• Total voters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Return to Loader" can be set to "all except DM(L)" for GX too.
I guess I didn't check it before, but I tried and exiting a homebrew launched from the loader returns to it correctly. (tested with WiiMC)

"Online update" is official releases only for GX.
the beta are updated only manually.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GX has a screensaver too (a simple logo moving on a black screen). You can choose the delay to trigger it.
there are menus where it doesn't trigger at all (I will fix that), like theme download menu.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
*bump* (why isn't this stickied?)

Anyway, Just thought another detail to add would be vWii compatibility. I understand there was at least one of those four that wasn't yet compatible. (I just don't remember which one off hand.)

EDIT : Okay, someone reported it was GX and WiiFlow that work on vWii and that CFG doesn't ... I don't know about PostLoader for sure.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump and +1 for sticky worthiness.

This is a very informative thread and the upkeep/updating is top-notch; kudos to you, @AbdallahTerro.

I'm curious though.... The only reason that I ever chose CFG USB Loader over all of the others was because it was "RECOMMENDED" as per ModMii. I just ran it again for "shits and giggles" and it is still regarded as such. In fact, the only other two options (on ModMii's Wizard mind you) are WiiFlow or both. Is it just that CFG USB Loader is a more noob-friendly, no frills loader than the others, or does it warrant the "RECOMMENDED" status on a different level that I don't understand or has yet to be discussed? Just curious.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Bump and +1 for sticky worthiness.

This is a very informative thread and the upkeep/updating is top-notch; kudos to you, @AbdallahTerro.

I'm curious though.... The only reason that I ever chose CFG USB Loader over all of the others was because it was "RECOMMENDED" as per ModMii. I just ran it again for "shits and giggles" and it is still regarded as such. In fact, the only other two options (on ModMii's Wizard mind you) are WiiFlow or both. Is it just that CFG USB Loader is a more noob-friendly, no frills loader than the others, or does it warrant the "RECOMMENDED" status on a different level that I don't understand or has yet to be discussed? Just curious.
I'm really not sure when ModMii started recommending CFG but I believe this is really very old info.
During the past year all loaders were updated to a different extent, WiiFlow received the most updates and bugfixes since a new enthusiastic Dev team took over the job.
I believe that setting up the loaders is the toughest job you will face, no matter which one u use. One your setup is right you'll find pros and cons in each.
WiiFlow imho can now be used a complete System Menu replacement especially with all the new plugins and I would recommend it for any noob especially because it has a great Wiki and a noob pack ofc :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4