Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if there is a Gamma loader that uses GeckoOS 1.9.1 instead of 1.0.7b when "1" is held down for configuration?

yo-boy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yo wiigator! i hav a problem, i use backup launcher 0.3 GAMMA and wen i reboot with hooks, and i load da game from da disc channel, as soon as i press start on da channel there is a message dat says there was an error please press da power button and eject da game disc. Can u help me fix da problem? I wanna play old games like Red Steel

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da Wiigator will knot answer ya postz d00d. He iz two buzy 2 answer ur request a l0ng wit others. sorrie da man. Hopefulley othas will help u. May bee u culd tri 2 buy da actual disk?

Unmaker9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StrikeFear13 said:
You might want to update to the newest cIOS revision (13b). You can get it off waninkoko's site. Newest versions fixed the 002 error. My question for you is how do you still have backup launcher gamma WORKING? A lot of us now have it where when we start it up, the main screen with the gecko in the bottom left just freezes for like an hour and a half before loading. Nothing fixes it.

Having this very same problem, can't seem to get it fixed, and I'm not sure when or why it started happening.

StrikeFear13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't for the life of me figure this damn thing out
frown.gif
Backup Loader Gamma still isn't loading (unless I let it sit for over an hour on the starting screen). I've tried everything. Downgrading to several different firmwares (back to 3.2u). Updating and downgrading CIOS', taking everything off the sd card save for backup loader, trying new sd cards. Absolutely nothing works, and it seems everyone has fallen into the same issue at the same time. Everyone who HAS at least.

Unmaker9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the waiting game, and as soon as I was able to do something with the backup launcher I got the 002 error. Annoying...

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that games that have to be patched to use IOS249 using ISOPatcher are not able to use Ocarina from within Gamma when the "1" button is held down. The screen says that it is applying codes, but the codes are not active during gameplay. These are codes that work just fine on my original disc of the same game. I have tried all the different options in configuration without luck. Any ideas?

DrFett

Trophies
XP
Country
Snave2008 said:

I have tried this method as i dont have a wifi connection for my Wii, however when i try to install the cios it still trys to connect to the internet for the files, gives error -116 and restarts the homebrew channel.

I have placed all the files in a folder v1042, in folder 00000024, in a folder 00000001 at the root of the sd card.

does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

P.s Hi all, yes I'm kind of a noob, 3 days ago id never heard of homebrew, twilight hack etc but now i'm getting right into it all, and GBAtemp site has been a massive help so far! so thanks all!

DrFett

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Why not buy Wi-Fi adapter for Wii.. Its worth because if you want to play online. Its fun. It isn't expensive.

yea, that is an option. and i may have to go that route, but is there a way round my problem so i can install without it? I'm stubborn and now i want to beat the challenge... if i can get some help, lol.

davidcrivoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys

I know this might sound really wierd but anyway here goes: i am living in indonesia but am from australia with an original PAL Wii and have paid someone here to put the backup launcher 0.3 gamma IOS249 and works fine except that a few games that i bought here work and some do not. there is a cant read dvd error please eject and turn wii off, that comes up after i load the games from the launcher and i have tried all the different settings with the same result. For example i have a call of duty world at war game which starts to load and then before the main menu comes up with that error. it is a copied game bought at a shop but from that same shop other games work as well. could it be the game itself or something that i should at to my wii system? also i downloaded this game: [isoHunt] [Wii]Resident_Evil_Archives[PAL][ESPALWii[1].com].rar and burned it and it just loads half way and error so if someone can please help me would be highly appreciated.
PS: I dont have zelda the original disk so if i wanted to install homebrew could i do it with a fake one thanks...

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Help!
I cant play a Burned game on backup launcher now.
My dumb friend played a Wii game(not burned) then now i cant play the burned one on Backup launcher!!!
HELP ME HELP!!! It worked perfect for 5 days ago!

Someflammablekid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but i'm just starting this. I have homebrew channel and everything. My wii is version 3.4U and i can't get the Cios thing to install in the wad manager. What version of wii firmware should i have?

BennySupersonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could help here. I'm having a bit of a problem running some downloaded games for the Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma.

I've got the IOS249 set up correctly and everything so I can't see why it's not working.

I've got Mad Dog McCree gunslinger pack and Ultimate Alliance 2 working fine from it but the last couple of games I downloaded (Super Paper Mario and Beatles: Rock Band) aren't working at all. I've downloaded the ISO files just like before but when it comes to loading them from the backup launcher I'm getting a quick flash of a green screen and then it just goes to a blank black screen and nothing happens!

I've tried playing about with the configuration settings in the launcher countless times and I'm still having no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BennySupersonic said:
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could help here. I'm having a bit of a problem running some downloaded games for the Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma.

I've got the IOS249 set up correctly and everything so I can't see why it's not working.

I've got Mad Dog McCree gunslinger pack and Ultimate Alliance 2 working fine from it but the last couple of games I downloaded (Super Paper Mario and Beatles: Rock Band) aren't working at all. I've downloaded the ISO files just like before but when it comes to loading them from the backup launcher I'm getting a quick flash of a green screen and then it just goes to a blank black screen and nothing happens!

I've tried playing about with the configuration settings in the launcher countless times and I'm still having no luck.

Thanks

Beatles Rock Band is a bitch for disc loaders, although I think it works on USB loader. I think you have to install Hermes cIOS 223 or something like that. Well, I've heard that for Guitar Hero 5 at least.

Also, use NeoGamma for disc loading. I'm pretty sure it's more up-to-date than this one. I think it should work with Mad Dog McCree and Ultimate Alliance 2.

BennySupersonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
BennySupersonic said:

Thanks

Beatles Rock Band is a bitch for disc loaders, although I think it works on USB loader. I think you have to install Hermes cIOS 223 or something like that. Well, I've heard that for Guitar Hero 5 at least.

Also, use NeoGamma for disc loading. I'm pretty sure it's more up-to-date than this one. I think it should work with Mad Dog McCree and Ultimate Alliance 2.

That's brilliant, I'll give it a try now. Thanks very much

BennySupersonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm one thing I'll add, when installing the latest NeoGamma I got a message saying "Your cIOS has revision 6. NeoGamma was written for revision 14 and up, if you get compatibility problems, update the cIOS!"

Any ideas how I'd go about doing this? Sorry I know I'm being a pain!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg