kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys.
So I have been looking on ebay at the thousands of different android mini pc's both stand alone and dongle types. I have seen quad core, duel core and varying amounts of ram. My question is out of all of these different bits of tech mostly from shady sounding Chinese sellers what should I be looking for?

I have found some with 1.8 ghz quad core processors and 2 gb of ram and they look the most promising to me but I want to make sure I get the most out of it. Steaming and emulators are what I wanted it for so do I need to look at any gpu things?
What do you recommend guys?

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I recommend the OUYA since it's most known and probably most compatible with games.
It fits the bill just fine, price is well within reach and, although it's 2 generations old, it's powerful enough to play most Android and emulators games plus the video playback.

kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I looked into those but it's a bit to game focused for what I need it for. Games are only a part of what I wanted one for. I was hoping to have xbmc on it to stream shows and stuff. I already have a moga pocket and a track pad and keyboard for any game needs I heard that some have dedicated gpu's and some don't. I don't know if that makes much of a difference though.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What kind of systems do you want to emulate? I use my laptop for emulation (8GB RAM, I5-2450m 2.5-3.1 GHz quad-core processor, AMD Radeon HD 7670M) and it plays nearly every emulator I could think of, including PSP, PS2, Wii, Gamecube, all at nearly full speed. If you could look at the emulators you want, and write down which hardware they require you can easily make a list of minimum hardware that you want. That makes it much easier to narrow down the sort of PC you want. I would not recommend the OUYA, or any other Android device, because some emulators are kinda buggy, or aren't very user friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1