PS1/2 Best PS2 SLIM Softmod?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had someone install Free McBoot to my memory card. and everything works fine. (:
No opening the PS2 or covering sensors, just a few simple files taking up a little space on the card lets you load from USB drives and of course discs.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
Do you know what method they used to install McBoot? Did you already own of the discs?
I don't know what method he used to get his, but there's a package you use if you already have it installed, to install it to someone else's card.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So after looking at some things what I've gathered is I need either an Action Replay, Codebreaker, SwapMagic, or some odd memory card with usb. I don't have any of those things, so which is cheaper? Buying a modchip, or buying one of the hack discs?

obaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
I've seen a lot of methods, but I don't know which ones are the best.
Anyone who has a ps2 slim softmodded, how did you do it?

Thanks.
AFAIK. There is only one software method of running homebrew on ps2 - freeMCboot. and there is only 2 method of playing backups - ESR and open usb loader. 1-st one has moor compatibility, second one more innovative.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
So after looking at some things what I've gathered is I need either an Action Replay, Codebreaker, SwapMagic, or some odd memory card with usb. I don't have any of those things, so which is cheaper? Buying a modchip, or buying one of the hack discs?
SwapMagic runs around 20-25, and memor 32 memory card would be expensive. AR, Codebreaker, or a compatible game should be cheaper if you can find one used locally. Having someone install FMB on a memory card shouldn't cost too much either. A modchip can be had for $8, although it is not a softmod or is it easy to install.

QUOTE(obaz @ May 29 2011, 09:37 PM) AFAIK. There is only one software method of running homebrew on ps2 - freeMCboot. and there is only 2 method of playing backups - ESR and open usb loader. 1-st one has moor compatibility, second one more innovative.

There are older methods like Independence Exploit, which used a PS1 disc for some buffer overflow bug which exist in older PS2. ESR and open PS2 loader is recommended now a days. Old backup loader include cogswap, hdadvance, usbadvance...

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought action replay + usb stick, patching my discs with ESR, loading them in my ps2 with Freemcboot. Works like a charm.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll check my local used game store for a copy of one of those hack discs. If I can't find it, I'll just order a swapmagic online I suppose. Thanks guys.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
I'll check my local used game store for a copy of one of those hack discs. If I can't find it, I'll just order a swapmagic online I suppose. Thanks guys.
You can always buy a game and do the swap trick to install FMCB

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
DunkrWunkah said:
Right, im going to see if I can buy a game soon from the used game store.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
KirbyBoy said:
DunkrWunkah said:
I would suggest Agent Under Fire, it usually works the best.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
DunkrWunkah said:
KirbyBoy said:
DunkrWunkah said:
I would suggest Agent Under Fire, it usually works the best.
Okay I'll look for that. I wonder if they're open on memorial day?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste