Balan Wonderworld Opening movie released

Square Enix has released the opening movie of BALAN WONDERWORLD -- the all-new action-platformer from the creators of Sonic the Hedgehog. The movie sets the stage for the game’s story as it features protagonists Leo Craig and Emma Cole entering a theater and meeting the mysterious maestro Balan, who draws them into the magical universe of Wonderworld. BALAN WONDERWORLD will be playable on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X with support for Smart Delivery, Nintendo Switch and PC (STEAM):

Players will explore the fantastical land of Wonderworld, guided by an enigmatic maestro named Balan. As they explore Wonderworld, players will jump, climb, fly, smash and more, discovering a multitude of unique areas and collecting over 80 unique costumes to assist on the journey. Each costume bestows its own special power, such as the Rail Runner outfit that lets players summon train tracks in certain areas to quickly traverse across long distances and obstacles.

BALAN WONDERWORLD is an all-new experience from renowned gaming industry talent including Director, Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise Creator, Sonic Team Co-Founder) and Character Designer, Naoto Ohshima (Sonic the Hedgehog, Doctor Eggman, Sonic Team Co-Founder). The game marks Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima’s first collaboration in 20 years and is the first game from the newly established BALAN COMPANY gaming brand. BALAN COMPANY brings together talented video game developers, visual artists, and composers to tell the greatest stories and provide the ultimate platformer experiences:

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Balan Wonderworld Official Site

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's by the sonic guys so you can kinda guess 3d platformer.
Not really - for one, I didn't even catch that it was made by the "Sonic guys". For two, Sonic hasn't exactly been "consistent" since his first three games, so assuming it's a 3D Platformer isn't all that descriptive - is it Sonic Adventure 3D platforming? Lost World 3D platforming? Colours and Unleashed 3D platforming?

All quite different versions, so once again "to assume is to make an ass out of u and me" is relevant.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks more like another standard 3d platformer far as I can tell. (Yeah we don't have too many of those today...) In gameplay its not Sonic and its not remotely Nights. You can dress the ugly kids up in uglier animal costumes but I'm assuming that gives them some special abilities like Mario suits.

The biggest fail here feels like its a platformer without the mascot. They probably somehow think generic kid protagonist will be more appealing (?) to kids.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not really - for one, I didn't even catch that it was made by the "Sonic guys".

All quite different versions, so once again "to assume is to make an ass out of u and me" is relevant.
well it's in the description bro

Players will explore the fantastical land of Wonderworld, guided by an enigmatic maestro named Balan. As they explore Wonderworld, players will jump, climb, fly, smash and more, discovering a multitude of unique areas and collecting over 80 unique costumes to assist on the journey. Each costume bestows its own special power, such as the Rail Runner outfit that lets players summon train tracks in certain areas to quickly traverse across long distances and obstacles.
BALAN WONDERWORLD is an all-new experience from renowned gaming industry talent including Director, Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise Creator, Sonic Team Co-Founder) and Character Designer, Naoto Ohshima (Sonic the Hedgehog, Doctor Eggman, Sonic Team Co-Founder).

sounds like a 3d platformer to me

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This looks more like another standard 3d platformer far as I can tell. (Yeah we don't have too many of those today...) In gameplay its not Sonic and its not remotely Nights. You can dress the ugly kids up in uglier animal costumes but I'm assuming that gives them some special abilities like Mario suits.

The biggest fail here feels like its a platformer without the mascot. They probably somehow think generic kid protagonist will be more appealing (?) to kids.
Night also has two generic kid as protagonist, didn't stop it from being a loved franchise.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually makes me sad that no one mentioned the resemblance to Billy Hatcher. This is the first time I can remember being sold on a new game just by watching the trailer, and that's even before knowing the minds od Sonic are behind it.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It actually makes me sad that no one mentioned the resemblance to Billy Hatcher. This is the first time I can remember being sold on a new game just by watching the trailer, and that's even before knowing the minds od Sonic are behind it.
That's because, quite frankly, that looks naff all like Billy Hatcher to me. If it did, trust me I'd be hyped.....;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.