Not open for further replies.

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
These are from my personal collection. All of mine are unpatched unless noted.

Working purfet
Guitar Hero World tour NTSC
Mario Super Sluggers NTSC
Animal Crossing City Folk NTSC
Excite Truck NTSC
Wii Music NTSC
Super Fruit Fall Pal (NTSC forced)
DDR Hottest party NTSC
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption NTSC
Carnival Games NTSC
Bust a Move Bash NTSC
Spy Fox in Dry Ceral NTSC
Chicken Shoot Pal to NTSC [Wiifrii] (NTSC forced)

Partial Working

Rampage Total Destruction NTSC (Everything but the 3 bonus games work fine)
Donkey Kong Jet Race PAL (Works but only in Black & White. Can't be NTSC forced)
Puzzle Quest Challenge of the war lords PAL (Works but only in Black & White. Can't be NTSC forced)

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom NTSC-J 1:1 - WORKS
did not show up in the disc channel, loaded through gamma Forced NTSC
No lag during intro no noticeable slowness in loading
all in all aside from not loading through the disc channel, game plays great, beat it once already with ryu and megaman

this is more of an update with more detail than my other post

wiibob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supersonic88 said:
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom NTSC-J 1:1 - WORKS
did not show up in the disc channel, loaded through gamma Forced NTSC
No lag during intro no noticeable slowness in loading
all in all aside from not loading through the disc channel, game plays great, beat it once already with ryu and megaman

this is more of an update with more detail than my other post
Nice, Thanks For Testing. Hows the load times between fights and what not?

Heres A Menu Translation:
translationmu0.jpg

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tatsunoko downloaded 78%.
i will confirm it once it finishes.

so far, for me, games that didn't work:
MLB POWER PROS 2008
mortal kombat armageddon.

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the list of games that works, it says that Tales of Symphonia 2 works.
How did you patch it and get it working.
I have a 3.2E wii and wikkey v1, 1.9s.

DBGT7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes 1:1 (NTSC-J)
Run perfectly - Intro and in-game
Burned at half the speed of 16x (Brand: Taiyo Yuden)
3.3E - Using Gamma with the cIOS249 rev07

J

jadaramiro

has anyone gotten okami ntsc u/c to work through. i mean it works but it freezes on a section of the game and no matter how i engage these 3 battles, it would always freeze on the 3rd one.

Kwaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkside40 said:
Kwaza said:
Quick question, I have Star Wars: Force Unleashed 1:1 unpatched, and I have Gamma loader. I burned the game to a Sony DVD-R with 2x speed, and the loader gave me an disk error, please restart system. I tried again and reburned with a Memorex DVD-R at 1X speed and it gave me the same error. Does the game have to be patched before being burned or is it not compatible with Gamma. I have IOS249 with 3.3U. Every other game ive burned works good.

Try to burn it at 8x Speed, slower is not always better, my DVD Writer sometimes get a Power calibration error on 4x Speed and Sony DVD-R.

Ok I give up, Ive tried everything and wasted like 6 dvds just trying to burn Force Unleashed. I burned the unpached copy at 4x and 8x on both memorex and sony dvd-r, Error each time. Then i tried patching it with backup creator v1, and burned at 4x on both sony and memorex discs and still error. Now Im beginning to think its my IOS, even though I have IOS249... But its weird how some people have the same IOS and it works for them. Its always the read disc error, please restart system...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kwaza said:
darkside40 said:
Kwaza said:
Quick question, I have Star Wars: Force Unleashed 1:1 unpatched, and I have Gamma loader. I burned the game to a Sony DVD-R with 2x speed, and the loader gave me an disk error, please restart system. I tried again and reburned with a Memorex DVD-R at 1X speed and it gave me the same error. Does the game have to be patched before being burned or is it not compatible with Gamma. I have IOS249 with 3.3U. Every other game ive burned works good.

Try to burn it at 8x Speed, slower is not always better, my DVD Writer sometimes get a Power calibration error on 4x Speed and Sony DVD-R.

Ok I give up, Ive tried everything and wasted like 6 dvds just trying to burn Force Unleashed. I burned the unpached copy at 4x and 8x on both memorex and sony dvd-r, Error each time. Then i tried patching it with backup creator v1, and burned at 4x on both sony and memorex discs and still error. Now Im beginning to think its my IOS, even though I have IOS249... But its weird how some people have the same IOS and it works for them. Its always the read disc error, please restart system...

You know that IOS249 just says, there is ANY IOS installed as IOS249? You need the "Gamma IOS" that's WiiGator's or Waninkoko's cIOS36 rev 7.

Kwaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Il give this thing one more try, although im pretty sure i have the rev 7. I could be mistaken though, il try messing with that then. thx

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Taiko no Tatsujin [NTSC-J] (original disc) works on a US Wii with the backup loader 0.3gamma? (it's an orignal Wii on 3.3U, not modded)

I saw in the wiki that it gives an error with a PAL Wii (apparently) so I was wondering if it was the same with a US NTSC Wii.

I'm thinking of importing so I'd like to make sure it works first, thanks!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GGC said:
Does anyone know if Taiko no Tatsujin [NTSC-J] (original disc) works on a US Wii with the backup loader 0.3gamma? (it's an orignal Wii on 3.3U, not modded)

I saw in the wiki that it gives an error with a PAL Wii (apparently) so I was wondering if it was the same with a US NTSC Wii.

I'm thinking of importing so I'd like to make sure it works first, thanks!

I see 3 possibilies why the game gives an error on a PAL Wii:
- somebody tried to run the game in PAL video mode, but the game doesn't support it
- you need to force the language to japanese and the person who tried the game, didn't do that
- the game really runs only at NTSC-J Wiis, but one or both of the other 2 possibilities are more likely

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin 1 (Wii Remake) NTSC-J - Works
this has been a game i've been dying to play again and it works, it didnt boot from the disc channel (but the banner showed)
so i booted through Gamma by Forcing NTSC and by setting Default Lang to Japanese....im on day 10 right now with no errors

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I see 3 possibilies why the game gives an error on a PAL Wii:
- somebody tried to run the game in PAL video mode, but the game doesn't support it
- you need to force the language to japanese and the person who tried the game, didn't do that
- the game really runs only at NTSC-J Wiis, but one or both of the other 2 possibilities are more likely
Err, thanks but what I really wanted to know was: does the original game run on a US Wii (no modchip, just using backup loader and HBC on fw 3.3U)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm