Bioshock 1 announced for iPhone and iPad

D

Deleted User

Don't, it's shit anyway.

I played Bioshock 1 and it was boring. I played Bioshock Infinite and it was aggressively shit.

Wow you're so edgy! lol Bioshock 1 was shit? whatever you say pal, one of the best games last gen. The last boss stunk tho i'll give you that.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow you're so edgy! lol Bioshock 1 was shit? whatever you say pal, one of the best games last gen. The last boss stunk tho i'll give you that.

How dare someone dislike a game I like! Clearly they must be hardcore edgy!
1392221655488s.jpg

Reactions: Gahars

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Let's not fool ourselves, it's an old game, it will be a $5 to $15 digital download at most. Any additional outlet only generates additional income in such a scenario.

Forget that. Make it free-to-play/pay-to-win and you have people spending more money on it than they should.

And even for $5-$15 it'd sell more on iPhone than Vita so there's really no comparison.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Forget that. Make it free-to-play/pay-to-win and you have people spending more money on it than they should.

And even for $5-$15 it'd sell more on iPhone than Vita so there's really no comparison.
Let me rephrase that. It's a low-cost digital release - it doesn't matter which platform sells more, what matters are the total consolidated sales. Of course we'd have to assume that the sales would be sufficient to pay off the porting process, but that's a whole different matter.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Bioshock was one of the most boring games last-gen. Horribly overrated. Console gamers were so starved for proper FPSes, they gave unlimited praise to anything they could get their hands on at that time...

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Where is the Android port?

Even though Android is growing in market value, developers still insist and (sometimes exclusively) will only still develop for Apple. It boggles my mind that they insist on closing out everyone who doesn't own an iDevice. Like they still think that most of the technological world is dominated by Apple. When it's really 50/50 with Android catching up quick. And it will be quicker if Apple is dragging their next iPhone announcement until the Note 4 is unveiled.

Maybe it's a contractual agreement? (like Nintendo's anti-Sega policy in the 80's for 3rd parties) we don't know what happens behind closed doors if you a big developer in the iOS world what apple tells or offers you.

Any iSnark aside..I would have rather seen the cancelled Final Fantasy Tactics turn based Vita game remade on consoles, maybe even as an XBLA / PSN download.

Hell give me System (Bio)Shock damnit. Not this shit...so 2k...would you kindly? get some new ideas??

Reactions: TripleSMoon

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting I think I will stick to playing this on my PS3 or PC from what I have seen the controls are going to be similar to what you would get in a Modern Combat game. Meaning the controls will be subpar because there is really no easy solution for touch controls on a fps title.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Even though Android is growing in market value, developers still insist and (sometimes exclusively) will only still develop for Apple. It boggles my mind that they insist on closing out everyone who doesn't own an iDevice. Like they still think that most of the technological world is dominated by Apple. When it's really 50/50 with Android catching up quick. And it will be quicker if Apple is dragging their next iPhone announcement until the Note 4 is unveiled.

Developers prefer iOS to Android because Android has rampant piracy issues, more so than any other mobile platform. And, beforehand, bringing existing games to Android was a pain in the ass since Java is absolute.

Also, Android users far surpass iOS users by almost double these days, so share of the market isn't the issue.

Reactions: Wellington2k

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bioshock was one of the most boring games last-gen. Horribly overrated. Console gamers were so starved for proper FPSes, they gave unlimited praise to anything they could get their hands on at that time...

Not really no, we don't starve for any game we just want a game.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Original Bioshock was OK but I don't think it'll have that feeling like you would get playing with PC or Console though. Something like GTA works because you can just do stuff in it and DS game ports work as they are designed for resistive touchscreen to play on go.
But that seems to be new thing, when you can't make new mobile games, port super old games with big names!

Don't, it's shit anyway.

I played Bioshock 1 and it was boring. I played Bioshock Infinite and it was aggressively shit.

I liked it very much but that was one of the very first games I actually played with actual computer so that may have something to do with it. Bioshock 2 did improve many aspects but I certainly see why many critizice it for being far too similar with first game. Infinite with it's regen shield corridor shooter bshit definitly wasn't that great but it was OK and -25% on already lower PC price and three free games at launch was pretty good deal at GMG.

Maybe it's a contractual agreement? (like Nintendo's anti-Sega policy in the 80's for 3rd parties) we don't know what happens behind closed doors if you a big developer in the iOS world what apple tells or offers you.
One thing that saddens me is that many now thinks Samsung = Android. They are the ones making Android bloatware instead of improving it.

I'm betting there are two things: fragmentation of android devices from old to new, cheap to expensive and being super easy to pirate games without differences to legit ones.
You simply focus on one or two devices and worry less about piracy, if it's success then port it over - maybe. Definitly sucks especially knowing my much cheaper android is even much more powerful than some iDevice.

That said I'm literally done with mobile gaming. I just get angry every time I even look at that way. Vita would've been excellent device because physical buttons and you can buy other bioshocks to PS3.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more excited that they keep porting over x86 games to ARM. This hopefully is going to start a trend where those "Mobile games suck" discussions will exponentially become more irrelevant. Sure we have many great games on mobile, but you have to seek them out as they're drowned out by facebook game clones. The technology is already here and capable, we just need more developers to seize mobile's opportunity and potential.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...