Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't look like any of those games were Wii U games...either new games or ported games. We're most definitely not getting hardware backward compatibility.

its the WiiU 1.5, anybody who owns a WiiU knows it, they just integrated everything into the gamepad.

Reactions: Pachee

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UGH, its the WiiU1.5, they only thing they corrected was the power and the ability to take the gamepad away further than 5ft. Thats exactly what it is, its a GAMEPAD. AGAIN... And the question thats needs to be asked is, "they they integrate a better online system into the wiiu?" I dont know because isnt that why EA left in the first place? they left because there was no online envirment to play games like madden, fifa, call of duty. Its alarming because EA still hasnt stepped onboard the wiiu
The way I see it, the Wii U was like a prototype of the Switch of sorts- the off-tv play was a compromise because for technology/market/whatever reasons they couldn't do what they did with the Switch, or they just hadn't developed the idea enough yet. Just because the gimmick is similar to the WiiU's doesn't mean that it's bad. True portable play will excite a lot of people myself included, and it seems that there will be third party support which is HUGE news, since that brings in a whole new demographic and allows the Switch's potential to be used.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, the Wii U was like a prototype of the Switch of sorts- the off-tv play was a compromise because for technology/market/whatever reasons they couldn't do what they did with the Switch, or they just hadn't developed the idea enough yet. Just because the gimmick is similar to the WiiU's doesn't mean that it's bad. True portable play will excite a lot of people myself included, and it seems that there will be third party support which is HUGE news, since that brings in a whole new demographic and allows the Switch's potential to be used.

LOL your basicallly describing the WiiU 1.5

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sure, but by that logic, the ps4 is just a ps.4 and the ps4 pro is just a ps.4.1

the ps4pro is nothing, they dont even use the extra power. The Wiiu2 will at least use the new power as we saw with dual screen on the gamepad. Hopefully the rumors arent true of 900p. If its at least 1080p 60 fps that would sway me the other way, until i see the price that is. But all the rumors so far have been true and this thing might go for $400

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ps4pro is nothing, they dont even use the extra power. The Wiiu2 will at least use the new power as we saw with dual screen on the gamepad. Hopefully the rumors arent true of 900p. If its at least 1080p 60 fps that would sway me the other way, until i see the price that is. But all the rumors so far have been true and this thing might go for $400
It looks like the tablet section is using a 720P IPS screen. Once docked, it'll run 1080p 60fps (according to the press release I think). Who knows about the internals though.

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL your basicallly describing the WiiU 1.5
You're throwing around the term "WiiU 1.5" like it's an insult. The Wii U was a good system, the reason why it failed was a lack of third party support for a variety of reasons (mainly underwhelming hardware and a bad gimmick). The Switch still has poor hardware but it makes the gimmick better and devs seem to be excited about it, there does seem to be third party support for the Switch. This is indeed the WiiU 1.5- the Wii U with its key problems fixed.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're throwing around the term "WiiU 1.5" like it's an insult. The Wii U was a good system, the reason why it failed was a lack of third party support for a variety of reasons (mainly underwhelming hardware and a bad gimmick). The Switch still has poor hardware but it makes the gimmick better and devs seem to be excited about it, there does seem to be third party support for the Switch. This is indeed the WiiU 1.5- the Wii U with its key problems fixed.

WiiU 1.5 IS an insult. the wiiu didnt have any 3rd party supporters because after year one the consumers realized it was not a product they wanted and didnt buy them anymore. I knw its gnna get games to but man, i dont know if i want to buy an upgraded wiiu opening year. And what happens if it flops after the first year, am i gonna make the same wiiu mistake and buy the nxswitch? i've always like the concept but it still doesnt work for me. If i lay in bed to play it would still be a lesser experience even with the console right next to me. It "MIGHT" actually be worse than the wiiu

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some info i gathered, correct me if wrong.

Max Main Memory bandwidth | Size | Memory Bus | -Type- |
Tegra Parker: 50GB/s ---------4Gb-----128bit-----LPDDR4
Xbox One: -- 68GB/s ---------8Gb----256bit8GB----DDr3

Max Cpu Flops -------------- | -Cores- | --Clock-- | Type
Tegra Parker A57: ~60Gflops ----- 4 ------ 2Ghz ---- ARM
PS4 Jaguar:------~108Gflops ---- 8 ------1.6Ghz ---- X86

GPU
Tegra Parker: 0.768 TFLOPs (FP32)
PS4: --------- 1.95 TFLOPs (FP32)

Last edited by Pachee,

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a tablet that have good hardware compared to general mobile platforms with detachable controllers that allow 2p on a single unit and possibly a graphic add-on. What's not to like.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a tablet that have good hardware compared to general mobile platforms with detachable controllers that allow 2p on a single unit and possibly a graphic add-on. What's not to like.

The Switch is clearly the Nintendo Gamepad 2.0 nothing more. Its not even the WiiU 1.5 because looking back at how they marketed it, was the WiiU the machine that got plugged in or was it really the gamepad itself?

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Switch is clearly the Nintendo Gamepad 2.0 nothing more. Its not even the WiiU 1.5 because looking back at how they marketed it, was the WiiU the machine that got plugged in or was it really the gamepad itself?
Then what is xbox one and ps4? The xbox one controller and dual shock 4? Is ps4 the touchpad?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's still a standalone handheld mind you and with a second nx handheld you will get something like four sword adventure.

@gameboy
It might even support wii u or 3ds as a controller.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what is xbox one and ps4? The xbox one controller and dual shock 4? Is ps4 the touchpad?

It's still a standalone handheld mind you and with a second nx handheld you will get something like four sword adventure.

Isnt the gamepad concept the one thing that hurt WiiU? what was the WiiU? because the gamepad was needed for it to run. Was the gamepad really the WiiU?
the Nswitch is just the GAMEPAD 2.0 and its still HUGE
its also powered by Nvidia
the cost is what will be what sells this system. The cost for the WiiU was also a main reason it failed.
How much do we have to pay for it?
Are each component individual?
Its all very confusing to me because i thought Nintendo would be smarter.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that it is also a home console and that constitutes a weak, crappy home console that lacks features of its predecessors.

Everyone was worried about a weak gimmick or it being a ps4/xbone copy, and instead we got both, a weak gimmick that also lost features that made the Wii U better than those, making it a plain weak console.

Just check the trailer yourself again, the thing can't even keep a decent framerate in Zelda BOTW.

Last edited by Pachee,

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fact that it is also a home console and that constitutes a weak, crappy home console that lacks features of its predecessors.

Everyone was worried about a weak gimmick or it being a ps4/xbone copy, and instead we got a weak gimmick that also lost features that made the Wii U better than those.
A second nx/ 3ds/ gamepad will do thy justice. The dock might even have a under-clocked gp106 or even gp104.
What exact feature are you talking about that cannot be done?

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Pachee,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BC is gone, dual screen is gone, touch games in your tv is gone. There are probably more we will know with new info.

Edit: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/nintendo-switch-is-powered-by-nvidia.2481278/page-22

504p, maybe 720 while docked whose them upscales to 1080. :shit:

Yea the ns is powered by a custom tegra based on Geforce, so i dont know. The dock looks like an encased GPU unit and the NS itself could be the CPU. i been mulling over and i think this thing is gonna be super powerful i really do.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A second nx/ 3ds/ gamepad will do thy justice. The dock might even have a under-clocked gp106 or even gp104.
What exact feature are you talking about that cannot be done?

i think the smart option for Price, performance, and power was going to AMD with the new line of Polaris chips, but Nvidia came out today with their new stuff and not only is it cheaper, but its more powerful....
http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/10/21/nvidias-new-budget-graphics-cards-are-bad-news-for.aspx

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think the smart option for Price, performance, and power was going to AMD with the new line of Polaris chips, but Nvidia came out today with their new stuff and not only is it cheaper, but its more powerful....
http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/10/21/nvidias-new-budget-graphics-cards-are-bad-news-for.aspx
That's not all. The gtx 2070, being a faster version of 1070, is only $300. Also Nvidia need to sacrifice some profit to have a piece. In the other thread I theorize a extremely down clocked(scalable, which can be pushed to remotely down clocked when plugged in) gp206 inside switch, and with volta all that is needed is a tegra Xavier but more gpu power than the standard, say 1024 Volta cores at 70% the typical clock, and pc range when plugged in.
I also see similar design being incorporate into a surface x which have Amd's navi, designed with scalability in mind.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not all. The gtx 2070, being a faster version of 1070, is only $300. Also Nvidia need to sacrifice some profit to have a piece. In the other thread I theorize a extremely down clocked(scalable, which can be pushed to remotely down clocked when plugged in) gp206 inside switch, and with volta all that is needed is a tegra Xavier but more gpu power than the standard, say 1024 Volta cores at 70% the typical clock, and pc range when plugged in.
I also see similar design being incorporate into a surface x which have Amd's navi, designed with scalability in mind.

Yea dude at first i was PISSED. but now im super stoked for this machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: