Gaming "best" sudoku NDS game?

ryohki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey guys, just wondering for all the sudoku nuts out there, which is the best NDS game?
my gf love brain training for it's sudoku, and I want to give her a few more options
I'd go for picross, but I don't want to daunt her with a japanese game.
hell, I'm just impressed she wants to play the DS at all.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudoku Master (aka Sudoku Gridmaster) is one of the better stand-alone games. And if you want Picross, Essential Sudoku DS contains 1000 Sudoku and 1000 Picross, and it's in English. (Picross DS itself will be released in Europe soonish, as well).

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just wondering for all the sudoku nuts out there, which is the best NDS game?
my gf love brain training for it's sudoku, and I want to give her a few more options
I'd go for picross, but I don't want to daunt her with a japanese game.
hell, I'm just impressed she wants to play the DS at all.

I'm in almost the exact same situation, dude.

My girlfriend, someone who's never really played video games before, has become obsessed with picross. Once you get into the game, the menus being in Japanese aren't really that much of a problem.

My girlfriend also LOVES sudoku, so it might be worth your while to just see what she thinks about it. At the very least, maybe run it by her once it gets released in English.

Kenzya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Essential Sudoku DOES NOT DO 5'S HOLY SHIT. I can't fucking do it... oh god.

I can not get even one five to register. It always ends up as an 8 or 9.

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picross is only good for the first simple puzzles but once you get to the big puzzles the controls are all screwed up. It's terrible. I agree with what this guys said in his review of it. http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/dsrev/roundup3.htm

The best "Picross" title I like is definitely 0679 - Puzzle Series Volume 6: Illust Logic and May 25th in a month Iraroji VOW is scheduled to come out which may be a decent "picross" title.

Sudoku Gridmaster I agree is the best one out there.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Picross is only good for the first simple puzzles but once you get to the big puzzles the controls are all screwed up. It's terrible. I agree with what this guys said in his review of it. http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/dsrev/roundup3.htm

The best "Picross" title I like is definitely 0679 - Puzzle Series Volume 6: Illust Logic and May 25th in a month Iraroji VOW is scheduled to come out which may be a decent "picross" title.

Sudoku Gridmaster I agree is the best one out there.

Thanks for the tip. The girlfriend and I are going to be waist deep in Picross for the next few months, apparently.

Though, I disagree with the comment about the controls sucking on Picross DS. I actually think that the controls are very intuitive. Don't touch the D pad and the stylus drags the screen around. Hold up and you're coloring in boxes, hold down and you're writing an 'x' in the box.

The problem lies in being able to reference the number clues while you're in the lower, right, or lower-right portions of the puzzle. The game moves a couple of the numbers into the puzzle so that you can still see them, but only the row/column that you have selected, and the ones next to them (if that makes any sense.) You should always be able to see all the numbers for the puzzle, in my opinion.

And the review lied in saying that the biggest grid that Picross DS has is 15x15. They eventually get up to 15x20 puzzles.

NDSkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as others have said... brainage sudoku has the best interface. i cant touch the other games after having played this.

if only nintendo made an entire sdukoku cart.

Xcursion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm another fan of sudoku gridmaster, although i ust admit... not having tried the other ones mentioned, i can't really judge them
smile.gif

never looked into zendoku for the person who asked if anyone likes it, whats it about? (lazy and need to get to sleep otherwise i'd check)

as far as sudoku gridmaster, i haven't honestly played it as much as i'm sure others have... i've just recently gotten into sudoku at all, so i'm not GOOD at it, i'm able to complete most every oneo f the easy rated puzzles i've come across, the first few on the normal setting i have kinda stumbled along
smile.gif
pretty nicei nterface in my opinion as well. its simple and well its sudoku what more you want from it

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

That's exactly why I switched from Essential Sudoku to Sudoku Gridmaster. Better interface, IMO. You can tap the number you want instead of enlarge box > write the wrong number > shrink box.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country

I had the exact same problem - if you use the D-pad and A button to select a square you can just pick a number though. I don't know why they didn't just implement a number pad you can control with the touchscreen rather than their godawful handwriting recognition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a