Big ass shock

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I took apart a camera today and I was trying to fix it. I had to turn it on to test it so I put batteries in it and flicked it on. Then I got a big shock that seemed to pass through both my arms. I immediately threw the camera down and started walking around. Now my arms feel tingly and my chest kinda hurts (could be psychological). I know it was very stupid and I'll never do it again but could the shock have caused some damage? I'm half an hour away from the hospital and I kinda want to avoid going if at all possible so should I be worried?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a shock almost just like that. I was plugging in a coaxial cable after a shower.
mellow.gif

You'll be fine.
wink.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I came into this topic expecting something entirely different...

On topic though: You should be fine. The electricity passed through your body and the voltage from an average battery like those you put in camera woudl not be strong enough to do any serious damage.

mywiistuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, i had the same thing happen to me about 2 months ago. Was taking apart my little, teeny Cannon because it broke, and, like a lot of people omn these forums, the itch to tear it apart was too much. I'm still alive... so...

Beware though, when I took out the batteries, it still shocked me (yes, twice)
yaynds.gif

Of course, if I hear something happened to you after I said I was fine, I would probably kill myself with guilt...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got shocked with the capacitor of the flash, which can be potentially lethal. Disposable cameras discharge pulses of 500 vdc at 120 amps while professional cameras can discharge 1250 vdc @ 1kA... though that would be enough to fracture your bones.

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
You got shocked with the capacitor of the flash, which can be potentially lethal. Disposable cameras discharge pulses of 500 vdc at 120 amps while professional cameras can discharge 1250 vdc @ 1kA... though that would be enough to fracture your bones.

But I'm still alive, does that mean I should be fine, cause if I should go to the doctor I'm gonna have to do it now.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're fine. You're worrying too much about it.

At the school I went to, there was a parking lot light that didn't work right. And when you touched it, you would get a huge ass shock that would pretty much drop you to your knees. We would touch that all the time. You're fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 5 dollars per download, "Britney Spears panties after a concert" celebrity scents would have...