Hacking BannerBomb doesn't want to work!

Matando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Before You call me a complete idiot, I did everything right. I tested all versions by downloading the zip from the bannerbomb site, and extracted it with 7-zip(so the folders stay intact) directly to my SD Card. I then check it to make sure everything was there and it was. Then I put the loadmii 0.3 boot.dol on the root of my sd card ejected it and went downstairs to my wii. I powered it on and went to the channels setting, clicked the sd tab and inserted my sd card. Then I get nothing... It doesn't lock up, the load yes/no message doesn't pop up, it just pauses for a few long seconds and displays a bunch of blank channels. I then presume to go to back to the wii menu(hoping something would magically happen even though it's not possible) and then presume to shut down my wii.

They All Do The Same Thing.

Does Any One Know What The Hell I'm Doing Wrong / What The Hells Wrong With My Wii!

BTW just a note, I'm not a noob to wii homebrew, I've been in it since the beginning
smile.gif

Also I forgot to mention I'm on 3.2u w/ the homebrew chanel installed... I just want to test/tryout bannerbomb.

So any suggestions for a fix?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
comet77 said:
I'm new to this but I thought you had to be on 4.0 for the bannerbomb to work?

I thought 3.x was just a theory.

BannerBomb should always work. I've tried it successfully on my 3.2E wii.

Matando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ beegee7730 I'll try that. *edit it did the same thing
frown.gif

@ kedest the content.bin is at "F:\private\wii\title\aktn\"

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Try this:

SD:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin
SD:\boot.dol

1: NO, card in Wii
2: Turn on Wii
3: Click on "Wii" bottom left
4: Click on "Data Management"
5: Click on "Channels"
6: Click on "SD Card" top right
7: Wait for message "Nothing is inserted in the SD Card Slot."
8: Put in the SD Card

Try this for all 13 different Version of the software.

Let us know if this works or not.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Matando said:
@ beegee7730 I'll try that. *edit it did the same thing
frown.gif

@ kedest the content.bin is at "F:\private\wii\title\aktn\"

That is indeed the correct folder. So that's strange, it should al least show up.
Sure you're in the correct menu? Data Management > Channels > SD Card
Also make sure that's the only thing in your private folder. Other stuff might mess it up.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
instead of having the banner bomb content.bin in with all the other saves on your SD, try renaming the private folder privateold temporarily.

so, you have this:

x:\privateold\wii\title\(All your game saves)
x:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin

(i dont now if aktn is the id you said, but you get me lol)

then try it, coz you said a few blank channels showed up so i figured you might have everything in the same directory.

sorry if it doesnt work, havent personally tried it, should save you time rather than copying all the saves to the computer then back again just to test lol.

if this has been said then i apologise for that too, couldnt be arsed reading page 2 XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O Holy Cow 60 Miles !
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why people use miles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At 60 miles I'd just use instacart
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @NinStar, cause 8 miles and runnin
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LOL! I'd lmao if they put a gay ride in the little arcade section they have in this walmart. It could be like the horses rides you put quarters in, except it would be like the ambiguously gay duo cartoon & you sit on top of the other guy thats in a "flying" position. LMAO!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm pretty sure parents would have an issue with gay rides
    +1
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A president is just a public figure within America