Jepeto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Im about to receive my nintendo ds with an r4, and i was wondering what is the game that make the best use of the potential of the touch screen, and are fun to play.
I saw that the kirby canvas course game use a lot of the potential for the touch thing, but it has to be some other good games that use it better???....
Im listening for suggestions.
Thanks!!

nick22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Personally I think Warioware is a good game if you like some touch screen minigames. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I know it's a rather old ds-game; but it's still an enjoyable and funny game -- but that's just me
wink.gif

edit: the full name is WarioWare touched!, you'll find it as rom n° 5 (U) and 18 (E)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think canvas curse was a bad game
frown.gif
nice idea, but to stressed (kirby walking by himself, and you have to make him turn and roll and.. ahh.. it got to stressy for me).

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is a game which make use of the touchscreen in a good way. and it's fun as hell.. A lot of people will recommend it
wink.gif
(English "make over" with american music: Elite Beat Agents)

Then I think Hotel Dusk: Room 216 (or 215 or something... don't remember the number
tongue.gif
) Oh, and by the same guys: Another Code (Good but short).

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales.. or whatever the name is (Confused about changing names for J and U).

and Advance Wars is kinda fun... for a while
tongue.gif

Can't remember any more right now...
tongue.gif

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouendan and Elite Beat Agent gotta be the best games with touch screen.

Hotel Dusk has some innovative uses of the DS too

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents makes fantastic use (even though Ouendan is better!)

Trauma center is another one that couldn't have been done without touch screen.

Wario Ware is another.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That one where the bears spank each other.

Best game ever.

I don't think eba is the best use of a touch screen though (thats not to say the game isn't good, but it's just a basic press at a specific point game).

Cooking mama and trauma centre are definitely two of the best though.

As for chocobo tales, I like the message at the beggining "this game can only be controlled by the stylus, you do not use the buttons during this game", and then when in-game virtually everything is controllable by the d-pad and buttons.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can vouch for kirby canvas curse, I bought the game.. very fun, some of the puzzles reminded me of past metroid games too.. which is very good

metroid prime hunters, perfect use

...really I haven't played a DS game that felt like it was using the touch screen badly.. maybe castlevania DoS.. getting rid of ice and drawing seals was kinda dumb..

Emerson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like games where the stylus is well implemented yet not a major point of gameplay. Examples would be Lost in Blue, Phoenix Wright, Pokemon, etc. If I want to use the stylus, I can, but I don't have to use it the whole game.

EBA is awesome though.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Touch screen games make me sad. Mine is permanantly uncalibrated.
Get a new one on ebay!

Pac Pix is an awesome use of the touchscreen.
Lost in Blue 2 is a button game a lot of the time but uses the touchscreen very well where it's useful. Phoenix Wright can be navigated comfortably with a finger, I love that.
Of course there are lots of puzzle, strategy and sim games that use it, like Polarium, Meteos, Puzzle Quest, Advance Wars DS, Theme Park.
Nodame Cantabile, EBA and Ouendan have already been mentioned. There is also Electroplankton and the Guitar thingie.
Don't forget homebrew: Gioioso, Axe, Tetatt DS, Nibbles DS, Eurotunnel, dsHeretic, No Place to Hide, Way of the Rain, Rubber Bands, Squares 2, Lemmings DS, World of Sand, Bge palet, NDS Sports, Ribbon, ...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pac'n'Roll played fairly well.

Best use, probably Kirby Canvas, Nintendogs, Mario Vs DK 2 and Wario Ware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU