Before 2024 hit, what games did you complete in 2023?

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm going to be honest, I haven't completed a lot of games this year, if I'm not mistaken, I've completed more games in 2022 than this year, but anyway.

The reason I'm writing this, os because I want to tell my experience playing these games, and I highly want you to tell what games you completed and you experience too.

• Let's begin with Strider 2 on the PS1

Well, this was my first time playing this game, but I already have heard some people saying ita good game so I tried it out and damn, this game ois really fun tho. It was at midnight and I was sleepy af but I still wanted to try it, and there I go, I played the first mission and quickly my eyes got really open wide because its fast pacing, the game almost doesn't give you a time to breath not only because there's a lot of enemies (they're not difficult, just numerous) but for the music it self, its really good and also, the Boss Fights are really good too. BUT, there was a detail I got surprised, on that night I only made hte first mission and then saved the game, so that could finish it later.... RIGHT?? NO!! I got confused at first because I though my save got corrupted... then i googled about it and discovered that Strider was originally an Arcade game.... and thats because the game doesn't save the progress as well, just the Leaderboard. but also I found out that the game is really quick to complet it (something about 40min or less). And then I made it, in one single try I completed the game, saw the ending and unlock a second character to play with. REALLY GOOD GAME!! specially if you wanna challenge yourself or someone to get the highest score.

Strider 2 (USA)_000.png

• Next, Distance (on Steam)

Probably you already saw some videos of a racing game of some of the Acceleracers stage, right? Well, that was my case, when i searched for this game I found its name: Distance. And then I fought: hmm, this game is cheap, I might try it out. And then I kinda forgot to but the game for almost a year:wacko: BUT with the Steam Winter Sale I found this game once again but with a great discount so I couldn't lose it, INSTA BUY! Downloaed, installed, play it. The first thing that came to my mind is Mistery... the story wont tell you nothing about what happend and what will happen, you're just a (really futuristic) car and you have a single objective (survive) follow this road in front of you, and thats what you do.So whyI liked this game a alot? Thats simple. This game teaches you its mechanics in a very chill way, I mean, your car can do LOTS of things, but the game will tell what you can do and when you can do, one thing at time, you really feel good to learn its mechanics. And then, there's the story, the thing i love about this game is that it have a really good Environmental Storytelling, everything in the game makes you say to yourself "What in the hell happend here??". I was thinking it to myself all the time, but at least it doenst take long for you discover whats happening and who made this. When you finish the story, you'll get access to the Arcade mode and its Time Attack mode as well. The game offer a Workshop support and I heard that it has LOST of mods to install, I admit that I have to look for it more. REALLY GOOD GAME!!

20231228225641_1.jpg
I felt some heavy goosbumps at this part...

• Next, Jet Moto 3 on PS1

Again, another Playstation game. Y'know, the PS1 was my real first console ever when I was jus a kiddo. But I wasn't aware of the games I could've played that time, so I'm still descovering some games fomr this platform, Jet Moto 3 was the chosen one, I still plan to play the other 2 Jet Moto game, but I'll do it later. GODDAMN the feeling of speed and adrenaline was peak, I liked the character's visual and design (kinda fun that every character is sponsored by real life companies, like Doritos) and talking about design, I LOVED the stages, some are chill like the Ice Falls stage but some are diffcult af (at least for me I dunno) like the Catacombs... I HATE THIS STAGE:nayps3: Anyway, I loved this game even tho it has some counterparts (the game constantly go to 60fps and then lowers to 30fps sometimes) Really good game.

Jet Moto 3 (USA)_003.png

HONORABLE MANTIONS

• Aria of Sorrow

I put this game in the Honorable Mentions tab because I already completed this game before but I done it again in 2023 :D But now I can say thatthis time I made the True Ending deafeating the real evil in the castle (and Some get real handsome with that look omg :shy:)

Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (USA)_021.png

• Heavensward FF14

Considering this is a DLC (almost the size of a full game btw) I put it here too. The story isn't that slow as the A Realm Reborn but I still enjoyed a lot

c.jpg

I'll try do it again Next Year... if I remember it
Thats it, thank you for reading it and I really hope that you have a great 2023!!

(if you've read this far :grog: you're awesome)

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've finished a few of them:
  • Children of Silentown (Windows) - I don't usually play ""horror"" games, but I love point and click adventure games so I just had to play this one. It was really a heartwarming game, a bit scarry at times, but totally recommended for anyone that has a thing for such games.
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U) - It was a really fun game, with lots of things to do in-game. I was really surprised how well done it was made.
  • Thimbleweed Park on (Switch) - After the latest Monkey Island game, I had to finish this one as well. I regret not playing it on PC because it has the Ransom's swearing uncensored. The whole game was rather hilarious and challenging at times.
  • Untitled Goose Game (Switch) - This game's sick. 11/10, Fun and weird and I wish there was more to it.
  • Miitopia (Switch) - This one was a nice time-waster.
  • Tsukihime: A Piece Of Blue Glass Moon (Switch) - I love this VN, it was perfect for me. Can't wait for the sequel to be released.
  • Witch on the Holy Night (Switch) - Another really good VN, within the same universe as Tsukihime. I realised a bit too late that it's just a linear VN, but it was a fun read nevertheless.
I've started playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Starfield and that's about it. I mainly play ACNH these days, I've put Starfield on hold for a while.
The rest of the Wii U / Switch party games that I usually play with my friends and family. I guess you can't really finish them. :D

• Wow
Reactions: Quore

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I've finished a few of them:
  • Children of Silentown (Windows) - I don't usually play ""horror"" games, but I love point and click adventure games so I just had to play this one. It was really a heartwarming game, a bit scarry at times, but totally recommended for anyone that has a thing for such games.
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U) - It was a really fun game, with lots of things to do in-game. I was really surprised how well done it was made.
  • Thimbleweed Park on (Switch) - After the latest Monkey Island game, I had to finish this one as well. I regret not playing it on PC because it has the Ransom's swearing uncensored. The whole game was rather hilarious and challenging at times.
  • Untitled Goose Game (Switch) - This game's sick. 11/10, Fun and weird and I wish there was more to it.
  • Miitopia (Switch) - This one was a nice time-waster.
  • Tsukihime: A Piece Of Blue Glass Moon (Switch) - I love this VN, it was perfect for me. Can't wait for the sequel to be released.
  • Witch on the Holy Night (Switch) - Another really good VN, within the same universe as Tsukihime. I realised a bit too late that it's just a linear VN, but it was a fun read nevertheless.
I've started playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Starfield and that's about it. I mainly play ACNH these days, I've put Starfield on hold for a while.
The rest of the Wii U / Switch party games that I usually play with my friends and family. I guess you can't really finish them. :D
Holy holy holy, you played a lot on the switch, that's nice. Untilted Goose Game is delightful, need to play it again, it's so good to bring chaos the others life:ha: I played Starfield this year too, i liked it alot, but I can only play it on xCloud because I dont have a xbox and my PC can't run it (starfield is the new crisis :wtf:)

Also, just for curiosity, what is the model of your Switch? And do you recommend me to buy one in 2024? I was looking to buy the Lite model ;v

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Chrono trigger, contra 4, all Ace attorney games up to investigationd 1, pizza tower (not 101%), undertale, Castlevania 1 and 2, Mario and Luigi bowser 's inside story, warioware touched, dragón quest 1

• Wow
Reactions: Blythe93 and Quore

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to my camera roll, and in order:

- Shantae and the Seven Sirens
- Morrowind (almost completely on the xbox, had to transfer my save to PC to finish it up, thanks to a bug though)
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Hime's Quest
- Crusader of Centy
- Skyrim (Switch version)
- Fallout 3
- Fallout NV
- Gleylancer
- Starfield (As far as I am concerned, I'm not playing this 10 times for the FuLl StOrY)
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Vampire Survivors
- Goodboy Galaxy
- Feed IT Souls
- The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls
- Link's Awakening (the og gray german version)

And probably 1 or 2 other small indie games I can't remember right now.

• Wow

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil

- Morrowind (almost completely on the xbox, had to transfer my save to PC to finish it up, thanks to a bug though)
- Hime's Quest
- Crusader of Centy
- Fallout 3
- Fallout NV
- Gleylancer
- Starfield (As far as I am concerned, I'm not playing this 10 times for the FuLl StOrY)
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Vampire Survivors
- Goodboy Galaxy
- Feed IT Souls

Holy damn, this year was really a ride tho
Nice

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also, just for curiosity, what is the model of your Switch? And do you recommend me to buy one in 2024? I was looking to buy the Lite model ;v
I play most of my games on my modded regular Switch which is an early 2017 Erista unpatched model. I wouldn't recommend Switch Lite for you first model, or main Switch console even. Despite it being "budget" model, it has several cons:
  • Can't be played while docked, no TV output. (It's really comfortable to hold while in hands, though.).
  • No rumble. (Not necessarily a con, but something to consider.).
  • No removable joy-cons (Although you can connect another bluetooth controller to it and put your Switch on a stand or something, however ridiculous it may be.).
  • Buttons feel mushy (Again, not necessarily a con, but something to consider.).
  • Smaller form factor and screen size.
  • Hacking is possible only with modchip, no software exploit yet.
As for the pros:
  • I like its D-pad a bit more than what we have on the left joy-con. (For the regular Switch, there's a Nintenod licensed left joy-con made by HORI with a similar D-pad).
  • Less cables to carry around? You only need a charger.
  • Despite buttons being mushy, I love how ZR and ZL buttons feel on the Lite.
Therefore, I'd suggest you get a regular Switch as it's still the best model in my opinion. Unpatched Erista model, if possible. Or OLED with a modchip installed, whichever fits your budget more.

I would totally recommended it for Nintendo published games (anything Super Mario, Zelda, etc. related), I love each and every one of their games (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Party, Mario Party Superstars, Super Mario RPG, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom to name a few and many, many others).

f you're looking to play games like Witcher 3, for example, I'd suggest getting anything else other than Switch. Game's somewhat fine, lags here and there, but it's working and with Switch being portable, it isn't all that bad after all. Still, it leaves a lot to be desired. Plenty of other games fall into the same area.

I played Starfield this year too, i liked it alot, but I can only play it on xCloud because I dont have a xbox and my PC can't run it (starfield is the new crisis :wtf:)
Nice. ^^ I'm glad that some people like the game despite its limitations and lack of promised features. I've played Fallout (3, New Vegas and 4) and The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion and Skyrim), so Starfield sits well with me. I like it for what it is.

- Hime's Quest
- Crusader of Centy
- Fallout 3
- Fallout NV
- Gleylancer
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Vampire Survivors
- Goodboy Galaxy
- Feed IT Souls

Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas kept me busy for a year each. :D Unless you're not a completionist, you did good this year. If you are, however, you're a madman and I respect that. 10x Starfield? Yep, I'm not doing that either. That's why I stopped playing after a while and waiting for a DLC to come out or something, see where Bethesda will go with it before I mark it as finished.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Therefore, I'd suggest you get a regular Switch as it's still the best model in my opinion. Unpatched Erista model, if possible.
Thanks for the tips, mate, really helps.
Oh and one more question, the V1 model of the switch, does its battery works and hold fine?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas kept me busy for a year each. :D Unless you're not a completionist, you did good this year. If you are, however, you're a madman and I respect that. 10x Starfield? Yep, I'm not doing that either. That's why I stopped playing after a while and waiting for a DLC to come out or something, see where Bethesda will go with it before I mark it as finished.
I've 100% those games previously, so I just stuck to main quests, faction quests, and the side quests that struck my fancy. I would have added Oblivion to that list as well but it keeps crashing like a junkie with a meth addiction so that's likely not going to happen.
It helps that I work from home and have no social life to speak of, so I can rack up hours pretty fast and reliably.

Reactions: Quore and Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh and one more question, the V1 model of the switch, does its battery works and hold fine?
Apparently, the v1's battery usually lasts around 3-6 hours or so, while the v2's lasts about 4-9 hours on one charge. it all depends on the game(s) you'd like to play.
I was lucky enough to buy one with a decent battery life and I don't usually play more than 3 hours a day or so. When I'm done with it, battery's usually around 60-65% or so. That's when I'm playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which probably isn't a good game to test the battery life with. ^^
I've 100% those games previously, so I just stuck to main quests, faction quests, and the side quests that struck my fancy. I would have added Oblivion to that list as well but it keeps crashing like a junkie with a meth addiction so that's likely not going to happen.
It helps that I work from home and have no social life to speak of, so I can rack up hours pretty fast and reliably.
I agree with Oblivion. Thankfully, unofficial patches make it a bit more tolerable. Me being picky with the efficient leveling does not. ^^
I wish I could work from home as well, playing games between breaks would be great. I used to take my 3DS on the breaks but now I just walk around, My eyes need some quality rest every now and then after a few longer gaming sessions.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I wish I could work from home as well, playing games between breaks would be great.
I started learning video editing this year and thankfully a friend of mine hired me to work on his YT channel. My goal is to, in the future, work fully at homeB-)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Splatoon 3 single player.

I beat the secret 'Golden Kettle' level after 100%ing all areas, earning my bear ears. It's a piece of gear that shows I put up with the most challenging hardships the game threw at me, and I wear them with honor.
BackgroundEraser_20221016_152011369.png

• Wow

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Splatoon 3 single player.

I beat the secret 'Golden Kettle' level after 100%ing all areas, earning my bear ears. It's a piece of gear that shows I put up with the most challenging hardships the game threw at me, and I wear them with honor.
View attachment 415683
That's fuckin awesome

Reactions: Jayro

SNESMILK999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The game I completed in 2023 was Pokemon Shield It is hard to finish at first and then I can't believe that I finished the game (Including post game and tournaments). Chrono Trigger DS Version is 2nd to complete the game and last at least Pokemon HeartGold Version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Funny bone is the name of a chocolate and peanut butter cake :P