Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe, Easily install Unity Wii U Games to your Retail Wii U

Hello everyone,
Today, I introduce a tool to easily make installable images from a Unity Wii U Build for any Retail Wii U !
This tool is currently in beta, some functions are not ready yet but the big part about decrypting Unity Build and repack it is working.
This is a short tutorial about how to use this tool. You can download it from my GitHub Repo here.

Installation & Setup
To Install Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe you just need to download it from the Release Page of the GitHub and extract it to your Unity's Build folder. Like that :

follders.png
Here we are inside my "Builds" folder of my Unity Project. The folder "Ver1" is my Unity Build with raw and dev files. You need to add the extracted folder "WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe" to the root folder of your build like in the picture. The "Versions" folder is created by Wii U Cafe Deluxe to store your Wii U Game versions. "tempMastering" is the folder who contains the mastering files (deleted after mastering done) and finaly, "copyToYourWiiUSD" contains the installable files to use with WUP Installer or System Config Tool on Retail Wii U. The two JSON files are the settings to use with the tool.

To set up the tool, you just need to run WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.exe from the folder of the same name. You will have a message box to ask you if you want to create a new project, select "yes" and you will see this window :
create_fill.png

The "Project Name" is how your final game is named. If later, you check the option "Automatically Copy To SD", this field will be used to create the folder in your SD Card with the installable files.

You can add an icon and developers, but it just aesthetics now.

Cafe SDK Location and Unity version are required later, add them manually or locate your Cafe SDK automatically and your Unity Version from your project files.
For now only Unity.1.2p3 has been tested, other version can work, but I didn't make any tests.

Now we have finished with the installation and the setup. I will now explain the different functionalities and usage of my tool.

Usage and Functions

home-final.png
This is the home of the tool. Here you can access to all functions. You can edit the project info, basic for now. First, we need to configure 3 options in the tool. So go to settings and change java.exe and the python.exe path to make NUSPacker and Kii U Generator to works. You can now change the path of your Wii U SDK parent directory. It's the folder who contains "SDK" folder and files like "SetupEnvironment". To use Kii U Generator, open a terminal window and enter this command to install all the decencies :
Code:
pip install pycryptodome

settings.png

If you have installed App Config Tool and/or Master Editor from the NDI, restart the app, and you will be able to launch them. Now we will take a look at the versions. If you already have a build, you can use this 'Import Version' options, but you need to move first the version folder if he is located in the same parent folder as Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe. If you don't have any version now, make a build in Unity and save it with a name, for me, I use 'Ver + version number' and place it in the parent build folder. After, use 'Create Version' Option, you will see this window :
createversion.png
Enter the SAME NAME as your Unity Build Folder Name ! And select how you have made your build. Actually, only 'Install Image' works. And create the version. You will see after selecting it in the list the size of the folder 'CopyToSDCard' who contains the normal dev files. Before making a master for the hardware, you need to go in 'Hardware Settings' and pick up your hardware.
I recommend you to dev a game to have a Wii U Deluxe Set with 32go of NAND storage. Now go in 'Master Options' :
masteroptions.png

We are now able to add our game infos. To correctly create the installation files, we need an TitleID and a TitleKey. To create them, we need an UniqueID and a Variation. Variation is not very important, but UniqueID is important, you can change the input with random things, copy the TitleID and check if the TitleID is already used with this website. If the ID is not used, click on 'Generate Title Keys' (Generated with Kii U Generator)
After, you need for CDecrypt to import the Wii U Dev Common Key located in the SDK, just click on 'Import tik_sys.bin' and the tool will try to locate the file, if it failed you can search if manually. It's here, if you want to enable the automatic copy to your Wii U's SD Card and choose the 'Install' folder (For WUP Installer) in Wii U SD. Save and close, you are ready to create your Wii U Installable files.
In the home, select the version to use (if you have multiple versions) and click on 'Make Master for my Hardware' (If in your folder 'copyToSDCard' you have multiple build type (Development or Master From Unity) Wii U Cafe Deluxe will ask you which one to use). Now wait, the tool can freeze, and you will have your files in the parent folder in 'CopyToWiiUSD' folder (if you have enabled the automatic reproduction, you just need to unplug your SD). Now install it to your Wii U.

It's all for me today, to check if there is an update of this tool, follow this thread of manually go to About > Check for Updates.

Have a good day and fun with your Wii U and Unity.

(For interested people about making a Wii U game on Unity, I am currently writing a complete tutorial and documentation in English and French based on my week searchs and Wii U Software and knowledge)

Last edited by RetroAndDev,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff honestly gonna try making my own unity games at some point starting small then maybe a full horror game.

Also can't wait to see your documentation on making a game with unity I had a issue of Cafe_root but I had found Cafe SDK tools on archive

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

Last edited by danny19901,

SpanishFreddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When i try to Generate the title keys or make master for my hardware, it search for one files that i dont have, like this ones when i try to generate the keys:

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.WiiUTitleKeysGenerator.GetUnencryptedTitleKey(String titleKey, String passKey, String wiiUCommonKey) C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUTitleKeysGenerator.cs:

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.SetupWindows.MasterOption.generateTitleKeyBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\SetupWindows\MasterOption.cs

Or this ones when i try to make master:

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.RepackContentWithNus() C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.CopyRawToNus() C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.DecryptSourceFileDir() C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.AfterCopyToWorkDir() C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.Completedelegate.Invoke()
WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.CustomFileCopier.Copy()

C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\CustomFileCopier.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.CopyVersionToWorkFolder(String versionFolder) C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.ProcessDownloadImage(String dataFolder) C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.MasteringWindow.StartProcess() C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\MasteringWindow.cs:

WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe.Home.button15_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) C:\Users\clogodfroy\Documents\GitHub\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\src\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe\Home.cs

Any help here? I cant do anything.

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
I am not home today and tomorrow. I have a little idea about this error. Check your python modules and location. For the second error check your Java install. I made it in two days, I potentially have left some bugs. I tell you in the nexts days.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

SpanishFreddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am not home today and tomorrow. I have a little idea about this error. Check your python modules and location. For the second error check your Java install. I made it in two days, I potentially have left some bugs. I tell you in the nexts days.

Ok, thx, i will see that
Post automatically merged:

All is set correctly, so, i will need to wait lol

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I been so busy with personal stuff last couple months - I missed this ! But I look forward to having a good look at it over the next week or so..

Celdyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"I am really looking forward to checking out your comprehensive guide on how to make a Unity game on Wii U!

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone !
Some users reported me some bugs and a difficulty to install the tool. (After all I made it in two weeks with one week and a half about Building game and installing it to a retail Wii U)

I will make a new version who will have some new features :
- TitleID Generation
- New installation method (with a setup executable)
- Bug fixing
- An application icon
- Support of shortcut
- Better speed
- A brand-new tutorial
- Support of meta icons and splash screen

I will start working on this evening after high school. I will release it when the second part of the tutorial about making a Wii U Game will be available

I also want to add the support of DevKit Pro (especially for macOS and Linux because my primary laptop is a MacBook Pro). Furthermore, I will see that after I'm done the tutorial

Have a good day !

MysticTortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a little bit of trouble with this, for anyone reading this in the future: in Unity's Build Settings, you have to change "Build Output" from Unpackaged (the default) to Download Image.
1686696296083.png

I'm also having issues with this error:
1686697217694.png

It seems to happen any time that the program tries to use it's external tools that use Java or Python. (Generating Title Keys, and using NusPacker when making the master build).
Sadly I can't send the output log because of being a new user on GBATemp.
Also, I did make sure to set the correct path to java.exe and python.exe. Doesn't make a difference.
Like I said, also happens with NusPacker so I can't actually build my project. Any help?

Last edited by MysticTortoise,

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Can you send me in PM the logs and the complete error (by clicking on « Details ») ?
Also for Unity, I used Boot Mode as NAND

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the generate title keys section:
Post automatically merged:

I have Python 3.11 installed in C:/Python311.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited by redfire_mrt,

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Verry strange, other users send me the same error. Do you have set your python.exe path is the Tool’s Settings ? For C:/Python311 the path must be set to C:/Python311/python.exe

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
It seems to happen any time that the program tries to use it's external tools that use Java or Python. (Generating Title Keys, and using NusPacker when making the master build).
Seems strange, while I created the tool all worked correctly...
I work on v2. I will use CNUS_Packer project and remove java NUSPacker. Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe will not require java to use NUS. I also try to remake KiiU Generator in C# to remove the dependency of Python
I will investigate when I will have more time

Jalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When I hit the "generate title keys" button, I get this error

1691857854003.png

Attachments

• details.txt
    8 KB · Views: 39