Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Some day I will have a Miku concert in my home. Some day...
-buy a projector.
-put a semitransparent curtain in front of it.
-fire up miku miku dance
-???
-profit

That's what they do on the actual concerts AFAIK.
---

I saw that patent earlier but is a very abstract concept. Is like a 3D scanner.
Maybe they are thinking about a game like Little Big Planet but instead of creating objects inside the game you scan real objects to use them in the game.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-buy a projector.
-put a semitransparent curtain in front of it.
-fire up miku miku dance
-???
-profit

That's what they do on the actual concerts AFAIK.
---

I saw that patent earlier but is a very abstract concept. Is like a 3D scanner.
Maybe they are thinking about a game like Little Big Planet but instead of creating objects inside the game you scan real objects to use them in the game.
Actually gigantic hologram projectors are good for commercial use right now, if you can afford it. Though a simple polygon pyramid with projector and several image will do the trick

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So Chibi Robo?
Somehow I came across with such claim last year about projector thing.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if Nintendo is making a smaller version of the Hololens? I mean, AR and motion keeps coming up and free form displays. Reggie shown distaste for VR in the pass.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
So Chibi Robo?
Now that you mention it. Chibi Robo photo finder works like that.

Actually gigantic hologram projectors are good for commercial use right now, if you can afford it. Though a simple polygon pyramid with projector and several image will do the trick
Yeah. the projector + semitransparent curtain only works if you see it from the front, but is cheap and easy to setup, good enough to enjoy it in your own home.
Damn, now I'm thinking about trying it out myself.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if Nintendo is making a smaller version of the Hololens? I mean, AR and motion keeps coming up and free form displays. Reggie shown distaste for VR in the pass.
Real hologram projector will be more afforable than hololens.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now that you mention it. Chibi Robo photo finder works like that.

Yeah. the projector + semitransparent curtain only works if you see it from the front, but is cheap and easy to setup, good enough to enjoy it in your own home.
Damn, now I'm thinking about trying it out myself.
If your screen is also customized then other pyramid or even a cone might do, I think.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe the new nintendo will do as good in sales as it wants to. Its years too late to the party and most of the people who could afford a ps4/xbox1 have already bought one and i doubt theyll will buy a another one without any information to its ability to be used as a movie player also.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This of course is personal opinion and almost baseless but the price point announcement alone will be the what makes or breaks the new console or consoles. Nintendo got greedy when it tried to match Sony prices with the wiiu and original 3ds and never realized they arent the head honcho anymore (since the mid 90s) in brand. When they drop the prices its always too late to really make a huge impact. I feel the new nintendo will follow the same path. It'll be too expensive and will not make a huge dent because of the 70 million ps4/xbox1 that have already been bought.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe the new nintendo will do as good in sales as it wants to. Its years too late to the party and most of the people who could afford a ps4/xbox1 have already bought one and i doubt theyll will buy a another one without any information to its ability to be used as a movie player also.
And yet the PS4.5 may be a thing

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the things i noticed while playing Final Fantasy was that i looked like a game that was ported down to lesser consoles, so maybe, MAYBE, it was developed using the highere power of the newer nintendo and ps4k.

OR i could just be a bad graphics and frame rate game

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4k serves to the points:

- counter NX
- support 4k sony tv this holidays

nintendo for NX is probably using a custom AMD SoC based on new tech, Sony could join Nintendo on ordering this new SoC (having both a customized version each obviously) to AMD factories , this way both prices for PS4k and NX can be kept lower than a full new gen console launch.

4k tv are not fully replacing full hd tvs, Like PS3 helped the BR disc format Sony could use the PS4k to make mass market swith quicker to 4k tvs even if the content still is not there.

Sony and Nintendo are not really competitors any more, but they both could see a benefit to weak more and more the Microsoft console branch to the point to make them switch to the "pcbox" thing.
Call that "nationalism" but even if they make "war" each other Japan companies still have some kind of "brotherood" when it comes to war against a foreign company.
In western countries we lost this attitude but there favouring the national interests is still a thing and a "value" into companies .
I'm actually kind of wondering if part of the agreement for AMD to help build the console would be that AMD can only sell SoCs to Nintendo this next generation. That's the only way I can think of that Nintendo would let them have that much power and influence on their next console.

(This is assuming that the initial rumour of AMD having a hand in designing the hardware of the entire console was true)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu