Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
You should only have the Savemii in. If you already have a GC controller then there was no need to buy a Savemii. If the GC controller method didn't work then Savemii won't, they do the same thing. Sounds like the system menu has gone, in which case you have a nice doorstop.

You could send it to N and say that it happened whilst trying to update. Worst case is that you will be where you are now, nowt to lose
It honestly does not matter. I purchased a savemii bc I hates screwing around with the GC controller, but I still keep it plugged in anyways when doing repairs and it never once has made a difference.

The fact that he was able to get a code dump is at least a little bit better of a sign than a full brick. He might have a chance to repair it on his own, but it is slim. He could send it to N, but personally I would not.

(Not trying to make money for myself), but honestly, if I were the OP I would send the wii to me or someone else who does wii repairs bc he has a working NAND backup. Whats great is, like xflak said, since the OP has the keys, I can dump his NAND with the infectus, use betwiin to convert it over to my boot1 vulnerable wii, repair the issue, convert it back to run on his wii and nothing is lost. All savegames and everything are still in tact. It does take a little longer for me to do but it is a guaranteed fix and I still only charge $40 for the repair (which is half of what nintendo charges in the US).

If you send it to N, and you're out of warranty or they find homebrew, then they charge a lot of money and you lose everything that you worked for and had installed. Worst thing is if you did have a DVD drive that could use burned games, N makes sure every wii they send out now has the newest drive in it so you will lose that functionality.

It is worth it to send it to me or another qualified repair person. (there's like only a dozen of us worldwide that do this service)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Bad_84, I believe lives in the UK and he can do the repair service also. I think that there might also be another person in the UK that does these repairs. I don't care if I don't make any money off of this issue, I just want to try to help the OP however possible.

OP, PM me if you would like to know where to get a hold of Bad_Ad84. I won't post the links here bc they will probably get removed since it is a link to another site. Or google his name up, but it will probably be better if you just PM me and I can tell you directly so you don't have to search.

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A PM here works too as I get email notifications
smile.gif

My fee is £30 including return shipping and I can certainly repair your Wii.

Please let me know if you need save games rescuing, as by default I would just flash your backup to Wii and be done with it - save games is by request only and is extra work.

If you need feedback to prove my past transactions, I can link you to my ebay feedback and feedback on other forums via PM.

And thanks deadly for the reference
smile.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
If you have a functioning menu, the light on Savemii will go green and the system menu version will appear on your screen. If the light stays red and/or no menu version appears then its most likely screwed.

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
by "screwed" I assume you mean "Will have to send it to someone to have the nand reprogrammed"?

It sounds like you have a software issue and without being able to get into the Wii, you wouldnt be able to repair it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Bad_Ad84 said:
by "screwed" I assume you mean "Will have to send it to someone to have the nand reprogrammed"?

It sounds like you have a software issue and without being able to get into the Wii, you wouldnt be able to repair it.

Yeah mate, thats exactly what I meant. Sorry, its cos Im a Manc

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I did the tests and stuff though and I also used the Auto boot disc, i just burned the any region changer onto a DVD, did i do it right, i used img burn and just burned the ISO

Nothing happened when i used it with the auto boot any region changer disc! are there any other boot discs I could use, i haven't tried every option yet, it still could be a software problem!

Could anyone tell me where there are any discs to try out, any links ,please?

Thanks
smile.gif

Miles54321

OP
Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Also, DeadlyFoez, you said it'd be a good idea to compare my wii serial number with others to see if it's possible to put BootMii back on there, how do I see everyone elses?

Here are my Wii Details:

Model Number: RVL-001 (EUR)

Serial No: LEF20476647 (then another 4 in a box)

How do I compare my wii with others, is there a section for wii serial numbers?

Also, I tried again recently and I was able to get into Priiloader however when I try to install and then load files from Hackmii for the HBC or Bootmii my system crashes
frown.gif

My wii also flashes once when turned on, is there anyway to put Bootmii back on there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A