Homebrew BAGPlug (SCDS2 Entry)

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you VatoLoco. I re-sized some of your images and they made my intro music skip. Obviously, It was a bad idea! I used 32-bit instead of 24-bit. I should have spent more time to research converting images. Anyways, thanks to you, I'm all good! :D

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the life of me, i cant get the snes covers to show. Ive used goods tools to rename all my roms, then batch renamed everything to match up the cover art. Renamed the file extensions ect.. there's really nothing else i can think of to get the bloody covers to show up. If anyone can post there cover art.ini file here that would be helpful. thanks

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we see the new update soon. Also, has anyone changed their cluster size to 64k? I'm wondwering if I should because the NeoGeo art work is slow but all others are fine with me. Does anyone else get slow-down with Neo Geo art covers? Thanks men :)

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried allocating to 64k clusters at one point, and BAGplug did run smoothly, but Moonshell2 wouldn't boot with my card formatted like that, so i switched it back to 32k.

I usually only keep like 3 or 4 NeoGeo games at a time, so I havent noticed if the covers go slow.
The only place i personally get clunky scrolling is with commercial game covers.

KazMeatSucksSmit

Trophies
XP
Hey. I've been having a problem trying to get BAGPlug working on my Supercard DSTWO. Its running EVO 1.11 with the latest patch.

Unfortunately whenever I attempt to install BAGPlug, upon boot I am met with a black and white screen and some text about the clock speed.

If anyone knows of a fix (:

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi everyone.

As I have just recently ordered a DSTWO, i tried to get all my software ready beforehand. Seems like a big task with all the emulators and homebrew available, but now that i discovered BAGPlug, it seems even more so. :D

I have decided to finish some unfinished cover packs for systems that are not ready yet, first one being the Atari 5200:

Download Atari 5200 Coverpack (No-Intro Naming)

I'm currently doing my best to find covers for Gameboy and Gameboy Color, unfortunately I haven't been able to find any finished sets whatsoever. I have started to collect covers from various sources and named them according to their no-intro names, but this is of course a lot of work for all the games released on these systems. So I'm asking if anyone has time to help me with finishing some of those covers. I have uploaded what I have yet collected for the Gameboy, the covers are not yet resize, 39 Covers are in the pack atm.

Download Unfinished GB Coverpack (don't use on DSTWO yet, not resized properly)

If anyone would like to help, I suggest we split the remaining games according to their letters, I will try to tackle A-K in the next few days, so all other letters are appreciated. I take most of the covers from GameFAQs, when they have no cover or the quality is really bad, I try to find something with Google Search. MobyGames is the last resort, as they have watermarks on their covers.

So thanks for all the work that has already been done on BAGPlug and the Cover collections, let's finish those covers for perfection.

Greets

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody with BAGPlug and a 3DS tried updating to the 1.13 firmware for the DS2? I've been trying to update before getting Mario. Both methods (normal method and renaming the dat to b on the end) don't seem to do anything, it still starts as normal and shows version 1.11 if I go to dsgame.

EDIT: I haven't had a chance to try this on a regular ds yet, but if that's the issue I can just wait until xmas break.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anybody with BAGPlug and a 3DS tried updating to the 1.13 firmware for the DS2? I've been trying to update before getting Mario. Both methods (normal method and renaming the dat to b on the end) don't seem to do anything, it still starts as normal and shows version 1.11 if I go to dsgame.

EDIT: I haven't had a chance to try this on a regular ds yet, but if that's the issue I can just wait until xmas break.

To update the latest DSTwo firmware on BAGplug, you have to boot the original DSTwo.nds (supercards default plugin menu) and it will auto run the update.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To update the latest DSTwo firmware on BAGplug, you have to boot the original DSTwo.nds (supercards default plugin menu) and it will auto run the update.

Ahh, thanks, that makes sense. Worked perfectly, thanks :)

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a BAGplug theme I made based on a couple of cool surreal pictures made by artist Roger Dean.
Ive had it on my card for a bit, so ive had time to get it looking just right.
I think the color scheme turned out nicely. Check it out.

27141-BAGplugRDskin1.png
27141-BAGplugRDskin2.png

27141-BAGplugEMU_icons.png

download.gif
Download

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a BAGplug theme I made loosely based on Mario Kart 7. I wanted to make the picture on top look like it was breaking back into the screen, giving it a 3D effect. I started it a while ago but just finished it today. Feel free to check it out and give suggestions.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3687]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3688]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3689]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:3690]

Link to Skin

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a brief update for anyone wondering why it's taking so long for the next release.

As some of you may know, I am currently working on BAGASM which is a scripting interpreter for the DSTwo using an assembly like syntax. When it has enough features that I want to incorporate, I hope to be experimenting its use for coding various program interfaces.

If it works well enough (speed wise), then I plan to recode BAGPlug (or maybe branch it off to a new project all together), where most of its interface can be coded / customized with BAGASM.

To summarize, I hope to incorporate the BAGASM interpreter into a menu for full interface scripting. However, this will take a lot of time which I do not have so readily; I would not expect an update on this specific project within the year.

Sorry for the significant delay in the support of this project. Hopefully the experimenting goes well so I can get back to this.

Reactions: 2 people

TheHemogoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long time reader, first time poster ;)

First of all, BassAceGold, you are an incredibly talented individual. While I'm still wrapping my head around tweaking my BAGPlug on my new DS2 card, this is simply an amazing example of what homebrew is capable of. Kudos to you, sir!

So now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have a question I'm hoping some of you can answer. When I was first setting my BAGPlug up, I had the option to view NDS files/saves or GBA files/saves. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to that option now as I cannot see my .gba files while in BAGPlug. If I switch to EOS, I can find them just fine but ewww... I don't want to go back there lol

I think the option may have only come up when I had no ROMs on the SD card (while I was first configuring everything) but I could be wrong. It's been known to occur.

Any way around this? I would like to be able to see my .gba files :) Thanks!

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that setting option is actually in EOS v1.11. Start>Settings>Files>here but as far as I know, and I could be wrong, it should not be blocking you from seeing your .gba files

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long time reader, first time poster ;)

First of all, BassAceGold, you are an incredibly talented individual. While I'm still wrapping my head around tweaking my BAGPlug on my new DS2 card, this is simply an amazing example of what homebrew is capable of. Kudos to you, sir!

So now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have a question I'm hoping some of you can answer. When I was first setting my BAGPlug up, I had the option to view NDS files/saves or GBA files/saves. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get back to that option now as I cannot see my .gba files while in BAGPlug. If I switch to EOS, I can find them just fine but ewww... I don't want to go back there lol

I think the option may have only come up when I had no ROMs on the SD card (while I was first configuring everything) but I could be wrong. It's been known to occur.

Any way around this? I would like to be able to see my .gba files :) Thanks!

In the /_bagui/ext/ folder, create a file called gba.arg and copy the following to it:
Code:
EOS:
"/_dstwo/DSGAME.nds"//file path
[$PRGMPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
-EOSSETTINGS
;
then save and exit.

This will make gba files appear in the menu and will pass the file onto EOS to handle it however it does when launched.

TheHemogoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy crap! Do you guys have this forum hardwired to your nervous system?! How did you reply so fast?!

@Jimmyemunoz - I'm learning to not stay up until 3am trying to configure things that I'm new to. No wonder I couldn't find the damn thing again :blink: The second I loaded up EOS, I gave myself a much deserved *facepalm*. Thanks!

@ BassAceGold - As I stated above, my capacity for mental competency diminishes exponentially past 12am. I had actually made a gba.arg file to attempt to solve it but I see now, all I had done was rename the .nes one.

So now that I've fixed that, I can see my .gba files as text file icons with the "no" icon (red cirle with slash). Now, when I attempt to open them, it gets stuck on the EOS loading screen, however I tried to run them straight from the EOS (where the icons appear as the GBA console) and I can't even get them to load at all. I click, tap, press a/b, nothing registers. I recall now that when I first set up my EOS before finding BASPlug, I had this problem and thought I fixed it, but I suppose I had not. I have the NDSGBA (v.1.30) plugin installed correctly from what I can tell. I'll search the forums here for solution on that one, don't want to get this thread muddled with troubleshooting for an unrelated issue!

Oh my. How is it I've not been hit by a bus yet? In the daylight hours, I'm a capable and contributing member of society! I swear!

Again, thank you very much for your speedy replies!

If anyone would like to PM me with further help with this .GBA issue, that would be helpful and greatly appreciated!Please don't reply in this thread for help with that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: