Ban "lockers" from EVERYWHERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted_171835

Hey, mthrnite. I was just listening to your song (the one in your sig.) It's great. Love the tune! The name suits the song well.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get how fussy kittens relates to "fussy kittens"... In all honesty, I normally just glance over sigs anyways. The posts are more important...

Guess I'll take down my sig now if it hasn't been taken down yet...

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
Lockers is just...bull...sugar
tongue.gif
I got like 120 points and EVERYTHING is ALWAYS "More Soon"

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Funny how the only people complaining about the filter is the people with it in their Signatures :|
Then I'll go ahead and complain about the filter. It's silly and should be removed. We have moderators on this site. We don't need no stinkin' robots.

edit: Thanks Revolutionize, more to come!

D

Deleted_171835

luke_c said:
Funny how the only people complaining about the filter is the people with it in their Signatures :|
Maybe that's because they're the only people who care about Locker.z.
rolleyes.gif

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized something... Those of us with an invite site could just link to it without having to mention "fussy kittens" at all... I think this is just getting kind of stupid now. There's no way to cover every single possible way people are going to try to get invites from here.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
I think your making it sound harder than it is to implement a rule against it mthrnite, I mean there is a rule against mentioning rom sites all you have to do is ban people talking about they kind of sites. I will make my point again if the users spam us with ads, why do gbatemp not do it to make more money for the server? It doesn't make any sense.

gbatemp always state they will always be ad free for it's members yet they allow their members to spam each other with ads that they are against?

QUOTE said:
t's not like fussy kittens logos burn your eyeballs out or anything

It ruins the quality of the site! members start making short posts then they mention lockers on purpose to hide the fact that they are doing it.

This post was sponsored by Snickers! get some nuts!

The problem here is what could be and should be considered an ad. Lockerz could be banned under the "no begging" forum rule, but then where does that end? If you've written a guide to wii hacking and want to promote it, do it in your sig. Sigs are for promotion, either self promotion i.e.: THIS IS ME!, or promotion of a cause (breast cancer awareness? BANNED!), or anything else that isn't strictly advertising GBAtemp, all would be banned. I personally don't want to do away with sigs. I think this is a small problem that is getting blown out of proportion by the counter-trend of HATING LOCKERZ.

You are completely correct about the short posts "just so they can see my sig" thing, but that's what we have moderators and report buttons for.

My initial point remains, that to single out one venture means to single out all ventures, and personally anyway, I'm not against ventures in sigs.

Lockerz will go away soon enough and be replaced by something else, it's the nature of MLM. At that point, I'm sure we'll be having this discussion again, only about MYPONYPOINTS.COM or something.

..and just to be clear. Staff has already had a discussion and made a decision about Lockerz, and come to the decision that it is allowed in sigs and profiles only. All dissent from this decision will be duly noted of course, but for now, you're stuck with it, it isn't against the rules.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As far as I'm considered I'm tired of all mentions of Lockerz in normal posts, sigs I do not care about so let the obsessed people keep their obsessions there.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mthrnite said:
Law said:
We should ban everything but solid blocks of colour with a border from signatures.

mthrnitesmiley.gif
Yeah, let's ban 99.999% of GBATemps Signatures! This will speed up the Forum
tongue.gif

(This post is also a test to see if I removed that Kitty from my Sig...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email