You guys still play video games?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..as in a regular manner? And or even finish the story/ what the game has to offer, and then going through your ever-expanding game library one by one afterwards? I personally barely play anything nowadays not because i don't want to but because i don't have the time anymore (currently, atleast), i'd be lucky to squeeze even an hour or two on the weekends to play something, and i wish i can play more but we all have other responsibilities etc. right? Without mentioning other hobbies that one might have (and need to find time for).. Anyway, so what is the situation for you, are you so lucky that you're play whatever you want whenever you want guilt & responsibility free? Or are you like me? or maybe somewhere in the middle? In any case share your thoughts with us below.
Thanks for reading! (and sorry for the quasi clickbait-y title) :)

MPRTwice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I trained with the Special Forces; the training is intense to the point where even though I am prepared for it beforehand, the training alone can easily take my life if I let it. I often drove home seeing stars and double vision daily, along with taking blows that can easily kill the best boxers of all time in the world several times over.

Because my training now causes things like extreme fevers, throwing up eight times in one day on several occasions, and other side effects, I will code a video game more than I play it. I play a game long enough to test code, but amidst over twenty two hours of training daily, and sometimes forty nine hour training shifts, I will play a video game in order to keep my mind busy enough while my body recuperates and strengthens. It is nothing more than a tool for me. But do not feel bad about my training; my resting heart rate is under eight beats per minute, my body fat is low, I'm accused of being fourteen despite being on this earth for many more decades than that, and I can toss around three hundred and fifty pound bags like a ragdoll using only half of my forearm. All of this is to make me as prepared as possible for the field work.

Reactions: CoolMe

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not very much. There are some favorites I like returning to every now and then but I rarely play anything new.
I have enough free time that I could be playing way more games, but a lot of the time I just prefer watching YouTube or whatever. And I'm not sure why, I guess maybe I'm just growing out of games (something I swore as a kid would never happen :()
Don't get me wrong, I still like playing games. But unless a game really hooks me from the beginning I probably won't play it more than once. And getting myself to try out a new game these days feels like a chore.

Reactions: CoolMe and Dud

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No new titles, no. And when I get time to play a round of something, I feel guilty playing or I use the hours to do something else like picking up another hobby, project, or skill. College has been running me through the wringer and life keeps getting tangled up in my "me" time, anyway.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But unless a game really hooks me from the beginning I probably won't play it more than once.
Oh, i never replay stuff once im done with a game and have experienced most what a game has to offer, im done (and i don't care for stuff like trophies/achievements, collectables, 100% game completion etc.).. Unless it's something from my childhood, or game series that i enjoy very much, then i see that can happen whenever i might feel nostalgic/ or keen to revisit such games.
And yea, when trying a new game, it have specific criterias of stuff im interested in (just to narrow game library down), if it doesn't grab me on the first few hours, and is a joy to play (not too grindy, good mechanics etc.) might end up leaving it sooner than i realize..
Post automatically merged:

No new titles, no.
Oh, i didn't specify, any video games new and old.
And when I get time to play a round of something, I feel guilty playing or I use the hours to do something else like picking up another hobby, project, or skill. College has been running me through the wringer and life keeps getting tangled up in my "me" time, anyway.
Yep, same happened to me in my high school and college years.. Gotta follow what's best.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, i never replay stuff once im done with a game and have experienced most what a game has to offer, im done (and i don't care for stuff like trophies/achievements, collectables, 100% game completion etc.).. Unless it's something from my childhood, or game series that i enjoy very much, then i see that can happen whenever i might feel nostalgic/ or keen to revisit such games.
And yea, when trying a new game, it have specific criterias of stuff im interested in (just to narrow game library down), if it doesn't grab me on the first few hours, and is a joy to play (not too grindy, good mechanics etc.) might end up leaving it sooner than i realize..
Post automatically merged:

Oh, i didn't specify, any video games new and old.

Yep, same happened to me in my high school and college years.. Gotta follow what's best.
I don't even mean replaying it. I literally meant one session, maybe a couple hours and then I'm done unless the game hooks me.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I regularly play still.

Normally have a single player game and a multiplayer one along side it. At the moment I'm doing the time trials on Splasher & for multiplayer and little bit of Overwatch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated