Not open for further replies.

leoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
how on earth did u ever mod your wii in the first place if u don't know how to install wads??

Anyways, read carefully...
start ModMii, launch the ModMii wizard, tell it that your wii is not a virgin, enter in all the rest of the information truthfully. Say no to download everything except for the shopping channel, say yes to that one. Let modmii download the files and build u a guide. Follow the guide, it will spell out how to install the shopping channel wad and the IOS56 wad that ModMii would've just finished downloading. Hopefully u will learn a thing or 2 during the whole process

Thanks, it worked perfectly.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really great move
smile.gif
. We love how to play clean without annoying cheaters who ruin the game...

Its still funny how they are the first one that really aplly patches to a wii game when the game is already released
smile.gif

Really goodjob!

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
hey guys,
if I changed my wii's country in the shop channel to USA would that get my game patched?
because PAL wii,NTSC game doesn't seem to work.

If I get the PAL version will I be able to use my NTSC savegames with it?

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im going to ask the question again that the OP asked before this thread turned into "how to mod a wii" type thread

Is the update safe for soft modded wii's?

those of you that have actually done the update...is all kosher?

thanks for the info!
cool.gif

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I installed the update on my wii and I am loading games from USB HDD and everything is working. The patch actually works pretty good I had only one "server issue" today when I tried to play but it still conected faster and I even joined some games that were in progress. I have read that you need a wii shop account to be able to get the update. NO IT IS NOT IN THE WII SHOP it is downloaded in-game when you start a multiplayer game. I beleive the new version is 5.0.12

geeb2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also using USB HDD to load games and have a wii shop account. Can't say it is the current shop channel though as I have not used it in a while. Game has improved quite a bit with this update. Played for about 90 minutes and only had 1 server issue myself also. Glad they can do this and that it doesn't affect my usb loading.

elixeus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the patch on softmodded wii without a hitch (both backup and retail disc). Hasn't bricked my Wii or anything like that, and they did fix some of the multiplayer issues! No regrets!

twtcad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome..........I have a NTSC 4.1U console that is Softmodded and chipped running off a usb. Didn't have to update anything except for the game update and everything is working great. Thank You!

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
i installed the update and i dont see any fixes except the profile bug fixed, i still get errors every 5 mins, and i swear i got booted from 6 matches before i could connect to one.

please dont say that!

that was my issue as well and i was told that this patch was to fix those wifi issues
cry.gif

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freek said:
terminal_illness said:
i installed the update and i dont see any fixes except the profile bug fixed, i still get errors every 5 mins, and i swear i got booted from 6 matches before i could connect to one.

please dont say that!

that was my issue as well and i was told that this patch was to fix those wifi issues
cry.gif

Same here. I can play Combat Training fine, but when I go to Player Match, then I get kicked out of every one
angry.gif

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Does the patch actually help? I'm debating whether I should download it, since I don't play it that often.

Wiisel said:
Treyarch must suck at math, 2070 - 59 = 2011, not 2010. =/
Uh, you can't play unless you download the patch...

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowLink92 said:
Freek said:
terminal_illness said:

please dont say that!

cry.gif

Same here. I can play Combat Training fine, but when I go to Player Match, then I get kicked out of every one
angry.gif

Also had the same, so i deleted the update and redownloaded it.
Since then no problems playing for 3 hours and its always conncecting even joined some games that were already running(which never happened to me before the update)

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiThoko said:
CarbonX13 said:
Does the patch actually help? I'm debating whether I should download it, since I don't play it that often.

Wiisel said:
Treyarch must suck at math, 2070 - 59 = 2011, not 2010. =/
Uh, you can't play unless you download the patch...
Point is, I don't play a lot. Will this significantly improve the online so that I'd play a lot, or should I just save the 59 blocks for something else.

elixeus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CarbonX13: If not in this patch, I'm sure a future one. Yes it's annoying that it uses as many blocks as it does, but I have room on my SD card to move some of channels over too, no biggie - at least from my point of view. The alternative: you can't play online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: definitely BEARable :rofl2: