Best Switch OLED Modchip?

Hello all.

I have been out of the loop for a while, and was wondering what the best ship for modding an OLED switch was? With the release of the new pico chips and the possibility of a flash cart being on the way, I don’t know if the HWFLY still relevant. Basically what I really want to know is what is the flat out best way to mod my switch when it comes to ease of install and capability. Any and all help is appreciated.

Edit: I know there are several other threads like this one, but between all of the other threads, it is confusing as to which one is the best as of now due to the different use cases that people have. I mainly just want to run Android and have homebrew capabilities.

Last edited by Modder_Boi,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I have been out of the loop for a while, and was wondering what the best ship for modding an OLED switch was? With the release of the new pico chips and the possibility of a flash cart being on the way, I don’t know if the HWFLY still relevant. Basically what I really want to know is what is the flat out best way to mod my switch when it comes to ease of install and capability. Any and all help is appreciated.

Edit: I know there are several other threads like this one, but between all of the other threads, it is confusing as to which one is the best as of now due to the different use cases that people have. I mainly just want to run Android and have homebrew capabilities.
Picofly is recommended. Not only reprogrammable easily, but also its low-cost around $6-$10.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Woody211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do some more research on the different models before deciding which to start with. V1/V2 easiest, then lite, oled hardest.
Practicing on a switch console is risky, find some old electronics.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Modder_Boi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't solder then hire someone to solder.
I am able to do the soldering part, but grinding the mobo for the kamikaze method seems a little beyond my skill level. All of the other methods seem even more high risk than that, so I don’t even want to attempt them. I didn’t know about the different methods until after making this post, and I don’t think I am going to go the OLED route unless there is a easier way.

I have limited resources right now and am unable to do a lot of research or watch many videos about modchiping switches. Due to this I have to ask others about their personal experience and thoughts about topics I am not familiar with, not out of laziness, but because I can’t do it my self.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have limited resources right now and am unable to do a lot of research or watch many videos about modchiping switches. Due to this I have to ask others about their personal experience and thoughts about topics I am not familiar with, not out of laziness, but because I can’t do it my self.
Not to be rude, but maybe do your research first before asking? If you're not capable at soldering a modchip of this type, then either ask somebody you know who is a professional, or go to a repair shop and ask them to do it for you.

Woody211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you haven't got a couple of hours to watch a few YouTube videos what's the point in modding you switch. Sounds like you won't have the time to even use it. Do you even have a couple of hours spare time to install the mod.?
If you can already solder them monkey see monkey do watching one 20 minute video tutorial should be simple.. would have taken less time than typing your posts here..
Your logic does not compute

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto