Hacking Best Place to Buy in the UK?

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the best place to buy an AceKard 2i in the UK?

A place that can hopefully ship fast but one that is also cheap :3

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
PCJerry.

Although i'd still recommend Deal Extreme for pure cheapitude.

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All UK stores selling them are like £20 +

Deal Extreme is only £9, but any ideas how long Deal Extreme would take to deliver to UK? :\

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KicksDS said:
All UK stores selling them are like £20 +

Deal Extreme is only £9, but any ideas how long Deal Extreme would take to deliver to UK? :\

like most places about 2 weeks average to the UK but could be a little less remember they are based in HONG KONG
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
As recomended in your various other posts, DealExtreme. Cheap, and ships to the UK within a week. And like you said in your other thread, you're not bothered about chipping speeds. Come to think of it, why did you start this topic? You asked this question in one of your other threads, Acekard has a list of places on their site where you can buy Acekards, and there's there's a think called 'Searching'.

ShatteredScreens has a new best friend.

From my own experience, it took a week for my AK2i to get here, and it was advertised as '2-5 days shipping', and I ordered in on a Sunday... so not too bad.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
STOP RECOMMENDING DEAL EXTREME.

I looked at the GBATemp affiliates, one shop was www.gamezway.com.

They sell the Acekard 2i for the same price, and the same free shipping.
The difference is you don't wait for the damn thing to be shipped, they ship it the same day!

I had to wait 10 days for my Acekard to be not shipped from DX.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my 3-in-1 Friday, it was shipped yesterday (Saturday). It'll be here within a week. I'm satisfied, and I'll carry on reccomending sites that I've had no trouble with (which is why I do not reccomend GameByGame, feaking liers).

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies, but I decided to order from deal extreme, it's only £9 and I suppose I can wait a week :]

MarioKart should keep me busy until then.

lbt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KicksDS said:
Thanks for all the replies, but I decided to order from deal extreme, it's only £9 and I suppose I can wait a week :]

More and more people are complaining that their Acekards aren't being sent at DX, some have waited a month already and it's not even shipped.
I ordered mine two weeks ago, and today a message popped up in my order status "ETA: 5/19/09"... I don't know if I can trust this message, because it always said "3-5 business days" on the article page.
I you don't mind waiting WEEKS, then order at DX, otherwise invest $5 and order somwhere else. :/

edit: My order changed to "ready" today, let's see what that means

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lbt said:
KicksDS said:

More and more people are complaining that their Acekards aren't being sent at DX, some have waited a month already and it's not even shipped.
I ordered mine two weeks ago, and today a message popped up in my order status "ETA: 5/19/09"... I don't know if I can trust this message, because it always said "3-5 business days" on the article page.
I you don't mind waiting WEEKS, then order at DX, otherwise invest $5 and order somwhere else. :/

edit: My order changed to "ready" today, let's see what that means

I hope it comes within 10 days >_>

If not then, well DX fails -.-

But anything over 5 days and it not being shipped is a joke, even over 3 days its a joke

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
They do actually tell you how long things take...

It's something like the first step is 1-3 days, the second step is >1 day, the third step is another day and for it to get from China to your destination 10-14 days.

So that's 13-16 days it should take, so you can't say 'if it takes more than a week they f4i1' because they've warned you, and you ordered. You've got no grounds to complain.

However, stuff has arrived for me within a week, which was awesome. It's quicker than some other places I bought from, and they charged for shipping.

On another note, GameByGame claim to have to lowest online price of the CycloDS. A quick search will find you at least 3 other sites offering a lower price, and lower shipping fees. they have loads of crap about 'what's the true price' 'free shipping' all over the site, whilst DX chared a 3rd the price GBG did, and it was going to cost $16 to post it! Why GBAtemp recommend them so much is a mystery to me.

KicksDS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I ordered my AceKard from DX it had like a printable page, saying transaction complete, and giving me a receipt ID

is that the id I use for order tracking?

Because when I try it it says:

The order or receipt number, and the e-mail address you have provided matched no order in our database.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, works for me. Unless I'm getting confused... But I'm fairly sure I use the recipt number. I'll double check tomorrow I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGUSiYQFAQ