Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No one is working on French translations at the moment. If anyone is willing to take on the job, send me a PM.

XFlak said:
ketufe said:
XFlak said:
Calling all French ModMii users, mamule is swamped and cannot continue translating ModMii into French at the moment... any other volunteers?
what ?
I need someone to take on the job of updating ModMii French from v4.6.1 to v4.7.0 (or 4.7.1, which will likely be released in a couple days). Note, this was a massive update and is going to take a lot of time and work to do.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
How To Customize Your ModMii Icon!

I just wanted to let everyone know that u can (partially) customize your ModMii icon in ModMii v4.7.1 and higher!

Inside ModMii's "Support" folder there is an icon.ico file, u can replace this with any icon you want and ModMii will launch using that icon.
So if you prefer a different ModMii icon (lots to choose from HERE) you can now use that instead!

Note: this will not change the icon of ModMii.exe or any shortcuts to ModMii.exe, it will only change the icon used while ModMii is actually running. Also note that the icon will revert back to the original after performing a ModMii update.

I'm curious to see if anyone actually makes use of this option, if you give it a try, let us know
biggrin.gif

PS.
It's funny that I didn't think of this possibility until last night and the functionality has been there since I released v4.7.1!

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
@ChrisLuther,
That's odd... in v4.7.0 I started using scooby's cmd line version of theme mii to construct themes (instead of large & time consuming diff files). The only requirement is .NET Framework 3.5. For me it works perfectly 99% of the time (on Windows 7 and XP), occasionally an exception window will pop up (but unless your building >100 themes you probably won't ever see it, chances of the harmless error seem pretty slim), but it's always been successful on the second try. Anyways, can you take a screen shot of the problem (if you need to pause the ModMii script to keep the error on-screen, press "Ctrl+C")? Since this has been tested thoroughly by beta testers and now also all ModMii users... I suspect the problem lies with your windows setup... odd that you're encountering the same issue on multiple PCs. Anyways, try a clean ModMii installation and see if the problem persists.
I think this is probably just affecting me. After running some tests the error lies during the first run of ThemeMii.

I have ModMii installed to C:\ModMii which is a symbolic link to a network share running on a QNAP TS-509 Pro.
I have copied the contents of C:\ModMii to C:\ModMii4.7.1
Modmii.Bat has had >nul removed from ThemeMii command lines and pause before temp.csm is deleted

SFK run against 0000009a_4.3E.app in both locations check out as match.
sfk md5 C:\ModMii4.7.1\temp000009a_4.3E.app C:\ModMii\temp000009a_4.3E.app
41310f79497c56850c37676074ee1237 C:\ModMii4.7.1\temp000009a_4.3E.app
41310f79497c56850c37676074ee1237 C:\ModMii\temp000009a_4.3E.app
content is equal (RC==0)

SFK run against darkwii_blue_pal.mym in both locations check out as match
sfk md5 C:\ModMii4.7.1\temp\darkwii_blue_pal.mym C:\ModMii\temp\darkwii_blue_pal.mym
1f41360061e112a987a458609fe72b8c C:\ModMii4.7.1\temp\darkwii_blue_pal.mym
1f41360061e112a987a458609fe72b8c C:\ModMii\temp\darkwii_blue_pal.mym
content is equal (RC==0)

However somewhere along the line when run from the symbolic linked folder it creates a wrong temp.csm file
C:\ModMii\Support>sfk md5 C:\ModMii4.7.1\temp\temp.csm C:\ModMii\temp\temp.csm
3defbe5699c630b3d3192123ca3c1e27 C:\ModMii4.7.1\temp\temp.csm
cab478ba9a2bf800c3612502107ec1f9 C:\ModMii\temp\temp.csm
content mismatch (RC==1)
however when run from the duplicate it builds and verifies w/o any issue.
Other than building themes everything else works fine. As this is only a problem for me then please don't spend any time looking into this.

Chris

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does modmii install the wads necessary for vc/wiiware?
I won't dive into those games for a long while but was curious if it's the same as wii/gc games (get a backup loader, get games, run through vc/wiiware loader)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Hai.

I used this nifty program to mod my first Wii, a brand new black one with system menu 4.3e as standard.
I am delighted to say it worked perfectly
smile.gif
. Very easy to use, very straight forward. Thank you for this great tool!

One thing I noticed though, there doesnt seem to be a dedicated channel for WiiFlow bundled in it.
Might be something to add if you are like me and want to test all different loaders to find the one you like the best
smile.gif
. (not that it was hard to find on these forums though
smile.gif
)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lucif3r said:
Hai.

I used this nifty program to mod my first Wii, a brand new black one with system menu 4.3e as standard.
I am delighted to say it worked perfectly
smile.gif
. Very easy to use, very straight forward. Thank you for this great tool!

One thing I noticed though, there doesnt seem to be a dedicated channel for WiiFlow bundled in it.
Might be something to add if you are like me and want to test all different loaders to find the one you like the best
smile.gif
. (not that it was hard to find on these forums though
smile.gif
)
Solution is to remove all loaders but Cfg since it's best. Lol, j/k (but not about it being the best).

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Solution is to remove all loaders but Cfg since it's best. Lol, j/k (but not about it being the best).

"haha"
wink.gif

Although I almost agree with you, cfg hasnt failed me once, while wiiflow has frozen a few times.
I cant seem to get cfg to save the appearance setting though, I want it to be flow3dcovers (or w/e its called). Probably me whos doing something wrong though
tongue.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lucif3r said:
JoostinOnline said:

"haha"
wink.gif

Although I almost agree with you, cfg hasnt failed me once, while wiiflow has frozen a few times.
I cant seem to get cfg to save the appearance setting though, I want it to be flow3dcovers (or w/e its called). Probably me whos doing something wrong though
tongue.gif
Press 1, choose Style, change your settings, choose System, and select Save Settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!