Homebrew BAGPlug (SCDS2 Entry)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I recall a release along time ago that had a basic homebrew soft-reset, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought the one on the front page would work, but every time I hit "Exit to launcher" on Gameyob, it just freezes.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I recall a release along time ago that had a basic homebrew soft-reset, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought the one on the front page would work, but every time I hit "Exit to launcher" on Gameyob, it just freezes.

here's the BAGplug dstwo.nds you're speaking of.
Change log (20-03-2013):
-Optimized binary size
-Improved plugin argument handling
-Homebrew exit to menu now supported*

*A copy of DSTwo.nds must be located on the the root of the card for homebrew exit to work. Tested using nesDS 1.3.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dstwonds-20-03-2013-f31811.html

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this isn't too incredibly dumb but I have been messing with this for 2 days now and I just can;t get it to work.

I have everything perfect except the covers for my DS games do not appear.
I have CoverArt.ini in "/_bagui/user files". In CoverArt.ini is this:

[nds]
#path to folder with covers
folder = /_bagui/covers/nds
#image type
type = png

All of the cover png's are in "/_bagui/covers/nds". They are the files from Mirror 2 (presume they havent changed in name or anything).

Can anyone see a problem with this? I also tried renaming my ROMs to their game ID's but that didn't work either.
Thanks for any help and sorry if this is blatantly obvious I just can;t work it out for the life of me.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this isn't too incredibly dumb but I have been messing with this for 2 days now and I just can;t get it to work.

I have everything perfect except the covers for my DS games do not appear.
I have CoverArt.ini in "/_bagui/user files". In CoverArt.ini is this:

[nds]
folder = /_bagui/covers/nds
#image type
type = png

All of the cover png's are in "/_bagui/covers/nds". They are the files from Mirror 2 (presume they havent changed in name or anything).

Can anyone see a problem with this? I also tried renaming my ROMs to their game ID's but that didn't work either.
Thanks for any help and sorry if this is blatantly obvious I just can;t work it out for the life of me.

Can anyone see the problem here? Coming back to it months later and I still can't get the covers to work, and since it's the only option to get a SuperCard DSTWO layout like this, I don't have much choices here.

I tried saving the images as bmp's and not png's and changing that in the CoverArt.ini but that did not work either.

I'm sure it will be something so obvious but I can't see a problem for the life of me. I'm using an SDHC card if that could be the problem. 16GB Kingston. Other than that I have no idea.

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
ive also had quirky behavior with commercial nds covers on bagplug. i think they may conflict with homebrew nds files.

try moving your covers to a different folder. mine are in a 'ds' folder
Code:
[NDS]
folder = /_bagui/covers/ds
#image type
type = png

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive also had quirky behavior with commercial nds covers on bagplug. i think they may conflict with homebrew nds files.

try moving your covers to a different folder. mine are in a 'ds' folder
Code:
[NDS]
folder = /_bagui/covers/ds
#image type
type = png

Yeah I still can't get it to work.

I moved the folder, changed the ini to reflect that, still no change.
Tried renaming the folder to ds, still no change.
Tried removing all but 1 of the covers because I thought maybe I had too many and it couldn't load them all or something, still nothing.

It's so annoyign that the best feature of BAGPlug is unavailable to me. It's still great without that feature, but it would be nice.

Do you have the CoverArt.ini in the /_bagui/user files/ folder? My last thought is that maybe this was changed in a later update and I haven't noticed.

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I still can't get it to work...
Do you have the CoverArt.ini in the /_bagui/user files/ folder?

actually, yes and no=P i think that may be the ticket to getting yer covers to show up.
i have an additional coverart.ini (with just the [NDS] settings) in the same folder as my DS games.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually, yes and no=P i think that may be the ticket to getting yer covers to show up.
i have an additional coverart.ini (with just the [NDS] settings) in the same folder as my DS games.

Nope, still nothing shows up.

I'll try a clean install of DSTWO and BAGPlug with only those and my commercial ROMs on it and see if that works, but other than that I think I'll just have to give up on it sadly.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, still nothing shows up.

I'll try a clean install of DSTWO and BAGPlug with only those and my commercial ROMs on it and see if that works, but other than that I think I'll just have to give up on it sadly.

Well I finally got around to doing this and it actually worked. Not sure why but I'll try and explain.

I basically just backed everything up, formatted with that Panasonic SD Formatter in the SCDSTWO thread (unsure if I did that before), installed the basic SCDSTWO firmware and updated. Then I installed bagplug and a few commercial games to test. To make the coverart.ini I just coppied the settings.ini, opened it in Notepad++ (didn't do that before, just used regular notepad) and copy/pasted the code VatoLoco posted on this page. I saved that file in both the userfiles folder and my Games folder with the roms inside.

Stuck it in my DS and it worked to my surprise. Even added the homebrew and all my old files I had before now and they still work so there are no conflictions there.

Thanks for the help VatoLoco, and also, it may have been posted recently but the 2nd DS covers upload is broken, so I don't have pictures for like 2 of my games, but I can make those myself.

Reactions: VatoLoco

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not expecting much of a reply to this since this project is really dead.

I'm needing help on the arg files for launching .dpg videos

When I click a video to launch it on the bagplug menu, it just launches moonshl2.

All my roms launch perfectly through arg files

My dpg arg file:

moonshl2:
"/Homebrew/MoonShell2.nds"//file path to the plugin
[$PRGMPATH$,$FILEPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz