Hacking Black Wii

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm the differences homebrew wise between the current wii's and the black wii's?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Almost none.

Only that black wii's ALWAYS have these cons:
- Completely no disc-backup loading possible. Which eliminates GC backups for now. (You could replace you drive lens etc. but I'm talking about software.
tongue.gif
)
- No chance of a vulnerable boot2. (But, loads of white wii's have this too).

D3M0N23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Darkmystery said:
Almost none.

Only that black wii's ALWAYS have these cons:
- Completely no disc-backup loading possible. Which eliminates GC backups for now.
- No chance of a vulnerable boot2. (But, loads of white wii's have this too).

now i could be wrong but

Completely no disc-backup loading possible. Which eliminates GC backups for now.

should also affect some off the newer normal white wii's, specially the ones produced at the same time as the black wii's

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I also confirm darkmystery's notes.

Basically, a black wii isn't different from a recent white wii.

Oh, it probably also comes with 4.2...just like the recent white wii's (no, that doesn't make it harder to hack or anything like that).

EDIT: and yes at D3MON23: there are indeed also white wii's with that newer drive that prevents backup discs to load.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I've never understood why so many people are stuck on being able to pirate GC games. Can someone please explain why. There s not all that many titles for GC that can be considered great, especially when there are so many more titles for the wii that take advantage of the wii hardware. I have just never seen GC backup or the GC games in general as being anything so special that should be sought out by so many people.
Well, there were a few gems for the GC, such as Zelda. There are also people with dead DVD drives who want to play those games from USB, and that's where the problem begins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5GPuvgFv1k