Hacking Black Jap Wii Converted to USA wii. Almost Perfect

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i got my black jap wii a few days ago and finally started playing with it tonight. It shipped with 4.1J firmware which kind of surprised me. Thought it would be 4.0j. So i bannerbombed it, which actually took a few try's and i installed the homebrew channel and bootmi as an ios. Then i used Trucha bug restore so i could download cIOS rev14. Everything well smoothly. Then i used Any region changer modb to change the console region and the shop channel and i installed system menu 3.2 which i figured would give me a semi brick.. Any region changer froze after it said installed successfully and i left the wii on for 15 minutes just to be sure and finally i shut it off. It gave a semi brick as figured. So i used Waninkoko's firmware dowgrade to go to 4.0u and then i used his firmware upgrader to go to 4.1U. I tested a few retail USA games and they load fine. The shop channel loads fine as well but new channel and forecast dont work. Also the forecast channel and i think the internet channel are still in jap. Rest is all 100% english..SO i guess now i have to do some research on how to make the news channel and forecast channels work correct. im guessing anytitledelter or something.When i load them i get "this channel can not be run or started". something like that. But at least now i have a pretty sweet black wii. I like it much better than my black XCM wii now that i have been playing with it for a while. i already had Black XCM wiimotes but its nice to have all black OEM stuff.
IMG_0368.jpg

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck that really looks kewl

well, i might have some black spray paint to spare

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
next up it to cahnge my launch 3.3korean wii to a 4.1usa wii..we'llsee how it goes..if i brick it ill take the sticker off my usa wii with a hairdryer and razorblade and have nintendo fix it for free..haha..yeah the box does look slick though..glad u liked it..

isamux

Trophies
XP
Country
congrats. Just a question. Instead of going down to 3.2, why not use the Wani's downgrader and go to 4.0U? then up to 4.1U. I haven't tried and so far you are the 3rd person I've read with a new batch of Jap Wii's that have 4.1U with little to no side effects.

I'm so tempted.

Again great job!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be honest, i don't know why your Wii is not bricked, it should be after downgrading to 3.2. Maybe something you did changed the Wii to accept old IOS, or some new Wiis have a different hardware and are able to run them without problems. Anyways, just don't downgrade new Wiis, especially if you don't want to have a downgraded system in the end.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you have preloader installed and enabled the region free channel hack...
I THINK it wil fix the news and forecast stuff...

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand downgrading a brand new Wii will brick. Does Jap firmware somehow prevent this from happening? Nice looking Wii though... Would go nice with the Darkmii theme
grog.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Last time I messed about with Anyregion changer to do the Rockband 2 USA content hack to use the shop channel and news etc I had to Agree to the TOS (Terms of service) for the Internet and 24connect again for it to work properly and I think I had to do it once again when I changed it back it just hung otherwise!

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
atfer i went to 3.2 i knew that i should have just used anyregion changer to change the console region and saved and then used waninkoko's firmware downgrader to go to 4.0u and then his upgrader to go to 4.1. After doing some more reading i guess im pretty lucky not to have bricked..especially when u consider anyregion changer froze after it said installation complete. And i did not have preloader or anything..will probably do that later.

ljf500xxxx is my serial number.
thanks for the tip kobykaan ill try it..i guess i needs wads for the usa forecast channel and the usa internet channel. those are still in jap.

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so here is a little update..i took the advice of another poster and updated my user agreements and when it did it asked me if i wanted to update which was odd since im on 4.1u already but i figured what the hell..i updated and now i have a english working forecast channel and a working news channel. although i have duplicate non working jap channels for those too. so i loaded up wadmanager and i got a ret error=1 error . i figured the update had overwritten the cios rev14. so i loaded up trucha restore and used it to downgrade ios36 and all went well. then i loaded wad manager 1.5 and i still get the same error when choosing iso 249 and also iso 36. ill have to do some research but i dont think ive ever gotten this error. i think next ill try some older version of wad manager.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
why didnt u just any region changer it to 4.1U....

This. Downgrading it to 3.2u was a pretty risky thing to do and just resulted in you performing unnecessary steps. Also, you could probably use a version of AnyTitleDeleter to get rid of those duplicate channels. Just make sure you don't delete the wrong thing.

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i realize now downgrading to 3.2 was a mistake..but i made it to usa safely..but yeah i could be here crying about a brick..haha..i got a full oem black nintendo usa wii..who knows if it will ever come out here. might install a sunkey lite just to see if the new drive that doesnt read dvd-r's is just BS or if its real..im guessing BS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    C @ Clayton44333: with settings updated