Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankenstein Tank said:
Thanks for the update Bass.

I was wondering if you could elaborate on how NitroZip works inside of BagPlug. For example, does it both compress and decompress roms? If so, how?

NitroZip support in BAGplug only decompresses roms.

-When you launch a NitroZip file, the rom is extracted with the same file name (with .nds extension) in the same directory. The rom path is then added to a list, 'unzipped.txt'. The nzip and the nds file are kept.
-all roms in this list are hidden from view, so you don't get duplicate file browser entries. NZIP files look exactly as commercial rom files in the browser, they have an icon and their internal name displayed along with nds cover support. You can still tell if a file is an nzip or not by viewing the file properties.
-once the rom has been extracted, it will auto launch the game.
-The next time you want to play the game, you just run the nzip file in the browser, BAGplug will then check 'unzipped.txt' to see if the rom has already been decompressed, if so, it will just launch the extracted file instantly.
-The nzip manager is just a way of deleting the selected extracted files (which are hidden) and keeping unzipped.txt up to date.

It is completely up to the user to manage how many files and which files they want to keep unzipped.

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
Frankenstein Tank said:
Thanks for the update Bass.

I was wondering if you could elaborate on how NitroZip works inside of BagPlug. For example, does it both compress and decompress roms? If so, how?

NitroZip support in BAGplug only decompresses roms.

-When you launch a NitroZip file, the rom is extracted with the same file name (with .nds extension) in the same directory. The rom path is then added to a list, 'unzipped.txt'. The nzip and the nds file are kept.
-all roms in this list are hidden from view, so you don't get duplicate file browser entries. NZIP files look exactly as commercial rom files in the browser, they have an icon and their internal name displayed along with nds cover support. You can still tell if a file is an nzip or not by viewing the file properties.
-once the rom has been extracted, it will auto launch the game.
-The next time you want to play the game, you just run the nzip file in the browser, BAGplug will then check 'unzipped.txt' to see if the rom has already been decompressed, if so, it will just launch the extracted file instantly.
-The nzip manager is just a way of deleting the selected extracted files (which are hidden) and keeping unzipped.txt up to date.

It is completely up to the user to manage how many files and which files they want to keep unzipped.

Thank you for clearing that up Bass. Also, keep up the good work.
yay.gif

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inacito said:
Any way to bypass the "Internal / EOS / Cancel" menu when you select a file?

Thanks a lot !!!!!

On your computer go to the ext folder in your _bagui folder and open the nds.arg file. It should look like this when opened.

Code:
Internal:
"$INTERNAL$"//file path
[$PRGMPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
;

EOS 1.11:
"/_dstwo/DSGAME.nds"//file path
-EOSSETTINGS
;

Now erase from EOS 1.11 so that it looks like this

CODEInternal:
"$INTERNAL$"//file path
;

That should solve your problem.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated to 3 - 3:
-can now hide files and folders within BAGplug
-fixed memory leak in file ops menu
-fixed favorites list refreshing
-contains 3-2 fixes 1 and 2
-all external lists (favorites, hiddenfiles, hiddenfolders, unzipped) are automatically updated based on if the file/folder does not exist or has the wrong path
-error messages for file support are now loaded from language.ini
-Etch and Mario Paint Composer DS are now included and configured

*Upgrade Notes*
-language.ini has been updated

Also Stella DS has been added to the front page list of programs which supports args.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update BassAce, BAGplug just keeps getting better =)

With the addition of StellaDS to the list of homebrews that support args, I googled upon a set of Atari2600 covers, renamed 'em to match the 'goodset' of .a26 games, and resized 'em for easy breazy convenience.

Extra-Testi.png

download.gif
Atari2600 Boxart (*.a26.png)

Ive also updated the HB boxart in my LocoPack with some extensive color clean-up, and more rogue pixil murdering =P, if any y'allz interested =)

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
Thanks for the update BassAce, BAGplug just keeps getting better =)

With the addition of StellaDS to the list of homebrews that support args, I googled upon a set of Atari2600 covers, renamed 'em to match the 'goodset' of .a26 games, and resized 'em for easy breazy convenience.

[thumb]http://gbatemp.net/pix/113027/Extra-Testi.png[/thumb]
download.gif
Atari2600 Boxart (*.a26.png)

Ive also updated the HB boxart in my LocoPack with some extensive color clean-up, and more rogue pixil murdering =P, if any y'allz interested =)

Wow thanks for the new cover pack! I have updated the first post.

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the update. And i have some new things for you
smile.gif

The language.ini is not complete. The Hide funktion has a no lang text and the mediaplayer window too.
And for the Hide Option, can you add a Show hidden files in the Display Settings? Like the Hide favorited files. Maybe this could also be used to unhide things from the context menu.

And something about your Rick Roll videoplayer, what format is the video and can you add arg support to the player? i would use this to watch videos even without any control buttons.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks for the update
biggrin.gif
I just wanted to know what the difference between internal and the eos while loading game is ?

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2-bias said:
Thanks for the update. And i have some new things for you
smile.gif

The language.ini is not complete. The Hide funktion has a no lang text and the mediaplayer window too.
And for the Hide Option, can you add a Show hidden files in the Display Settings? Like the Hide favorited files. Maybe this could also be used to unhide things from the context menu.

And something about your Rick Roll videoplayer, what format is the video and can you add arg support to the player? i would use this to watch videos even without any control buttons.

Woops, the download in the first post should have the newest language.ini file now.

Adding the option to show hidden files/folders won't be too hard to add I guess. I'll just need think of a way to make hidden files/folders easy to differentiate from other files.

The Rick Roll video player just uses a format similar to Spinals smf format. It's not very optimized, a full length movie at 23 fps can easily hit 1 GB in file size. Lower frame rates can significantly reduce the file size the cost of quality. If there is a demand for this, I could add arg support and release the conversion tools.

QUOTE(hunter291 @ May 21 2011, 04:00 PM) thanks for the update
biggrin.gif
I just wanted to know what the difference between internal and the eos while loading game is ?

For commercial roms, Internal will use the latest EOS installed.
For homebrew, Internal will use the method the Homebrew Menu uses for loading homebrew with arg support. EOS has a different loader which can be used for homebrew that may have issues with the internal loader.

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BassAceGold said:
The Rick Roll video player just uses a format similar to Spinals smf format. It's not very optimized, a full length movie at 23 fps can easily hit 1 GB in file size. Lower frame rates can significantly reduce the file size the cost of quality. If there is a demand for this, I could add arg support and release the conversion tools.

Oh thats huge, i though it was some kind of avi player. i came up with the idea when i was converting a movie to a 256x192 avi and noticed that the size was the nearly same as a dpg3 version. Anyway i would like to try it for some short youtube vids or something like that.

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, another update, that's amazing!

The problem is that only now I've realized how messed up Atari 2600 rom packs are.. The damn thing is flooded with hacks and whatsoever, it will require some time (and pacience) to sort out the clean roms
mellow.gif

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2-bias said:
BassAceGold said:

Oh thats huge, i though it was some kind of avi player. i came up with the idea when i was converting a movie to a 256x192 avi and noticed that the size was the nearly same as a dpg3 version. Anyway i would like to try it for some short youtube vids or something like that.

The video player + conversion tools can be found here http://gbatemp.net/t293775-bag-videoplayer

Yuin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to display nes/snes cover ??

EDIT 1 :just figure out.same method as DS cover.

EDIT 2 : Direct Booting Problem with NesDS.external Program for "nes" not found.
how to solve this.thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yuin said:
how to display nes/snes cover ??
Create the cover to the demotions you want them (or download the packs on the front page) then name them the same as your rom (ex: zelda.nes = Zelda.nes.png)
QUOTEGame Covers
- can be any size as long as it fits on screen
- can be either png or bmp files
- must be named exactly the same as the game file excluding the file extension
-CoverArt.ini file must be present in game directory
- ini file example:
[Cover Art]
#path to folder with covers
folder = /_bagui/cover art/nds
#image type
type = png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it