Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just to make sure I understand the problem, when building d2x cIOS on v4.5.6+ the base IOS is downloaded successfully, but when it finishes building the cIOS it fails md5 verification, then when attempting to install these cIOSs (despite being labelled invalid) they would not install on your Wii.

If this is accurate, be sure to say "correct" before elaborating if u must. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, I don't mean to be, I'm tired and your confusing me, lol, keep it simple for my sleep deprived brain, lol, thx

edit: DeadlyFoez? Awake? At this hour? What the?! *does double take*

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
correct, LOL

BTW. its 7:45 in the morning here, i was up all night trying to solve this problem...
Oh, and the d2x v6 beta 1 wad i build with ModMii 4.5.5 worsk great...

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
K, I think ur system is doing something weird, cuz it works fine over here. And I've tested on 3 different pc's personally, win7, win 7-64x and win xp (and that's just me!). Anyways, I'll PM u about it and see if I can figure out what it is your PC is doing differently.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Just to make sure I understand the problem, when building d2x cIOS on v4.5.6+ the base IOS is downloaded successfully, but when it finishes building the cIOS it fails md5 verification, then when attempting to install these cIOSs (despite being labelled invalid) they would not install on your Wii.

If this is accurate, be sure to say "correct" before elaborating if u must. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, I don't mean to be, I'm tired and your confusing me, lol, keep it simple for my sleep deprived brain, lol, thx

That is just part of being really really old, so don't feel bad old man.
wink.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
MarcusIronfist said:
Can you more clearly define what you mean by "a read-a-lot and edit stuff type of person"? Since I modded my Wii (a LU54 series we've owned since before Christmas 2007), I have not had to "edit stuff" because the people who wrote most of the homebrew apps I've tried were smart enough to "idiot-proof" their program...

You've "not had to" ?!?!

I don't NEED to either, but I LIKE to. I'm guessing you modded your wii for 1 reason and 1 reason only (backups ?), well good for you and I'm glad you managed that. I myself like to make new things or change how things act so I often come into contact with files I can't extract to a FAT FS.

It's rare, but it happens all the time to me because I go looking for it
tongue.gif

Oh which reminds me if anyone reading this has sneek/uneek running fine and the game "Racket Sports Party" id4 = SRQP plus about 5-10 minutes of time please send me a pm as I need something tested that will help a few devs with some apps, (yeah I know no one will see this)

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
MarcusIronfist said:
Can you more clearly define what you mean by "a read-a-lot and edit stuff type of person"? Since I modded my Wii (a LU54 series we've owned since before Christmas 2007), I have not had to "edit stuff" because the people who wrote most of the homebrew apps I've tried were smart enough to "idiot-proof" their program...

You've "not had to" ?!?!

I don't NEED to either, but I LIKE to. I'm guessing you modded your wii for 1 reason and 1 reason only (backups ?), well good for you and I'm glad you managed that. I myself like to make new things or change how things act so I often come into contact with files I can't extract to a FAT FS.

It's rare, but it happens all the time to me because I go looking for it
tongue.gif

Oh which reminds me if anyone reading this has sneek/uneek running fine and the game "Racket Sports Party" id4 = SRQP plus about 5-10 minutes of time please send me a pm as I need something tested that will help a few devs with some apps, (yeah I know no one will see this)
Slim, I like to tweak things, but only when I am certain I can do it without "breaking" it. It's one thing to screw up my PCs, I can fix them very easily. But I am very worried about screwing up our Wii...

I have PC's that run Linux just so I can futz around with them (and I regularly do things that "break" the OS just to test the boundaries)... The only reason I use Windoze on any of my machines is because I don't have enough power on any of them to successfully run my Win32 games on Linux through Wine...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all, if you have the same problem as described below (Open the spoiler) when running modmii you can do the following:

Open a dosbox and type in the following command:

set PATH=[system32 folder location];%PATH%

For Windows XP you have to type c: \windows\system32 (without the space) in between the brackets. The %PATH% is for preserving all previous values of PATH. I do not know if this also is the case with other Windows versions.

Somehow Modmii needs this to work correctly in a few rare cases.

Etheboss said:
KoolKidsKlub said:
I still get the same thing and I'm already up to date on Windows Update. Any more ideas?
WiiBricker said:
Anyone can confirm the error code ret = -1017 during an attempt to install Wads built with ModMii 4.5.6 and higher?
With ModMii 4.5.7 I now get the same error as KoolKidsKlub, before updating to 4.5.7 ( i was on 4.5.5) no problems with the wads...
Whats even worse, i now am unable to install the WAD files...MMM gives me an error code -1022 (much like WiiBricker's error).
I always was able to install previous WAD files (with IOS236) and now it doesn't work anymore...

PS. I still can install other WAD files..(including the original rev 21 from wanin)
......I also can install Wanins rev. 21 with his installer.

XFlak said:
which wads are u having trouble installing? the only ones to have changed were the d2x v4 cIOSs... and the d2x v6beta1 cIOSs released a few hours ago made with ModMii v4.5.6+ are even playing ios-reloading games great, so it's weird that ur having problems and others are having no trouble with the latest ModMii

edit: were u getting the invalid file error and then tried installing those invalid files??
Etheboss said:
No, i also got the invalid file error when i choose the v4 files (not the beta) in ModMii 4.5.7.

I did some more testing, i downloaded 4.5.5. again, i placed the v6 beta 1 files in the d2x-beta folder en let 4.5.5. create the wad files, i CAN install them with MMM, no errors.

if i try the same with 4.5.7. i get the 1022 error when installing the WADs.
(this happens also when i create the v4 wads and install them with MMM..)

I hope its clear now, i really do believe something goes wrong with version 4.5.7. with building the wad files..

Edit: also tested 4.5.6...same problem as 4.5.7...
XFlak said:
what's weird is that I'm able to construct the v4 cIOSs using both versions and they're always valid

if ur getting reports of them being invalid, it means for some reason the 2 of u aren't able to build the same wads as everyone else. Since I haven't had a flood of reports on this, I assume there's something odd about your Windows set ups that the 2 of u share. I could be wrong, if u confirm u are unable to build "valid" files (valid according to ModMii) in v4.5.7, I will look into it when I get a chance, and prolly need to PM u some tests to run

edit: can u confirm that u other cIOSs, like v21 cIOSs are still "valid"?
Etheboss said:
Yeah, i don't mind you PM ing me some test files, in the mean time i will stay on 4.5.5..

Hopefully you find something, i am pretty sure i isolated my problem to 4.5.6 and 4.5.7...

Edit: Only the d2x ones give me the invalid error...

Greetz
Etheboss
QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 3 2011, 07:36 AM)

QUOTE(Etheboss @ Jun 3 2011, 07:41 AM)
correct, LOL

BTW. its 7:45 in the morning here, i was up all night trying to solve this problem...
Oh, and the d2x v6 beta 1 wad i build with ModMii 4.5.5 worsk great...
QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 3 2011, 07:46 AM)
K, I think ur system is doing something weird, cuz it works fine over here. And I've tested on 3 different pc's personally, win7, win 7-64x and win xp (and that's just me!). Anyways, I'll PM u about it and see if I can figure out what it is your PC is doing differently.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried modmii 4.5.7, but at the moment is impossible to build sneek/uneek, because it says .
warning: some files required for sneek install are missing. aborting sneek installation ..........

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scooby74029 said:
@Xflak

There was an update for sneek

r155 fix for GodFather Black Hand Edition

the files have already been replaced on sneeky-compiler site so modmii should now be building r155 of s/uneek right?

yes cool

r155 GodFather work

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I sent scooby the following PM about it about 12 hrs ago, so hopefully he'll be reading it soon
QUOTE said:
Dude, ModMii's not working, can you change the download description from
fsmodule-usb r155
to
fsmodule-usb_r155

that's how u had it named before and I asked u if u were going to change the naming convention, but yeah, I shoulda mentioned I also meant the description too, the important thing is to make sure it's always like this exactly "fsmodule-usb_rXXX", it's how I check to see what rev is being hosted

Thanks man
Once scooby adds an underscore to the description like it had before it will start working again.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I should point out that I could put out an update to ModMii to support the new naming convention, but it would be a silly pointless update... and I can't be putting out updates all the time just cuz scooby makes changes to descriptions' naming convention. Anyways, point is it's easier for him to change the description and maintain the same naming convention than it is for me to put out updates to compensate. I'm sure scooby will get ontop of this soon anyways, he's a prompt kind of guy
biggrin.gif

@scooby, if you're confident this mix up won't happen again, cool. If not, can you consider adding me to your sneeky-compiler google code page as a contributer, committer or owner so that if this ever comes up again, I can personally change the description without having to bother you. And just so you know, even if you give me those permissions I won't make any changes to your google code page other than to change the description of downloads in (hopefully rare) cases like this one in order to restore support for ModMii's Sneek Installer. I'd actually very much like to be given permissions to that google code page, that way if you ever go on vacation or whatever, I'll still be able to manually update the modules hosted there in your absense if need be. The email address I use on google code is: [email protected]

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks zizer , but i know what i can use to compile sneek, ,my last post was only for information.

confirmed: now works again ( r155)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1d3daJ0HE