Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may release a few details, but I'm thinking that the actual reveal is going to be at E3. The investor meeting is most likely going to serve as a hype builder, just like it was last year
true. maybe they'll just confirm it's a hybrid or something small like that

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only price range i see where it can compete is at $250-325. Although nintendo online services 'WERE' (assuming theyll go greedy and charge) free, we dont really know anything about the online features. Theyre are too many factors that have to be perfect for this system to even gain a little momentum. Lets say they charge $350 for the new nintendo, whats to stop consumers or anyone else from getting a ps4 or xbox for a cheaper price and a well established online community, because a fancy controller wont change peoples minds to pay more.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only price range i see where it can compete is at $250-325. Although nintendo online services 'WERE' (assuming theyll go greedy and charge) free, we dont really know anything about the online features. Theyre are too many factors that have to be perfect for this system to even gain a little momentum. Lets say they charge $350 for the new nintendo, whats to stop consumers or anyone else from getting a ps4 or xbox for a cheaper price and a well established online community, because a fancy controller wont change peoples minds to pay more.
When you say it that way that actually makes a lot of sense, good point

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they announce only it first at e3, it has to be pitched perfectly too. Remember when Xb1 as announced as an online only console with bogus game sharing ideas. That killed half its fan base right from the start and they didnt have enough time or media to take back its announcement.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was sold at a lost from the get go and 3ds was sold a a lost too sometime afterwards because partly due to the Vita. Only to find out later how expensive the Vita memory cards was. Why are you assistant on this greedy Nintendo angle?

While I think they can pull out $350 with the right marketing, they are probably going for $300 as their goal.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiiu and 3ds gimmick technology was to blame for the money loss. But remember, Sony aggressively sold ps4 at a huge loss too for the sole purpose of winning everyone. If the "rumors" are true and nintendo is coming out guns blazing then i dont really see any other choice.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 wayss
3) middle way
2 kinds of online...free online for casual gamers , paid online for hardcore gamers.

350$ price for an hardware similar to PS4K is more than honest.
if sony will charge that for PS4K also nintendo is legitimate to ask that price too.
if they go a beefy hardware then they could ask up to 499$ but it a situation like starting PS3 ...

if they go 249 / 299 with a slightly better hardware than ps4?
edit: (meaning selling at loss)
Honestly, if they need to do pay online, 3 is the best option. Doesn't need to be separated by "casual" and "hardcore" tho. Other things such as free games each month, more cloud saving data, bigger post limit on Miiverse, etc for people who pay and regular online for people who don't want to or can't pay. Need to be able play between free and payers, so they wouldn't segment their online.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i went black friday shopping for wiiu games, almost none of them were really on sale except for splatoon and mario party 10. I had to walk to the back of the store to ask for them, meanwhile in the front of the store is a huge assortment of new recently released games such as the witcher, madden etc.. all with more hype for the same or lesser price. I even witness a kid maybe no older than 5 cry to his mom about The Witcher 3 and Farcry 4, she grabs them both for him, he probably didnt have a clue what nintendo was. Of course i put back mario party back for the witcher 3 also because who cant resist a brand new $25 ps4 game.

The point is when the system does roll out "Holiday 2016" which generally means around november and black friday/thanksgiving sales come out, it'll be sitting on the self with a huge $$$ sign without a discount meanwhile the older systems with almost identical specs will be sitting next to it with a much cheaper $ label and an extra 'on sale' discount. Chances are people will grab the cheaper system with better media options along with a bunch of games that are also available for Nintendo for $400 instead.

Last edited by gameboy,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again the price should be dictated on its features too. What features will it have? Does it do dvds, blurays, 4k, video formats, Probably not. Will it actually be able to run youtube and other media apps? Probabl not. And i doubt it will have the ability to record and stream gameplay as ps4/xb1 because they basically stole a bunch of the youtubers channels remember that?. Thats why theyre are no footage of nintendo games because people refuse to stream it now. Are they catering to the "die hard" nintendo fans or to the general public?

Nintendo still has to win back those people who felt cheated from its youtube scandal on top of winning back the people who felt ripped off for buying the WiiU on top of re-convincing people to return to nintendo and convince them to put down their ps4/xb1 and buy a brand new nintendo. Its too late and insane to make a major impact and projecting to sell 50mil units in its lifetime unless the price is ridiculously low. $200-250 (yes i changed the price way lower because as i write im realizing nintendo screws people over)

Itll probably be called the Nin'Trump'do because all they do now is just try to cheat the people.
Can you imagine if they released 2017? They wont sell at all because most people buy consoles during the winter holiday.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets ASSUME all rumors ARE TRUE.... We have a console thats the Power Rangers Megazord of consoles. A home console with a controller that has the ability to be used as a second screen and as a handheld. When both are connected the ability of the console reaches new heights.

The home console, will be based on x86 architect, will use BluRay game discs from 3rd party games and will sell for $400
The controller will be based on ARM and use nintendo carts will sell for $250
In order to get the full experience you have to pay $650, not including the tax, games, controllers or other gimmick things possibly such as maybe memory cards or a bigger hard drive.

It sounds a lot like the WiiU2 only this time they wont make the mistake of packaging the expensive controller NEEDED for the full experience what they do this time is make people pay for it separately...

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao thats a big add on. Remote play is hardly a new feature especially with ps4's new 3.50 firmware. I like to see that nintendo has done something to kinda resemble remote play but its still coming off as an even more expensive wiiu 2.0.

I feel like the controller will be necessary to enjoy the nintendo first party games and to enjoy the full experience. The psp and vita were just a bonus and were never really marketed heavily along with its consoles because they knew the product wasnt that good.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
lmao thats a big add on. Remote play is hardly a new feature especially with ps4's new 3.50 firmware. I like to see that nintendo has done something to kinda resemble remote play but its still coming off as an even more expensive wiiu 2.0.

I feel like the controller will be necessary to enjoy the nintendo first party games and to enjoy the full experience. The psp and vita were just a bonus and were never really marketed heavily along with its consoles because they knew the product wasnt that good.

yes that my point.
only secure thing we know about NX is that will not be a hybrid.
that held coould work on as home controller , it logical deduction
just to make a speculation:

Home console has NO controller at all.
I mean the home console could use any controller from the past as developers want and wish.
-gamecube adapter? ok
-wiimote and nunchuk?ok
-wiiupad? ok
-wiiu pro controller? ok
-your phone? ok
-your Nx held ? ok

Any developer could target only one or all of these controllers.

house of consumers are already full of 2 of these devices:
-wiimotes
-phones

and there are at least 9 millions of wiiu gamepads out there.
and about other 9 millions between the remaning.

casual gamers? will buy only casual games for them their own smartphone is already all what they need for games like miitomo and pokemon shuffles on glorious full hd on tv... :)

hardcore gamers?
probably they have already at least a wiimote and a pro controller...and will buy a nx held for sure...

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your assuming the buyers will be older people with money buying it for themselves. What if its a teenager who has to buy his first home console, which one while he/she choose? What if a parent chooses to finally buy a console for their children, which one will they choose? They will most likely go for the cheapest console.

From what im reading this machine is potentially be the xbox1 killer but i dont buy that for one second.

I dont believe this console will ship with any controllers either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Switch the switch to resolve your issue
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, sorry but i cant, i dont have a switch. also what k3nv2 says is a joke
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's what I figured. I put a post up in a forum but no one seems to replying to posts there. I also don't what this chat is attached to.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    General chat as it implies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, try posting in the "switch noob paradise" thread
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's where I put it. But like I said other people's posts from a day or two ago have no responses. I'm not sure if the chat is part of the Nintendo forum that I'm on or a part of the website as a whole.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, part of the website as a whole
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    then try making a thread
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wait you are too new to be able to do that
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's fine. I'll find my way.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BigArnold you put the fusee or hekate.bin in the hekate/ payloads folder, or use app to push the payload to switch while its in rcm mode
    +1
  • B @ BigArnold:
    The problem is is that TegraGUI isn't detecting my Switch despite it being plugged in and in RCM or maintenance mode.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you click install driver inside the tegra app.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I did all of that stuff and it seemed successful but still nothing. The only thing different from the guide I used was that my device wasn't showing up as APX but rather Nintendo Switch.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I did it inside the Tegra app and Zadig.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Try a different USB c cable, or different USB port on your pc.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I tried a different port and don't have another cable. I'm fairly certain there's no issue with the equipment I'm using.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some cheap USB c cables don't send data, they only charge
  • B @ BigArnold:
    The cable is usually used to connect my controller to my switch's dock.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only other thing Id suggest is using a phone/tablet and use the Rekato app, or different pc
  • B @ BigArnold:
    Okay then.
    Thanks for your help.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty how are you doing!?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay,
    I keep thinking about killing myself and i believe i dont deserve to be happy... i also feel a bit dizzy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I believe
    you deserve to be happy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, aw thx