Hacking Black screen after updating Firmware

Sparky076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Fixed-ish. Deleted the emuMMC folder, and I can get back in. What do I have to do to let me use emuMMC?

Hey y'all. I hope someone would be able to help me out. I'm getting a black screen now. My switch was previous on 8.0.1, and I was using Atmosphere + Kosmos (I don't remember the versions) from SDSetup. I went through a few things on SDSetup, and wanted to try using Atmosphere w/o Kosmos, because apparently there's some drama or something going on. Don't know. Completely out of the loop. Either way, I got some help from Birb on a discord channel, and he gave me his guide on how to boot Atmosphere + Hekate (here). Eventually got it to work following that guide, but I noticed I had a new UI with Hekate v5.2.1.

Touch screen, extra settings, a whole bunch of stuff I wasn't use to seeing. Normally I just boot right into the CFW and launch the HB menu if needed, but I decided to dig around in this new interface. I saw something about emuMMC being disabled, and I decided hey, why not enable it (I know, I know... I should research into shit first). Created some sort of backup or something there. Ok Cool. Not sure what that was about though. I already made a NAND backup from release, but ok.

Afterwards, I chose to just boot into Atmosphere CFW, and wanted to update my switch firmware to 9.2.0. I opened up the HB menu, ran ChoiDujourNX v1.02 (I probably should've looked for an updated version, my bad), and selected the 9.2.0 firmware to upgrade to. I select the normal 9.2.0, and not the exFAT version, as my SD card was formatted to FAT32, and I made sure to have AutoRCM on (This switch is not iPatched).

ChoiDujourNX did its thing, I hit reboot when it let me, and BAM! I get the "sept by Atmosphere" screen, the Atmosphere night sky screen, and the Atmosphere logo screen, and then just a blank screen.

Is there a way I can recover from this, and if so, how can I go about it?

Last edited by Sparky076,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
first you need to read on what Hekate is how to use it what emummc - emunand is second Always choose exfat when updating so it supports both fat32 and exfat 3th if yoy have installed themes remove them look on how to do that manually and since you dont know how to use emummc better delete it from your sd but copy the nand backup Hekate made to your pc
and check if you have the sigpatches you need and get your keys with Lockpick RCM

Last edited by LyuboA,

Sparky076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first you need to read on what Hekate is how to use it what emummc - emunand is second Always choose exfat when updating so it supports both fat32 and exfat 3th if yoy have installed themes remove them look on how to do that manually and since you dont know how to use emummc better delete it from your sd but copy the nand backup Hekate made to your pc
I think SDSetup gave me themes. Where do I find them in my SD card? I was thinking of overlays.

I'm copying the emuMMC folder right now. Is it safe to use? I've been using CFW on my switch for a long time now, so I'm afraid of whatever backup it made, is dirty.

Will deleting the themes and the emuMMC folder allow me to boot back up into Hekate and Atmosphere?

Update: Deleting the emuMMC folder let me see the Switch splash screen, and into the CFW. Thank you.

Last edited by Sparky076,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH