Best Cell Phones?

cepheus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am looking to upgrade my current motorola rizr as its battery life is getting shorter and shorter.

I know about most of the phones available in north america but I was wondering what phones are hot around the world. Any suggestions?

I was looking at this one (price seems too low LOL)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16141

any advice will be appreciated TY!!!

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean phones that you buy at a regular t-mobile store or like in DX, phones that are made by third-party company?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the iPhone 3G and it has given me the worst out of the box experience ever (no features beyong playing music and videos) and it requires a ton of hacking before you can do even mundane things like DOWNLOADING FILES OFF THE INTERNET!

Right now the iPhone 3G has stopped receiving the occasional incoming call and I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow...iPhone sucks. And I bought into the hype.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The real HTC Diamond is approximately $600 unlocked...these fake diamonds are $99.99 unlocked.

Just like real diamonds to cubic zirconias...you get what you pay for.
They will work as phones...but they won't do anything else that well.

BTW...I just noticed you are in Canada...Rogers operates on the GSM/GPRS/EDGE on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 2G GSM, or 2.5G in the case of EDGE). This particular phone only operates on the 900/1800MHz networks...meaning that it works on China and probably Europe only.

(I work at Bell, I know these general things)

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Renegade_R said:
A little off topic, but please tell me you don't work in the internet section. Since Bell is basically a bunch of scammers on internet (don't know about phone tho since I've never had a cellphone plan from them).

Good ol' Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screw iPhone if you want elite phone buy NOKIA N-something
if u want i phone buy samsung omnia (i think thats the name) has everything iphone has
+5megapixel camera and much more stuff
if you want a good budget phone go for sony ericsson

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Salamantis said:
Renegade_R said:
A little off topic, but please tell me you don't work in the internet section. Since Bell is basically a bunch of scammers on internet (don't know about phone tho since I've never had a cellphone plan from them).
I do work for Bell Internet...in specific...Bell Residential Services but I'm on the hardware team dealing with the modems and routers. The internet cap thing...yes that is a problem...and unfortunately I don't see any end to the problem. As for support...it is all contracted out to India. We are looking to change that but I don't know when.

Fun fact: the top internet consumer moved 10 terabytes of data last month.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the free ones when you go and renew your contract.

Get a phone to use as a phone (and possibly an mp3 player) and a camera to use as a camera.

I've got myself a Samsung Sync. It's alright.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When is Verizon going to get a phone that meets my standards.

-Outside black/white LCD that displays time with large numbers and doesn't require a backlight to see.
-Decent camera 2.0MP or better, flash that also acts as flashlight.
-Clamshell or "flip" style.
-Built to take some serous sh*t.
-Good reception/call quality.
-MicroSD slot.

I know about the "boulder" but I hear such mixed review of it, one person claims it is the greatest phone EVER. The next says the battery lasts less then a day on a full charge and it has horrid reception!?

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get an iPhone without a contract.
That's the best phone ever. Don't even try to deny it unless you've had one, jailbroken it, and used it to its full potential.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Renegade_R said:
Salamantis said:
Renegade_R said:
I do work for Bell Internet...in specific...Bell Residential Services but I'm on the hardware team dealing with the modems and routers. The internet cap thing...yes that is a problem...and unfortunately I don't see any end to the problem. As for support...it is all contracted out to India. We are looking to change that but I don't know when.

Fun fact: the top internet consumer moved 10 terabytes of data last month.
Ah okay so at least you don't scam people
tongue.gif

I had such a horrible time with Bell Internet... was with them for a year then I got a call from someone from Bell which offered me a much better speed, smaller price but with a 30GB cap (Total Performace Internet). I thought I'll just try not to use much GBs per month and I went with them... speed went from 4Mbps down to 1.5Mbps (supposed to be 7).
After month of conversations with CSRs that didn't know anything (from India), nothing was resolved except my speed rising to 3Mbps (still far from 7).

My contract ended a couple months ago and I'm a happy TekSavvy user now (except for the fact that they use Bell's lines, but in my area there's nothing but Bell).

@ontopic: I agree with poster above. Contractless iPhone all the way. (might be a tad expensive tho).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ