Homebrew Best current way to spoof firmware/block updates?

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I genuinely can't find an answer (not that I'm too lazy to Google). Besides, since the release of 11.8 has caused a lot of panic and confusion amongst users:

I accidentally updated to 11.8, and found out that it makes it easier for Nintendo to ban you. I recently downgraded to 11.6.0.39. Now I can't go online, because it will either update or ask me to update.
Is there any way to spoof the console's firmware so it thinks it's the latest version (or Nintendo thinks it is) so I can go online without needing to update? I would prefer something that you don't need to launch every boot.
FW spoofing is so easy on the PS3/ PS Vita.

Hallowing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTR httpwn was the last project that did spoofing(that I know of), but I don't believe it works after 11.3 or even at all anymore

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being on 11.8 doesn't have any more of a chance to get you banned than previous versions, unless you try and download directly from Nintendo's CDN on your device without a real, encrypted and signed ticket, which you get from Nintendo themselves. This means things like freeshop will most likely get you banned. The check is only done on download, not on install or launching things you don't own (launching things while online and sending data to Nintendo has existed for a long time before this update). There is a LOT of misinformation being spread around about this new update, and threads like this definitely don't help to dispel rumors and make things clear.

Things like Villian3DS and WiiUsbHelper are safe for now, but they will most likely get blocked from downloading and stop being useful in the upcoming weeks/months.

See the images below for more clarification.

DjeqK-2U0AAhUnI.jpg
unknown.png

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does freeshop or CIAngel actually use "NIM" that it would trigger this extra info being sent while on 11.8 anyway? That post kind of suggests not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo