Hacking Beginner's guide: launch hacks, game backups and homebrews on WiiU & vWii

• Thread starter xem
  • Start date
  • Views 468,690
  • Replies 290
  • Likes 15

streetlightman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I might be posting this in the wrong area so I apologize in advance.

I just want to put the homebrew channel and install Nintendont on the vWii. I'm on 5.5.0. Is it safe to put the homebrew channel on the vWii and then go online (and play smash) on this version?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think not, because of a quote from another thread > https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/

A quick note about Wii U Firmware and VWii:
Updating your Wii U will not impact your ability to hack VWii as they are entirely separate operating systems on the console.
HOWEVER: Improperly hacking VWii can cause it to brick, which will cause your Wii U to be Unable to update! So Read the stickies, do your research, and be careful!

Because the 2 are seperate OSes, online play probably is seperate too... but i hope someone with actual experience and knowhow can confirm this.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I might be posting this in the wrong area so I apologize in advance.

I just want to put the homebrew channel and install Nintendont on the vWii. I'm on 5.5.0. Is it safe to put the homebrew channel on the vWii and then go online (and play smash) on this version?

It safe, i've got a couple wii u's. One of them is on 5.5 and my son plays smash all the time on it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kalmardezze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I,m a new Wii user, I just bought a used Nintendo WiiU. I'm all new to this. I want to play Wii games from an external HDD because I got a lots of games/backups from a friend.
Does the softmod guide still work on WiiU? I think i have 5.5.0 or 5.5.3. Ordered Lego Batman today :)
Greetings from Swe

Last edited by Kalmardezze,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I,m a new Wii user, I just bought a used Nintendo WiiU. I'm all new to this. I want to play Wii games from an external HDD because I got a lots of games/backups from a friend.
Does the softmod guide still work on WiiU? I think i have 5.5.0 or 5.5.3. Ordered Lego Batman today :)
Greetings from Swe
Complete softmod guide still works 100%. Just make sure you follow it to a "t"

Reactions: Kalmardezze

rafasaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any updated guides on installing/playing Wii backups on vWii? The guide provided is out of date (WiiUHax) I think, and I can't launch MMM without losing connection to the Wiimote, and thus halting the process. Any advice?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as I have those 5 urls blocked on my Wii U through my router I'm perfectly ok from auto updating?

Will I still be able to play online? I'm currently on 5.5, but obviously I'm trying to protect myself from future auto updates.

I enabled parental controls in my router and blocked the URLs specifically to my Wii U, in case they are somehow needed still on the 3DS or any other device.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87121071/Photos/Screenshot 2015-11-16 10.16.47.png

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Maha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Latest safe vWii firmware version: The one installed with WiiU fw 5.4.0 is safe for vWii.

ok so i asked this quastion ( Will i lose vWii hacks if wii u is updated ?
I havent used the internet at all on my wii u and i dont plan to , but what if i get a new game that has disc update will that mess up vWii side ?
Thanks) in another thread and got this answer

It's possible but not at all likely. Nintendo has done literally nothing to update vWii short of a few vIOS updates since the launch of the Wii U

since this thread says latest "safe" vwii is 5.4.0 ,I'll ask again just to be safe

I want to get the game project zero maiden of black water euro version which has disc update 5.5
My quastion is:
Will my installed wiiware , vc , usb Gx loader , nintendont/gamecube games still be working after installing this disc update ?

Or is it not safe for vwii side to go beyond 5.4.0?

Last edited by Maha,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ok so i asked this quastion ( Will i lose vWii hacks if wii u is updated ?
I havent used the internet at all on my wii u and i dont plan to , but what if i get a new game that has disc update will that mess up vWii side ?
Thanks) in another thread and got this answer

since this thread says latest "safe" vwii is 5.4.0 ,I'll ask again just to be safe

I want to get the game project zero maiden of black water euro version which has disc update 5.5
My quastion is:
Will my installed wiiware , vc , usb Gx loader , nintendont/gamecube games still be working after installing this disc update ?

Or is it not safe for vwii side to go beyond 5.4.0?

"Safe" is referring to the ability to use the Wii U kernel exploit, not anything on the vWii side

Reactions: AboodXD

ronin47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to load the last Just Dance games and it appears a black screen. The previous games (just dance 4 included) load perfectly using cIOS 251 base 58. I have the same problema with the games of Lets' Sing; in this case, the game loads but the microphone doesn't work. I have tried also with cIOS 250 base 57, and the same problem. I'm using d2x-cios v10 (vWii-installer) in a PAL Wii U. Any solution? I want to load Just Dance 2014, 2015 and 2016; and be able to use the microphone on singing games.
Thanks.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I run Bathaxx I get an error saying that it can't find SD card or USBGecko.
I had this same error when using Bathaxx when it first came out for Wii.
Bathaxx requires a 2GB standard SD card (or less)
From the wiibrew website: Note: SDHC cards can only be used by the Letterbomb exploit. Otherwise you must have an SD card that is 2GB or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg