Gaming Best games to play with an SNES Controller?

campbell0505

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just remembered I had some crappy $8 usb snes controller I got last year, and I’ve managed to get it working on Wii U with HIV to VPAD, and it actually works pretty well. What games on the Wii U would be good with it? Obviously SNES games will be, but games made for the Wii U too. I’ve already started playing Super Meat Boy with it and it works really well.

Here’s the controller:
OtjG5vA.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtual console for snes exist... or GBA... and NDS. :creep:

If you thought i wasn't serious by now, I have snes controller for my switch. And that has a load of snes games. Compilations be damned, mega man x legacy collection.

Or umm, you know, what that guy before me said. Shantae, axiom verge or something.

Or this... when is available. :P

upload_2020-7-2_20-42-4.png

Reactions: campbell0505

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

If you thought i wasn't serious by now, I have snes controller for my switch. And that has a load of snes games. Compilations be damned, mega man x legacy collection.

Or umm, you know, what that guy before me said. Shantae, axiom verge or something.

View attachment 215837
Well, he already mentioned the SNES Virtual Console. So I think he meant for Wii U games that might be a good fit for the SNES controller.

Reactions: campbell0505

campbell0505

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I imagine that the games that benefit the most from using a Retropad are retro inspired titles. Such as Freedom Planet, Mighty Switch Force, and Shovel Knight.
Thanks. I've got shovel knight on switch, but that's not homebrewed (kinda, it's got lineageos and lakka, but not proper homebrew) so I can't use my SNES controller, but I'll get it on Wii U for that, thanks! Thanks for the other recommendations too!

View attachment 215837
Thanks, I'll probably try Shantae and Axiom Verge at some point. Shakedown Hawaii is definently something I'll try out, I almost brought it for the switch but didn't. However, as far as I know, the Wii U version of it will be American, and my Wii U is European (Australian), so I might have to install a region free homebrew thingo.

Well, he already mentioned the SNES Virtual Console. So I think he meant for Wii U games that might be a good fit for the SNES controller.
Yep, that's what I meant, thanks.

Reactions: GABO1423

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wut