Homebrew [Beta] Spider DS Profile RopLoader (4.x only)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone test using mt card's launcher and use emunand without any 3ds flashcarts?

If I can boot gateway mode with this, I'm pretty sure the same can be done with any 4.x compatible launcher.dat file. MSETT ROP code installed to DS Profile is pretty much the same for everything. Unless you have something very exotic where the MSET ROP code loads a bin file from SD card with a custom file name that isn't launcher.dat. But I know of nothing that does this. Only the new spidertools exploit has differing payloads that point to different payload files on the SD card. The web browser has more flexibility in terms of what could be loaded and how compared to the old MSETT exploit. ;)

only issue is that it would require an internet connection if provided by GW.

Well the main difference here is that the MSETT exploit sticks and only has to be installed once. Only time one has to install it again is if emunand or sysnand undergoes a format or if a DS game is played. I would assume GBA VC titles booted from sysnand would also result in MSETT exploit being cleared out, but have no GBA titles of my own to test that. :P

I could see Gateway using this to cut costs. It would not be that big of a problem for consumers to need internet access every now and then to reinstall MSETT. The new exploit has to be booted from web browser everytime and that's one reason why Gateway made the downgrade pack and what not for those who don't want to be near an internet connection.

Hey for all we know, Gateway could pull a rabbit out of their ass and come out with their own DS game loader tacked on to their Gateway menu which wouldn't clear out the MSETT exploit (as they have been rumered to be working on getting GBA/DS games to boot in gateway/classic mode). In theory they could modify/patch Arm9 to load DS games from SD card and simply remap where the DS profile is stored while DS games are running so as to not interfere with the existing profile used by the MSETT exploit.

Not likely anytime soon, but one could dream.... :P

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
byebye bluecard 0.001b
--------------------------------
we want to get this shiny shiny - but get it out as no be able to work on 3ds again for little time - put all file in normal place - is just code.bin from yfanlu but 4 4x - no think public 4x file 4 load code.bin work yet - so put index.html from zip on server 2... not much original so thanx 2 yifanlu, 3dbrew, wintermute, drenn, snail, smea etc... + er...gateway just be putting index on server (no forget use frame to) and code on sd and will install gateway ds profile rop http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=47753777289998764895 not test 2 much but should work on all 4x - use at own risk - no blame goatway if break u 3ds
goatway - remember when hacking was fun?

Can you please supply source so I may set 6.x ROP chain? Many thanks.

https://github.com/WinterMute/ROPInstaller/tree/master/ROPChains

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can you please supply source so I may set 6.x ROP chain? Many thanks.

https://github.com/WinterMute/ROPInstaller/tree/master/ROPChains

I don't see how this will make it work on 6.x. MSETT exploit existed up until 7.x, But it was only really an entry point. The exploit loaded from launcher.dat was patched in 5.0.

Though you could in theory do a new ROP chain for MSETT on 6.x/7.x that is somehow a hybrid of what the spider tools exploit does. But whether or not that could be done from DS Profile or not is the question. Either way, you are in for a LOT of code work if you ever hope to do that with MSETT. :P

EDIT: Oh so that's just a memory dumper (which apparently still works in 6.x). Thought it was something involving booting into CFW or something....Never mind then. :P

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can I now boot Gateway mode and play .cias without the Gateway Card with this?

No. That still requires the Gateway card. (if you are using Gateway's launcher) And if it's the MT-Card launcher, you still need the MT-Card to boot into the mode that allows booting CIAs/roms. Classic mode with either one does not allow that currently.

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i went into the browser with code.bin on my sd card went on apache thunder's website and got an error has occured(dialog), i pressed ok and was on the homemenu. is it supposed to work this way?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went into the browser with code.bin on my sd card went on apache thunder's website and got an error has occured(dialog), i pressed ok and was on the homemenu. is it supposed to work this way?

Yep that is what it did with me and the DS Profile hack was installed. to test if it worked go to the ds profile and see if it locks up if it does then it did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...