'Biomutant' gets new-gen gameplay footage

biomutant.jpg

Launched last year on PC, Xbox One and PS4, Biomutant from developer Experiment 101 will soon land on new-gen platforms. In anticipation of this release, new gameplay footage captured on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S was aired today:

Biomutant is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Wung-Fu fable RPG, with unique martial art styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting, and mutant ability action.

PlayStation®5 technical details:
The native PlayStation 5 version features faster loading times, HDR as well as DualSense and Activity Card support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:
- Quality Mode: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 60 FPS
- Quality Unleashed: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ up to 60 FPS

Xbox Series X details:
The native Xbox Series X version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:
- Quality Mode: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 60 FPS
- Quality Unleashed: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ up to 60 FPS

Xbox Series S details:
The native Xbox Series S version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:
- Quality Mode: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: Native 1080p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 60 FPS
- Quality Unleashed: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ up to 60 FPS

Biomutant will launch for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S on September 6th for $ 39.99 / € 39.99 / £ 34.99. Owners of the Xbox One / PlayStation 4 versions can get a free upgrade to the respective new-gen version and even make use of their save games and also carry over their achievements/trophies.

Be sure to check out our full review of the PS4 version linked below!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Biomutant Official GBAtemp Review

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont get the hate
i like that they took many old game mechanics and mixed them up likefor instance the combat and weapon system it reminded me so hard of fable

Reactions: Xzi

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't play the game, but was interested in it. I also wondered why it was only PS4 and no PS5 yet.
Glad to see they reconsidered it :)
Though, I hoped for the game to be part of PS+ soon, I guess I can stop waiting as it's not happening any time soon if they expect to still sell it on new platforms. But nice move to make free upgrade !
And the price is fine, it's not a 80$ game.

It's nice to have the option of non limited fps, instead of 1080p/60 only. I wonder if lags and slowdown will be too noticeable and annoying or not. I might end playing in 30fps instead if it bothers me too much.

I also don't understand the "hate everything you can" in the current time at all.
People just love to hate things, and seeing that the people who actually loves them don't intervene then we only have threads full of hateful comments. Like Kena bridge of spirits DLC thread "that game is meh at best" ? or the buy out of Quantic Dream .. "they made only shit games anyway, no loss, good riddance" "it's not a game, it's a movie", xeno "empty game" comments, or "Companies should stop making bad God of War clone, we already have good ones" etc. (and this is mostly for this week comments ??)
it's the same with movies and TV series too, but I just watch and play things anyway, and get my own idea, and usually love and enjoy my time with them.

I'm curious to know what games these users actually like. That's probably not the game genre I like, but I won't tell they are bad, just not my genre.
probably games that work only on a high end 10k$ PC with RTX 263558451558 and still finding the game is bad and criticizing it because it runs are 239fps instead of 240fps, while I'm having good time with Picross :P

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: tabzer

Taikutsumaranai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Oh pretty please. I don't think people are hating for the sake of it. The game world is pretty much dead empty, the difficulty poses no challenge, AI is stupid and the narrator having to translate everything after the NPCs speak their gibberish is just triggering. That and the cheesy lines he keeps repeating. Giving that game was delayed a few times and the fans expressing their concerns before the release had me thinking that it would become something better. But unfortunately...

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@tabzer, sorry I wasn't pointing at you at all (I didn't even notice you said it :P), it's something I read often about that game, or last of us, etc.. too much cutscenes or not enough actions and people are not happy and call it a movie.
But, yeah, I would also like to see a movie of their games, if they actually follow the game's story and are not re-interpreted badly for Hollywood standards.

Thanks @DKAngel and @Taikutsumaranai for telling what was wrong with Biomutant in your opinion, and not just saying it's bad.
Maybe I will not like the narrator translating everything either...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@Cyan, np. I was the only person who said something of the like in that thread so I thought it must've been about what I said.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@tabzer, sorry I wasn't pointing at you at all (I didn't even notice you said it :P), it's something I read often about that game, or last of us, etc.. too much cutscenes or not enough actions and people are not happy and call it a movie.
But, yeah, I would also like to see a movie of their games, if they actually follow the game's story and are not re-interpreted badly for Hollywood standards.

Thanks @DKAngel and @Taikutsumaranai for telling what was wrong with Biomutant in your opinion, and not just saying it's bad.
Maybe I will not like the narrator translating everything either...
yeah the narrator is bloody annoying also but can be skipped, game had potential but seriously it didn't change at all, the quests where pretty much all the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?