JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed this but what is the purpose of building d2x with base IOS60/70/80?
No real reason, just because davebaol requested it.

I understand these are SM IOS but the only reason I remember patching the SM IOS for is to get unpurchased WW/VC games to run from SD card. Maybe I can be educated a little bit on this...
No, the patches are also for brick protection, especially the patched dip module, which allows you to run recovery discs (such as the BLIND one) from the recovery menu, assuming that you can play backup discs. A side effect is allowing you to play pirated games, but ModMii does not support piracy.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed this but what is the purpose of building d2x with base IOS60/70/80?

I understand these are SM IOS but the only reason I remember patching the SM IOS for is to get unpurchased WW/VC games to run from SD card. Maybe I can be educated a little bit on this...
No, the patches are also for brick protection, especially the patched dip module, which allows you to run recovery discs (such as the BLIND one) from the recovery menu, assuming that you can play backup discs. A side effect is allowing you to play pirated games, but ModMii does not support piracy.
Yeah but from the SM IOS? Would you not need to patch the necessary IOS for that game to run? I'm confused how patching the SM IOS effects the ability to play burnt games.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah but from the SM IOS? Would you not need to patch the necessary IOS for that game to run? I'm confused how patching the SM IOS effects the ability to play burnt games.
Recovery discs are usually set to use 249 or 250. Your SM needs a patched dip module to launch them from the recovery menu (or the regular one actually), then a patched one for the disc to run on.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

AlinaReyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I need help. I installed modwii and ran it. I followed the wizard and put the files from the "copy to sd" folder onto the root of the sd card. When I put it into the Wii it reconizes the sd card but there is nothing to ran. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong ? Do I format the SD card to FAT, FAT32, NTFS ?

use FAT32

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
HI XFLAK
i m trying modmii 5.2.0 but when i try to build an emulated nand ( with dml) , it failed to download dml-r .wad
i have tried different solutions but always same situation

this from nandinfo.txt
=================================================
4.3E Emulated NAND created by ModMii on 19/01/2012
==================================================
setting.txt built using this serial: LEH133789940
nSwitch Channel Installed
DML-r19.WAD Constructed (install to real NAND)
------
Errors
------
DML-r.wad: Missing

i have the same issue, after three times, an after removing the temp an redownloading, all r- versions.
4.2U Emulated NAND created by ModMii on Thu 01/19/2012
==================================================
setting.txt built using this serial: LU521175683
Custom System Menu Theme Installed - Dark Wii Green
nSwitch Channel Installed
Post Loader Forwarder Channel Installed
cIOS249 rev14 Installed
DML-r13.WAD Constructed (install to real NAND)
------
Errors
------
DML-r.wad: Missing

I was able to replicate the problem and fix it. I'll release ModMii v5.2.1 with this bug fix when I get home from work.

If anyone has any good changelog jokes for me drop me a PM. If I like it and use it, you'll earn yourself an Easter Egg :D

WiiFool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='tueidj'],
Thx for your input, it's always appreciated here :D

@[member='Imphal'],
if the only issue is some lines running through the picture when running the hackmii installer... who cares! If u have the same line issue when using your wii normally you should either try a different tv or try adjusting your video mode settings via the wii menu.

@[member='WiiFool'],
Thx man! Basically some hard drives aren't compatible with the recommended cIOSs, and a cIOS with base IOS58 will get the hard drive working but won't operate as good as base 56 or base 57 (you should still be able to play most games though). You can try installing a d2x v8 beta with base IOS58 and see if you have better luck (I kind of doubt it though). To grab one of those just go to ModMii's download page 4 and type "beta", then select your beta, then type "249d2x58", "d", "y". If it doesn't work you can post in the d2x thread and maybe davebaol might be able to get compatibility up with base IOS58 (don't get your hopes up though). In the end, the best course of action for you would be to get yourself a decent hard drive; like a western digital or seagate hard drive (check out the compatibility list before purchasing anything just in case). Then you should be able to use base56 and base57 cIOSs.
@[member='XFlak'] your still are a star. Checked & my hdd is on the compatibility list 320gd verbatim 2.5hdd. Tried installing a d2x v8 beta with base IOS58 , which still hasn't improved things for me. Also tried IOS 223mload which made things worse (couldn't find the drive at all? so gone back to previous IOS 249. Still scratching my head so have posted in the d2x thread hopefully davebaol can think of something. Have used your name to give me some cred (but still a newbie) Just wanted to say Thx for your time & help... you make this world a better place... keep up the good work... laters

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 5.2.1 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
5.2.1 Changelog
  • Fixed bug where DML was not downloaded when building an emulated NAND.

Reactions: 1 person

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi xflak
now modmii 5.2.1 works well ( bug dml fixed)

i have same questions
can you explain me this part of changelog:
I want to extend a big thank you to crediar for continuing to work on DML
and addressing the issues that DML was facing when running from bootmii IOS.
Your solution to install DML on the real NAND to slot 257 solved a lot of
problems and the scene thanks you. I also want to recognize WiiPower who
has become increasingly involved in the DML project.

HOW can i install dml to slot 257?

other question
neek2o rev70+ now uses SNEEKInstallerv0.7a instead of SNEEKInstallerv0.6c.

At the moment modmii offers the possibility to download r69 or 64 , so is normal that after it download sneek installer 0.6 c and not v0.7a
becuase i have tried it but i have seen that it downloads sneek installer 0,.6c

thanks

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Recovery discs are usually set to use 249 or 250. Your SM needs a patched dip module to launch them from the recovery menu (or the regular one actually), then a patched one for the disc to run on.
I'm using those bases to investigate tintin issue which works only from disc channel even if system ios and game ios are d2x cios.
This means that the game doesn't detect the cios.
Also having d2x as system ios I can dump mem to sd on game launch from the disc channel.

Ah if you have usb gecko and d2x has debug mode enabled you can see debug info while you click around on the system menu. This is really instructive and tells you how it works.

In conclusion, those bases are mainly intended fo the insiders.

elpontiff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob. here...I just complete the Softmod by XFlak (Cheers dude!!!) using letter bomb and I have everthing on my SD card, but before I install it in my Wii, I just found out that there is an update to 5.2.1. Is there any way to install the update on my SD Card before Modding my Wii... Or will I need to re-format SD card and start the process all over again. Thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='wasabisun'],
I was trying to avoid using the term MIOS in the changelog because I know crediar doesn't want to call DML a cMIOS and I was trying to draw attention away from that. But MIOS is installed to slot 257, so when I say "install DML on the real NAND to slot 257" it's the same as saying "install DML on the real NAND as an MIOS replacement" (I''m still forcing myself to avoid using the term cMIOS, lol)

re. your other question, it is working as intending. Versions of neek2o less than 70 still need the old installer, and once v70 (or higher) is hosted on the custom-di google code page ModMii will build it using the new installer (as it is required).

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noob. here...I just complete the Softmod by XFlak (Cheers dude!!!) using letter bomb and I have everthing on my SD card, but before I install it in my Wii, I just found out that there is an update to 5.2.1. Is there any way to install the update on my SD Card before Modding my Wii... Or will I need to re-format SD card and start the process all over again. Thanks
Not needed..nothing has changed for softmodding....as you can see in the changelog..

5.2.1 Changelog
  • Fixed bug where DML was not downloaded when building an emulated NAND.

wasabisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='wasabisun'],
I was trying to avoid using the term MIOS in the changelog because I know crediar doesn't want to call DML a cMIOS and I was trying to draw attention away from that. But MIOS is installed to slot 257, so when I say "install DML on the real NAND to slot 257" it's the same as saying "install DML on the real NAND as an MIOS replacement" (I''m still forcing myself to avoid using the term cMIOS, lol)

re. your other question, it is working as intending. Versions of neek2o less than 70 still need the old installer, and once v70 (or higher) is hosted on the custom-di google code page ModMii will build it using the new installer (as it is required).

thanks
ok, now i understand, the changelog had made confusion in my mind :D

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='elpontiff'],
What version of ModMii did you use? ModMii v5.2.1 was a minor update, so your guide and files would be the same regardless of whether you used 5.2.0 or 5.2.1. To see what's changed read the changelog (see first post), if nothing's been mentioned in the changelog (since the version you used) regarding the ModMii wizard then there is no need to repeat the process. That being said, ModMii keeps a temp folder so it doesn't need to download files twice. So if you were to repeat the wizard with the latest version of ModMii having already used an older version it would work super fast because it has next to nothing to download.

Reactions: 1 person

elpontiff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='elpontiff'],
What version of ModMii did you use? ModMii v5.2.1 was a minor update, so your guide and files would be the same regardless of whether you used 5.2.0 or 5.2.1. To see what's changed read the changelog (see first post), if nothing's been mentioned in the changelog (since the version you used) regarding the ModMii wizard then there is no need to repeat the process. That being said, ModMii keeps a temp folder so it doesn't need to download files twice. So if you were to repeat the wizard with the latest version of ModMii having already used an older version it would work super fast because it has next to nothing to download.

Thanks bro! This is all new stuff to me and the last thing i want to do is Brick my kids Wii. After Modding and adding Homebrew Channel, is there any thing esle I need to add in order play burned disc(err.. iso's) and how can I use it to play DVD's (movies). Sorry for all of the questions. Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...