of 1946.
Tl;dr. It HAS to go through a process period
And b. There's a process for TSCI classification, it's what is in the document is important. it's how the information was obtained.

No legislative process or regulation can trump (no pun intended) the Constitution on the issue of separation of powers. Did you even read that politifact link?

• Haha

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Trump has had investigations going on for over five years and two impeachment attempts. After 3.5 years of Russia, Russia, Russia where everything was dug through you don't think he would have been charged if they had anything?
Maybe because he keeps breaking so many damn laws that we have to keep investigating?
The call in Ukraine was absurd.
The original impeachment was shutdown because of Republican's saying "I think he learned his lesson" in the senate. SO he didn't "win" he was impeached but was not prosecuted.

in also, other words admitting criminality. Him shutting up whistleblowers was absurd, especially since one of them in 2019 alarmed us to the fact that he was holding documents that shouldn't be outside of the white house, aka TSCI. that classification requires specific people, in a specific room, and the entire place to be fucking locked down from top to bottom before even the mere act of opening.
And then we had January 6th.
Let's not forget the stuff outside of his presidency and more on his buisness side of things, such as tax fraud, and overestimating his land. Saying that they are worth 30,000, when it's closer to 11,000.

You live in a information silo if you think it's the exact same reason from 4 years ago.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Maybe because he keeps breaking so many damn laws that we have to keep investigating?
The call in Ukraine was absurd.
The original impeachment was shutdown because of Republican's saying "I think he learned his lesson" in the senate. SO he didn't "win" he was impeached but was not prosecuted.

in also, other words admitting criminality. Him shutting up whistleblowers was absurd, especially since one of them in 2019 alarmed us to the fact that he was holding documents that shouldn't be outside of the white house, aka TSCI. that classification requires specific people, in a specific room, and the entire place to be fucking locked down from top to bottom before even the mere act of opening.
And then we had January 6th.
Let's not forget the stuff outside of his presidency and more on his buisness side of things, such as tax fraud, and overestimating his land. Saying that they are worth 30,000, when it's closer to 11,000.

You live in a information silo if you think it's the exact same reason from 4 years ago.
Yes, yes, Trump has been and will continue to be investigated.

Now will you address the concern with the BIdens you keep avoiding. I know it's (D)ifferent in your brain. But just try to think on your own and see just how troubling the situation is if it's true. And we can't know if it's true or false without an investigation. But one of the things was Hunter being given a seat on the board of a Ukrainian power company, the very one that Trump call was about and investigating. Hunter had a board seat, he was given tons of money. Now the question is what events lead to him being given the seat while appearing to be completely unqualified for. The placement was after one of the phone calls Joe Biden bragged multiple times, where he brags about getting a Ukrainian prosecutor canned from a corruption investigation.

Last edited by Deleted member 114266,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No legislative process or regulation can trump (no pun intended) the Constitution on the issue of separation of powers. Did you even read that politifact link?
Documents are to be treated as confidential until such time that they are marked declassified. Trump, while he was president, could have declassified them at any time, but he would still need to mark the documents as declassified before it becomes reality.
On top of that a whole bunch of documents he is alleged to have had at his place are potentially criminal for him to possess since the status of their classification, or lack thereof, does not matter to the laws surrounding it in the slightest.

Here's a video overview written by an actual lawyer, with a guest appearance from Kel McKlanahan who is one of the preeminent national security lawyers, going over the actual laws and how they relate to the case and the raid on Mar-A-Lago.

Maybe next time don't take legal advice or guidance from a political writer and instead get your information from someone who is actually familiar with the law.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
except
"
Can nuclear information be declassified?

Information may only be declassified by (1) the official who authorized the original classification, (2) a supervisory official (or successor) of the originating classification authority, or (3) agency subject matter experts who have been delegated declassification authority in writing by the NRC."
https://www.nrc.gov/security/info-security/declassification-program.html (it's somewhere on the website, as it's burried and I'm not going to go pull it up again)

Trump is lacking the supervisor official, and the agency approval. Your powers as president is not absolute.

And also additionally, let's not forget that even if he did declassify them. It still doesn't change the fact he is not supposed to have those documents on him. It's supposed to be with National Archive Associate.
Now will to address the concern with the BIdens you keep avoiding.

We have more evidence that Trump did something wrong, by fucking several miles. Biden is more so inklings. Investigate them both.
I'm getting really tired arguing. You're all the same, you don't read what I say, and click that reply button in hopes you own me or some bullshit. Hearing the same NPC talking points is boring.

Edit:
Me: Investigate them both.
Every right winger here:
Muh muh Hunter! Democrats! Corr-corruption!!!
Me: I want him investigated, Trump and his kids however are a priority, they sat in office, Hunter hasn't
Right winger: YoU DoN'T WaNT Humbbter InVeStiGaTed
me: for the fucking 8th million time, I want him investigated, but there's a fucking priority list dammit.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes, Trump has been and will continue to be investigated.

Now will to address the concern with the BIdens you keep avoiding. I know it's (D)ifferent in your brain. But just try to think on your own and see just how troubling the situation is if it's true. And we can't know if it's true or false without an investigation. But one of the things was Hunter being given a seat on the board of a Ukrainian power company, the very one that Trump call was about and investigating. Hunter had a board seat, he was given tons of money. Now the question is what events lead to him being given the seat while appearing to be completely unqualified for. The placement was after one of the phone calls Joe Biden bragged multiple times, where he brags about getting a Ukrainian prosecutor canned from a corruption investigation.

Even though I lean Democrat, I'll admit I find the apparent lack of corruption among Democrats suspicious. I can't say I've seen significant media coverage of a Democratic scandal since Bill Clinton was in office.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Even though I lean Democrat, I'll admit I find the apparent lack of corruption among Democrats suspicious.
They are corrupt, it's just not as brazen. Republicans flaunt their connection with oil companies like no other, democrats are more subtle about it (unless your Joe Manchin Let's start there.)

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Both are pro corporate, pro establishment. The only difference is to the level of corrupt.

It's not that Democrats are slightly Corrupt, and Republicans are corrupt. It's:
Democrats creating a housefire and trying to burn the house down. (Corrupt)
While Republicans midhouse fire decide to pour gasoline to fix the problem, and then blame democrats for their house fire. (extremely corrupt)

However if you had to select which one to stop self harm first, and only a single choice in hopes other houses don't catch fire. you would get the fire department on the one trying to pour gasoline.

Edit:
And right now instead of the Republican party pouring gasoline (once Trump got involved) They thought that it was a bad idea.
and instead decide to get the jet fuel instead

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except
"
Can nuclear information be declassified?

Information may only be declassified by (1) the official who authorized the original classification, (2) a supervisory official (or successor) of the originating classification authority, or (3) agency subject matter experts who have been delegated declassification authority in writing by the NRC."
https://www.nrc.gov/security/info-security/declassification-program.html (it's somewhere on the website, as it's burried and I'm not going to go pull it up again)

Trump is lacking the supervisor official, and the agency approval. Your powers as president is not absolute.

When it comes to classification of information, yes it is. The President could, within his powers, declassify all State secrets at any time. That is within the President's authority. He could also be impeached for doing so, not because he didn't have the authority but because of the damage/harm from doing so. I'd say it's a little untimely now to be accusing Trump of declassifying something he shouldn't have, almost 2yrs after, and besides the Democrats don't want to admit he declassified anything anyway.

As for @RAHelllord 's suggestion to get advice from "someone who is actually familiar with the law," how about a former US Supreme Court clerk? You won't like it, but prove him wrong. (don't just read the one tweet. It's a multi-point thread.)

Also "an actual lawyer" haha.

And y'all still haven't tried to explain how due process has anything to do with this.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When it comes to classification of information, yes it is. The President could, within his powers, declassify all State secrets at any time. That is within the President's authority. He could also be impeached for doing so, not because he didn't have the authority but because of the damage/harm from doing so. I'd say it's a little untimely now to be accusing Trump of declassifying something he shouldn't have, almost 2yrs after, and besides the Democrats don't want to admit he declassified anything anyway.

As for @RAHelllord 's suggestion to get advice from "someone who is actually familiar with the law," how about a former US Supreme Court clerk? You won't like it, but prove him wrong. (don't just read the one tweet. It's a multi-point thread.)

Also "an actual lawyer" haha.

And y'all still haven't tried to explain how due process has anything to do with this.

McClanahan has better and higher education (LLM) regarding the law than that Davis fellow with his JD. In fact Devin Stone, the dude hosting LegalEagle also has a JD in law, so supposedly is as trustworthy as your guy.

But hey, I'm confident someone who complains on twitter about the woke mob, cancel culture, and uses truth social has absolutely no vested interests in protecting his dude, and is definitely not going to be biased.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But hey, I'm confident someone who complains on twitter about the woke mob, cancel culture, and uses truth social has absolutely no vested interests in protecting his dude, and is definitely not going to be biased.

Interesting take. Someone who is already fortified in their way of life takes interest in something and wants to represent it. Is there a superficial incentive you are proposing. What would you say about a lawyer who is looking for work on Youtube, where supporting Trump will cost Youtube dollars?

Last edited by tabzer,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
McClanahan has better and higher education (LLM) regarding the law than that Davis fellow with his JD. In fact Devin Stone, the dude hosting LegalEagle also has a JD in law, so supposedly is as trustworthy as your guy.

You think a person's law degree determines their trustworthiness on legal matters??!!? Boy o boy do I know some absolute imbeciles I'd like to introduce to you and see if you still hold that opinion.

Davis' work at a SCOTUS clerk puts him head and shoulders above any street pundit. You think it's the SCOTUS justices who write those opinions? Nope.

....biased.

Bias is a lawyer's job. Being really good at it is a good lawyer's job.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

By a complacent ultra partisan Senate? Are you seriously trying that hard to gaslight?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...